Otatso Wetlands give me segregation
12 Posts
Ooc — Molo
All Welcome 
Three more days of travel had brought Jethro to a region that he wanted to believe had real potential to be the place where he could find solitude for a time. It contrasted heavily with the grandiose maple forest where he’d met that little guy not too long ago, but there was still an inexplicable, somber sort of appeal to it. The place was dark, wet, gloomy, and muddy.. filled with all manner of odd things, not common to the forests he’d spent most of his young life in. Most might see this as a place that was interesting to explore, and then move on. Jethro did not think this was a place anyone would ever look at and want to call home. Unless of course, they were like him and just trying to be left the hell alone. 

Then, it was bloody perfect. It was also close to that maple forest, which meant he could go back there to hunt at any time he chose. Jethro smiled slightly to himself, pleasantly surprised at the fact that a plan seemed to be coming together. And then promptly grimaced as his forepaws sank, submerging him nearly up to his chest in a cold, gooey plot of muddied ground. ”Nasty shit,” he muttered, struggling a bit to pull his limbs free of the stuff that clung to him every step of the way.

It was damned sad that the mud was clingier and more possessive of him than his family had ever been. Preferable, though. It was much easier to learn to deal with clingy mud than clingy wolves - if those types even existed. They probably did, somewhere, but he’d had the blessing (or perhaps curse) of having been able to mostly avoid them, so far. 

Shrugging his shoulders and letting out an indignant huff, he proceeded onwards, trudging through the mud and brackish waters indifferently at this point, not caring for the mud and debris gathering and clinging in his fur. At least today was warmer than the last few had been, giving him the opportunity to explore and scout for easier routes without having to completely freeze his ass off. Trees and all sorts of other odd fauna dominated the landscape, and he paused at times, to study something or take in an odd scent. What he needed to find, was one plot of dry ground amidst all of this to be satisfied. As long as he didn’t have to sleep completely drenched in the water and mud, that was what he cared about. 

He could deal with that shit during the day if it meant having the solitude he wanted when he went to rest his head at night. 
Messages In This Thread
give me segregation - by Jethro - October 20, 2020, 09:59 PM
RE: give me segregation - by Paladin - October 21, 2020, 03:35 PM
RE: give me segregation - by Jethro - October 21, 2020, 08:54 PM
RE: give me segregation - by Paladin - October 22, 2020, 12:06 PM
RE: give me segregation - by Jethro - October 22, 2020, 04:37 PM
RE: give me segregation - by Paladin - October 22, 2020, 05:10 PM
RE: give me segregation - by Jethro - October 22, 2020, 06:38 PM
RE: give me segregation - by Paladin - October 23, 2020, 06:15 PM
RE: give me segregation - by Jethro - October 23, 2020, 11:13 PM
RE: give me segregation - by Paladin - October 24, 2020, 03:45 PM
RE: give me segregation - by Jethro - October 24, 2020, 07:31 PM