Gilded Bay i was born in a lighthouse, where my mother lay
and the gulls gave me my singing voice
60 Posts
Ooc — markab
Away
furiously manufactures an excuse here because otherwise my timeline will collapse in on itself

she is as friendly a foreigner as yunxu could have hoped to encounter. helping him hunt, offering information for free, offering to lead him to his sister. so of course her offer of further information and travel is met with a blank stare on his part as suspicion rears its head.

a part of yunxu feels bad for turning down her offer, that it might even be impolite; the larger part brushes it away.

he’s aware enough, though, not to say that. the young shark clears his throat; a prolonged moment passes before, scrambling for some deflection, he comes up with a decent lie. “thank you. but i waiting here for…” he struggles a moment, failing to come up with the precise word in english, “my sisters and brother. they come from south too. i take them to neverwinter then.”

the fact that this lie will need to be addressed later on sails right over yunxu’s head; he dips his muzzle towards the seal in invitation and no small hope that the excuse will fly. “we should eat first. i leave plenty for neverwinter.”

sequoia coast
english | mandarin
Messages In This Thread
RE: i was born in a lighthouse, where my mother lay - by Yunxu - August 17, 2020, 02:37 AM