Cerulean Cape In Nobody's Eyes, but Mine
143 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
AW! Vague based on active threads, hehe
Time: Sunset.

He couldn’t stay away.

The ocean beckoned him back after they had parted ways weeks before. The days were shorter now, as he arrived the sun was beginning to be drowned by the endless waves churning in the distance. It bled out into the sky, leaking bright streaks of reds and yellows into the horizon. Tahoe strode out onto the sand and took in the sight. The sea had such a foreign, yet familiar quality to it. Having grown up next to a lake of great size was comparable to it in a way, but ever so different. Nonetheless, it reminded him of home. Unlike lakes, the sea was pungent. The odor was strikingly salty, something which ceased to bother him nowadays. He was beginning to grow used to it. There was still much to learn about the seascape.

McBride’s gaze fell away from the sunset. He peered around, briefly studying the immediate area. Various pieces of vegetation were strewn upon the shore, ranging from seaweed and pebbles, to driftwood and fragments of seashells. A clump of the green stuff caught his eye, tangled up with something else. The something else was a stark contrast to the green, red in color, other fragments haphazardly discarded nearby. A shell of some sort, perhaps. The man briskly ambled over for a better look. He nosed the messy heap, using his paw to aid in revealing the item. Close to what he predicted, it was a shell, but indicated by the smell, the skeleton of a formerly living thing. The subject gave him a fair deal of confusion. He had never seen such a creature, even more confused by the fact that the flesh clung to the inside of the skeleton rather than out. It resembled a spider. A big, red spider of the depths. What he assumed were the legs of the spider were scattered around. The meat had already been ripped out, the gulls must’ve ravaged the carcass awhile ago. If the gulls found the bizarre sea creature edible, it was worth a try. Tahoe had gone a few days without a meal, he knew the hunger pangs would only get stronger. Seafood was worth a try, why not? Abandoning the shell, he sought a smaller piece to sample—a leg would suffice. He settled on a small one tossed nearby. With hesitation, he plunked his underbelly to the sand and scooped the unusual leg in his jaws, using his forepaws to hold it steady as he gnawed.
[Image: 3mHVCR-I7kLGqw7uPKuGBbUzDw9xLSEZi4v_D18o...uE8HfK.png]
Messages In This Thread
In Nobody's Eyes, but Mine - by Tahoe - October 04, 2020, 02:04 PM
RE: In Nobody's Eyes, but Mine - by Vanity - October 17, 2020, 03:49 PM
RE: In Nobody's Eyes, but Mine - by Tahoe - October 18, 2020, 03:00 PM
RE: In Nobody's Eyes, but Mine - by Vanity - October 20, 2020, 01:10 PM
RE: In Nobody's Eyes, but Mine - by Tahoe - October 21, 2020, 11:37 PM
RE: In Nobody's Eyes, but Mine - by Vanity - October 25, 2020, 01:55 PM
RE: In Nobody's Eyes, but Mine - by Tahoe - October 25, 2020, 06:20 PM
RE: In Nobody's Eyes, but Mine - by Vanity - October 26, 2020, 11:55 AM
RE: In Nobody's Eyes, but Mine - by Tahoe - October 31, 2020, 11:56 PM
RE: In Nobody's Eyes, but Mine - by Vanity - November 01, 2020, 04:15 PM