Neverwinter Forest Checking out the dance floor
and i'm wondering who could be writing this song?
209 Posts
Ooc — mercury
eating, sleeping. . .hell, breathing had been a challenge as of late. kyr's departure to help the wolves on the mountain, and then simmik's betrayal. it was too much, all too much, and the hopelessness that filled the forest suffused him as well, from nose to tail tip, from his spine to his toes.

the call was, really, inevitable, as was the message that went along with it. cam nodded along absently, keeping to the edge of the group (though close to mal, and within the alpha's eye line). for once, he had something to say—so after the man he thought was named tuathal spoke, cam piped up.

we should go to the island, he said hoarsely, having not really vocalized much in days. clearing his throat, he moved on. there's no reason why we should stay here and continue to suffer. and it hurt, it hurt to leave behind the forest he so loved. but it brought nothing but pain as of late, and mal's shoulders were clearly overburdened by the catastrophe of it all.

no. let him rest. let them all rest, and recover, on this island he had been so enchanted by in the young haoming's descriptions.

but before that: i'll stay behind for a little while and look for your children, cam told mal, meeting the bicolored gaze. one last try. if i can't find them within a half-moon or so, i'll head to the coast and rejoin you there.

a bold decision, but one not made with haste. he'd thought a while about this; it was only right.
Messages In This Thread
Checking out the dance floor - by Mal - March 06, 2021, 09:54 PM
RE: Checking out the dance floor - by Tuathal - March 07, 2021, 10:39 AM
RE: Checking out the dance floor - by Cam - March 08, 2021, 02:05 PM
RE: Checking out the dance floor - by Mal - March 12, 2021, 10:58 PM