Hoshor Plains Where my Paws take me
Daughter of The Bear
158 Posts
Ooc — Dai
Not a wolf entirely? Aliana thought the Constable meant he was some CoyWolf but when he said he had ‘ curled tail ’ and ‘striped pelt’, that wasn’t any Coyote she’s seen. But then she remembered the days back before she had escaped, her Mother had once spoken of dogs. Wolves that had the Wild bred out them by humans—they dulled their fangs and claws, sucked the strength and size out to them, and made them subservient. They came in a multitude of sizes, shapes, and colors. Striped and spotted fur. Short to Curly tails.

Her Mother hated dogs— ‘they were an insult to Wolf kind’ she’d say. That they have lost the Wild in them and thus abandoned their heritage and who they once were. Even if a dog were to escape and make a living in the wild, they will always be a dog. The mark humans left on them will never be erased, never will they be considered Wolves, and never be part of the Wilds.

Aliana didn't share her Mother's beliefs nor did she voice them out to her as she never been in a situation she had to. And she doubts she ever would. If a dog can keep up with the Pack, there's no reason to deny them entry into the pack ...or even leadership.

Either way, she tucks the details in the same compartment as the black she-wolf that attacked her,   Hmph, It seems like they’ll accept anyone with a sharp tongue and no brains...  She spoke bluntly, but it didn’t mean she’d start underestimating them. If the pack was still striving that meant they had brains somewhere amongst the group,   I know we’re under a Bear lockdown, but I’ll have to come back in a few days and loosely lay down a few scent markers around the Plains. That’s how the next time she has no excuse. Or do you think we should just lay a few scent markers down now before we leave?   These were their Hunting Grounds. Why not leave a few scent markers so that passersby knew Kaistleoki has some claim over this area.

This is the law of the Jungle, as old and as true as the sky, And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk, the law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

Messages In This Thread
Where my Paws take me - by Whrist - November 23, 2020, 08:16 PM
RE: Where my Paws take me - by Aliana - November 24, 2020, 07:18 AM
RE: Where my Paws take me - by Whrist - November 24, 2020, 11:01 PM
RE: Where my Paws take me - by Aliana - November 25, 2020, 07:35 AM
RE: Where my Paws take me - by Whrist - November 26, 2020, 08:53 PM
RE: Where my Paws take me - by Hieronymous - November 26, 2020, 10:33 PM
RE: Where my Paws take me - by Aliana - November 28, 2020, 03:06 AM
RE: Where my Paws take me - by Whrist - November 29, 2020, 12:41 PM
RE: Where my Paws take me - by Hieronymous - November 29, 2020, 07:22 PM
RE: Where my Paws take me - by Aliana - November 30, 2020, 01:07 AM
RE: Where my Paws take me - by Hieronymous - December 01, 2020, 10:39 AM