Noctisardor Bypass goddess of the hunt
348 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Deerstalker
Tracker
Trapper
The words came out quietly, slowly, yet with a conviction Haunt didn't know she felt until they were spoken. She wondered if Artemis had told her this, though Haunt couldn't recall that part of the dream. She only knew that her feelings about her father's departure had shifted significantly. Her lips twisted thoughtfully, particularly when Vex insisted he would track down their father to get some answers. That was fair. Besides, Haunt wanted to show support, like he'd done for her.

"You're right. We deserve answers," she murmured in agreement, grimacing as that hideous itch flared suddenly at the back of her neck. This time, she couldn't resist and positioned herself to scratch at it again, though she kept her face turned toward Vex. "I would go with you, if you wanted," she added, which went directly against what she'd just said, but she'd do that for her brother.

As she took care of the unpleasant tickling at the base of her skull, Haunt realized something: she and Vex had grown much closer since Kaertok's departure. It was the silver lining of an otherwise awful situation and it left her feeling a strange mixture of fortunate and guilty. Some of that culpability came from their aforementioned sister. Conversely, Haunt felt like she'd drifted away from Royal. When she sat her foot down again and straightened, there was a strange glister to her yellow eyes.

"I don't know how long it'll take to heal," she said, "but once I'm better, maybe we could make a plan." It would be better than spontaneously running off into the wilderness, with hardly a lead to guide them. "In the meantime, I'll try to figure out how to pay this homage to Artemis, in case it helps us hunt him down."
Messages In This Thread
goddess of the hunt - by Haunt - November 02, 2020, 02:08 PM
RE: goddess of the hunt - by Kaskae - November 02, 2020, 02:25 PM
RE: goddess of the hunt - by Haunt - November 02, 2020, 03:04 PM
RE: goddess of the hunt - by Kaskae - November 03, 2020, 04:11 PM
RE: goddess of the hunt - by Haunt - November 04, 2020, 12:25 PM
RE: goddess of the hunt - by Kaskae - November 04, 2020, 03:21 PM
RE: goddess of the hunt - by Haunt - November 04, 2020, 04:42 PM
RE: goddess of the hunt - by Kaskae - November 05, 2020, 04:42 AM
RE: goddess of the hunt - by Haunt - November 05, 2020, 11:14 AM
RE: goddess of the hunt - by Kaskae - November 05, 2020, 11:26 AM
RE: goddess of the hunt - by Haunt - November 05, 2020, 11:57 AM