Dragoncrest Cliffs the eternal struggles of the howling man
348 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Deerstalker
Tracker
Trapper
Beyond the bare treetops, there was a small rise. Haunt eyeballed it as they roved in that direction. A forest beneath a mountain seemed like a cozy, safe place for a herd of deer to congregate. Surely they would find some trace of them here in the woods.

She turned her head toward Rosalyn as she queried about tracking. Haunt figured it was a rhetorical question to test her knowledge. She replied, "Scent is the most obvious answer. But when I don't have that, I look for footprints, droppings and other, less obvious signs that they've passed through an area, like bent grass or broken sticks. Sometimes they chew on bark, maybe even eat it. I'm not sure. But you can see the marks on trees sometimes, about ye high."

They'd reached the tree line, so she paused beside a tree and reared against it. There were no tooth marks in this particular example, though she tapped her paw against a spot a few feet above the ground to indicate where they might find some. Haunt then pushed off the trunk and resumed all fours. Before heading in further, she waited for Rosalyn's response.
Messages In This Thread
the eternal struggles of the howling man - by Haunt - February 06, 2021, 04:31 PM
RE: the eternal struggles of the howling man - by Rosalyn - February 07, 2021, 09:24 PM
RE: the eternal struggles of the howling man - by Haunt - February 08, 2021, 01:15 PM
RE: the eternal struggles of the howling man - by Rosalyn - February 17, 2021, 11:57 PM
RE: the eternal struggles of the howling man - by Haunt - February 25, 2021, 12:28 PM
RE: the eternal struggles of the howling man - by Rosalyn - February 28, 2021, 03:00 PM
RE: the eternal struggles of the howling man - by Haunt - February 28, 2021, 03:15 PM
RE: the eternal struggles of the howling man - by Haunt - March 11, 2021, 07:59 PM
RE: the eternal struggles of the howling man - by Haunt - March 21, 2021, 07:05 PM