Totoka River I'm tongue-tied and dizzy
208 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca

He spent two days in the village to rest and eat; when this became too difficult for him, Raimo departed. He told Adrastus where he was to go; that it was with Kukutux' blessing, but that was all. No question was put forth to the man. Only what needed to be said, and quickly. He had no patience for the ghost any longer.

To the quarry he went, to search the night for Jakoul's scent. From there it was easy enough to trace her back towards the coast. Trees well rooted to the dirt became dry stacks in the sand, and from there he went north, the mountains cutting a jagged silhouette in the distance on his right side.

There were no traces of any villages as Raimo travelled. He was sure he had found this place — Yuelong — as he came to the place where ocean became river; but there was no one, only an abandoned den at least a full year old and abandoned. Thinking he had been lied to by Kukutux of all people — tricked, essentially, to be rid of him with some finality — Raimo turned to the sea and swore openly at it.

He then cast back his head and called out in a song, 'I seek my shadow. The one I lost in the stones.' For he did not know the name of the quarry where they had met, or the woman's name, as she had been wordless when they'd met.
Messages In This Thread
I'm tongue-tied and dizzy - by Raimo - March 30, 2021, 01:09 AM
RE: I'm tongue-tied and dizzy - by Jakoul - March 30, 2021, 01:14 AM
RE: I'm tongue-tied and dizzy - by Raimo - March 30, 2021, 01:26 AM
RE: I'm tongue-tied and dizzy - by Jakoul - March 30, 2021, 01:35 AM
RE: I'm tongue-tied and dizzy - by Raimo - March 30, 2021, 10:12 PM
RE: I'm tongue-tied and dizzy - by Jakoul - March 30, 2021, 10:42 PM
RE: I'm tongue-tied and dizzy - by Raimo - March 31, 2021, 12:01 AM