Blacktail Deer Plateau i won't move till you finally see.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
For anyone who wants to save my poor dumb ass pup! If you can get the CMs to count this towards your warrior trade, I will gift you avvies :P

It was late in the day and Finley had just returned from a successful day of accomplishing nothing that was of any use to anyone. Nonetheless, she was feeling rather full of herself for what she had successfully done, which was to make a flock of geese very, very agitated without getting a beak stuck up her bum.

She had just stepped off of the towpath to the Plateau and begun skirting along the edge of the mountains when a flash of bright green caught her eye. Fin turned her head quickly to land her gaze upon a little grasshopper, bouncing innocently across the ground. "Wha--hey! Where you going!" she barked after it as a broad smile leaped across her lips. Strangely enough, it didn't answer her, but that failed to stop the silver mockingbird from bouncing after it like a kitten pouncing at the light of a laser pointer.

Fin didn't have to follow it far before she lost it amongst the rocks and the loam. She landed with a triumphant growl upon a patch of yellowing grass only to part her front paws and find that her little buddy was gone. The wolf leaped to her paws and spun around in a circle trying to find it again, but the critter had gone, its scent joining those of the thousands of other bits of nature that could be found there.

Fin gave the ground a pout before looking around at her surroundings to find herself at the center below a small outcropping of rock upon the mountainside. To either side of her and behind were stone walls that reached higher up towards the sky than she could have jumped. The ceiling stretched out only a few feet from the back wall, creating a very shallow cave that would maybe have served good shelter in the rain, but only if the wind was blowing the right way for it. She spent a moment sniffing around at the cave wall and then rolling repeatedly over a funny scent she found in the corner before deciding it was again time to continue home.

The epsilon had taken about two steps of that journey before she froze in fear.

How Fin hadn't seen it before, she couldn't know, but she cursed herself emphatically when her eyes narrowed in on the creature. Panic took her immediately and sent her tearing backwards until her rump crashed painfully into the back of the cave. Tremors of terror ran along her black-furred spine as she tried unsuccessfully to back away from it further, scrambling against the rock with her paws and whining pitifully. She barked, she cried, and finally she belted out a high pitch howl for help that rented through the darkening air. On shaking legs she leaped towards one side and then the other, only to be foiled again and again as it darted back and forth to block her path, finally settling in the center as Finley stopped her struggle and crouched down frozen, heart throbbing, scarcely breathing against the back of the cave.

The brown moth fanned itself with its wings as it sat harmlessly upon a fallen tree branch that had been sitting just under where the ceiling ended and empty sky began, completely unaware of the set of brown eyes that stared at it unblinking in absolute terror.

</style>

Messages In This Thread
i won't move till you finally see. - by Finley - September 09, 2014, 12:10 PM
RE: i won't move till you finally see. - by Finn - September 09, 2014, 12:48 PM
RE: i won't move till you finally see. - by Finley - September 09, 2014, 01:32 PM
RE: i won't move till you finally see. - by Finn - September 10, 2014, 03:38 PM
RE: i won't move till you finally see. - by Finley - September 11, 2014, 11:08 AM
RE: i won't move till you finally see. - by Finn - September 18, 2014, 03:49 PM
RE: i won't move till you finally see. - by Finley - September 24, 2014, 10:34 AM
RE: i won't move till you finally see. - by Finn - September 27, 2014, 05:28 PM
RE: i won't move till you finally see. - by Finley - September 27, 2014, 06:20 PM
RE: i won't move till you finally see. - by Finn - October 02, 2014, 04:56 PM
RE: i won't move till you finally see. - by Finley - October 03, 2014, 09:17 AM
RE: i won't move till you finally see. - by Finn - October 08, 2014, 07:50 PM
RE: i won't move till you finally see. - by Finley - October 09, 2014, 07:42 PM
RE: i won't move till you finally see. - by Finn - October 10, 2014, 11:33 PM