Hideaway Strath you are, and always have been, a revolution
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
The midwife nodded, smiling herself -- for she had always been fond of children, that was one thing that had never changed. "Aye, on numerous occasions," she answered readily, hesitating before admitting: "I vas a 'ealing slave once, in another land. I spent many years practicing my calling before I eventually von my freedom. I specialized in midwivery -- ze Master who freed me 'ad traded for me to 'elp 'is vife vith 'er pregnancy." The hart decides to refrain from bringing up what came after -- Daegmar's betrayal, being re-enslaved to Aliroth as his wife. "I stayed vith them after an' 'elped to raise their children." It was not something she had shared with many people, Kynareth being one of the few who knew anything at all about her past. But perhaps it was time to change that. These fierce people were to be her own and she had nothing to be ashamed of. The halfling was as strong as any Saint could claim to be, especially to endure what she had. 

The seelie was rewarded with a moment of Simmik's own intimacy, her features softening briefly as she spoke of her husband. Such was all the resolve that the Saluki needed, it was not so hard to deny her feelings upon seeing how happy her friend and his wife were. The healer's heart would mend itself in time; she had always said she would survive if they never amounted to anything more than good friends. Returning to the Saints made it harder to smother the poignant whisperings of the fickle organ but as much as her heart wanted to feel for them, Aerin forced herself to meter it -- allowing herself to be seen as no more than ally, friend, loyal pack mate. She didn't have it in her to utter such treacherous things into existence and ruin what Kynareth had found with Simmik in the time that she had been gone. She wasn't sure she could live with herself if she tainted such profound joy, or their budding family, by continuing to love Kyn -- by being attracted to his wife. The druids had been polygamous but something about her feelings...just seemed wrong to her. Maybe it was because of everything that had happened to Simmik thus far with the other women or maybe it was because of what happened the last time she fell in love with her married friends.

"I 'ope 'e 'as zat in zis pack. I vould like to think zat 'e does," the medic murmured -- somewhat fretfully. Her own attack and the news of Simmik's, so close together, and so unrelated made her wonder at times. "I know ye vere wary of me but 'e 'as such a follower in me -- he always vill." Aerin could never hurt him. And there was none left she might betray him to anyways -- naught but ghosts. Kynareth was all she had left -- him and the rest of the Saints. "An' ye can consider me an ally if not a friend just yet -- to ye and yer children," the sighthound promised with a solemn nod of her head. "I vould be 'appy to 'elp in any way I can if'n ye need anything." 

The fae grimaced slightly, restraining the urge to shift on her paws -- not wanting to get anyone in trouble but not wanting to lie to Simmik either. "I think so. I could nae see any reason vhy she attacked me. But I do nae think she vas in ze right state of mind either. She seemed...deranged. Unhinged. It vas like she vas not zere anymore.; she did nae respond an' snap out of it until I yelled at 'er." 

The thought of Simmik telling Kynareth about what happened made her a bit nervous, wondering what he might do. She knew it was likely pointless to argue with the pearlescent warrior, and on some level she understood that what Whrist had done was wrong and should be met with consequences, but that didn't mean she didn't feel guilty about getting Whrist in trouble. She just hoped that it didn't cause more issues between her and the troubled shadeling.
"You see, I got a bullet for a tooth and
I'm gonna use it to shoot you."
Messages In This Thread
you are, and always have been, a revolution - by Necahual - February 14, 2021, 08:41 AM
RE: you are, and always have been, a revolution - by Simmik - February 16, 2021, 12:46 AM
RE: you are, and always have been, a revolution - by Simmik - February 16, 2021, 06:33 PM
RE: you are, and always have been, a revolution - by Simmik - February 21, 2021, 01:01 AM
RE: you are, and always have been, a revolution - by Necahual - February 21, 2021, 05:30 PM
RE: you are, and always have been, a revolution - by Simmik - February 26, 2021, 02:06 AM