Hideaway Strath i feel all shadows of the universe
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel

The healer tried to keep up, truly, but many of the things that  Vein spoke of were overwhelmingly unfamiliar to her. Like most wolves, the midwife lacked the access to such knowledge, the tactics that the shaman used seemingly otherwordly -- even magical to the acolyte he'd found in Aerin. The hart blinked owlishly wide eyes of moonlight, feeling as though she were lost in a sea of strange terms that flew over her head as her husband spoke of 'oxytocin' and 'vitamins' and 'coagulation'. Though she couldn't quite understand exactly what everything the pale brute said, she could understand enough to realize that she was right in assuming that whatever the stoppered twig held -- it was very important. 

The mother-to-be cast her seelie gaze about the Glen searchingly, as if the right herbs might jump out at her from amongst the crimson blossoms. "Hmmm.." she hummed softly beneath her breath, considering for a moment. "I alvays try to keep borage an' parsley at ze ready fer mothers. Fer ze milk," she explained. Though they weren't exactly used during pregnancy or delivery, the herbs came in handy for bringing up a she-wolf's milk supply or contradictorily, drying it up. 

"Peppermint might be good -- fer nausea -- or ginger root. An' I 'ave already begun trying a few mixtures of chamomile an' lavender tea fer my anxiety," the sighthound added. She knew @Patroclus (reference) had been worried about the drink that Vein had introduced to their pack but the sleeping teas were the only thing that had been effectively treating her insomnia -- though it also helped having her mate by her side every night, only a 'roll-over' away if she woke up with a night terror.
"You see, I got a bullet for a tooth and
I'm gonna use it to shoot you."
Messages In This Thread
i feel all shadows of the universe - by Necahual - April 12, 2021, 10:51 PM
RE: i feel all shadows of the universe - by Vein - April 23, 2021, 01:26 PM
RE: i feel all shadows of the universe - by Necahual - May 02, 2021, 04:06 PM
RE: i feel all shadows of the universe - by Vein - May 08, 2021, 01:42 PM
RE: i feel all shadows of the universe - by Necahual - May 15, 2021, 10:54 PM
RE: i feel all shadows of the universe - by Vein - June 05, 2021, 05:41 PM
RE: i feel all shadows of the universe - by Necahual - June 13, 2021, 05:45 PM
RE: i feel all shadows of the universe - by Vein - June 29, 2021, 08:53 PM
RE: i feel all shadows of the universe - by Necahual - July 04, 2021, 02:37 PM
RE: i feel all shadows of the universe - by Vein - July 10, 2021, 03:19 PM
RE: i feel all shadows of the universe - by Necahual - July 25, 2021, 12:13 PM
RE: i feel all shadows of the universe - by Vein - July 27, 2021, 07:30 PM
RE: i feel all shadows of the universe - by Necahual - August 09, 2021, 12:48 PM