Hideaway Strath freshly disowned in some frozen devotion
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
"I 'ave been trained in basic medicine, yes. But my focus is on midwivery an' ze care of younger children -- usually parents are not comfortable allowing a sitter close until they count one moon of age. I usually 'elp care fer children that are between one moon an' four moons, vhen ze children are old enough to begin pursuing interests and 'ave become more independent." The explanation came readily, though it was not one anyone had ever asked of her before. She could heal, yes, but she was less of a doctor and more of a babysitter or caretaker. 

"Vell, I take it this is a good thing -- even if ye did nae originally plan to 'ave children this year, yes?" She asked, wanting to be sure. "I vould be 'appy to," she smiled kindly. She had no judgement, neither would she ask whether or not they had asked permission. Aerin's only concern was the wellbeing of her patients. 

"I told Simmik much ze same but there is not much change that vill need to be made just yet. Ze best thing ye can do is to keep a routine close to yer usual one. Ye may notice an increase in hunger or a lack thereof. Try to keep a 'ealthy diet but don't force yourself if ye are feeling sick. Rest as needed, fer ye may notice bouts of dizziness or fatigue," she instructed lightly. 

"Were there any unusual circumstances surrounding the end of yer pregnancy? These things can sometimes cause miscarriages or children being stillborn," she explained gently, treading with care so that she hopefully wouldn't upset the other healer. It would help though if she could pinpoint something that might have caused the death of Arlette's newborns, a trigger or stressor perhaps.
"You see, I got a bullet for a tooth and
I'm gonna use it to shoot you."
Messages In This Thread
freshly disowned in some frozen devotion - by Necahual - March 03, 2021, 01:04 PM
RE: freshly disowned in some frozen devotion - by Necahual - March 06, 2021, 06:13 PM