Nova Peak I've been gettin' lost in translation
PPing with permission -- set after this, which was forward-dated to have occurred not long before this thread

No, Ego refused when @Stag had asked him “do you want to howl for her?” as they stood side-by-side upon the threshold of Sagtannet’s mountain keep. And I do not want you to either. Let us surprise her.

(Whether freely or with great reluctance,) Stag led his umbral brother up Nova Peak, their long, matching strides carrying them in swift progress. In the dark, however, if one were to catch their silhouettes, it was easy to tell which of them belonged here; Which of them relied on the other. The preceding Sandraudiga, a silverwhite stallion, moved through the shadows and along natural footpaths with a particular certainty of his surroundings, while his brother, the follower, glanced to and fro in the manner of a disturbed tourist.

He couldn’t help but judge the lonely crag—compare it to the range he felt required to love.

This place was no bountiful Sunspires, but it had its own charms. Charms that Ego was content to ignore for now, as his mounting anticipation began to require nearly every bit of his focus. As a distraction, he talked strategy to Stag, trying to come up with good introduction lines, but the effort was lost as time passed. Because now, they were on a clear trail of hers, winding up, up, up to the spire’s breast. He knew he would see her any second now—as they rounded the rock face leading out onto the ridge Takiyok had taken as a dinner perch.

The brothers paused before their reveal, exchanging glances. Ego swallowed hard, his flaxen eyes uncertain, and gave Stag a firm nod. Ready. The eldest padded forward and drew the unsuspecting mother’s attention. “Mom, I brought you something,” he said, motioning behind her, which urged the lastborn forward. Though the baby steps he took were barely perceptible.

Mother? His tail wagged tentatively.
Messages In This Thread
I've been gettin' lost in translation - by Takiyok - October 21, 2020, 03:37 AM
RE: I've been gettin' lost in translation - by Ego - October 24, 2020, 05:27 PM
RE: I've been gettin' lost in translation - by Takiyok - October 25, 2020, 12:29 AM
RE: I've been gettin' lost in translation - by Ego - November 29, 2020, 04:34 PM
RE: I've been gettin' lost in translation - by Takiyok - December 05, 2020, 08:41 PM