Hideaway Strath We could've been doing this all along
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
summarizing the birth and all, let me know if I need to edit anything @Nyra

Kynareth was the next to arrive, bringing a smile to Aerin's face as she readjusted to make room for The Grandmaster -- the curve of her lips taking on an impish smile as Nyra confirmed she was in active labor and Kynareth urged her to push, entirely too soon. 'Men', she thought with an internal chuckle -- wondering silently for a moment how Vein might react when their own pups were being brought into the world. Would he be cool and collected or would all his medical training fly out the window once it was his own wife grieving through arduous labor to birth his own children? 

When Vein arrived, Aerin turned towards him -- her eyes warm -- but glanced back at Nyra as if to silently ask whether the Phoenix was comfortable with the Bonesplinter entering the somewhat crowded den. Unaware of the others outside, beyond a vague inkling based on the scents and low murmurs drifting towards the Nightwish's whelping den, she focused entirely upon The Overseer's approaching delivery. Gesturing Vein closer with a small jerk of her head, she shifted positions so that Kynareth could continue to soothe their friend while the midwife sat in front of the woman. 

"Some of ze birthing tincture might be good," she suggested softly to her husband, thinking that it might be a good time to offer any medicines before Nyra's labor progressed into transition and she was distracted by the pushing. "Maybe some raspberry leaves too," she tacked on for good measure. Once whatever herbs had been offered, and taken by the pale shieldmaiden given that she was willing to accept the proffered medicines, Aerin settled back down since there wasn't much to do now but wait. Occasionally she offered murmurs of comfort and encouragement, or suggestions of breathing practices as she did her best to keep Nyra calm.

And all at once there seemed to be a frenzy of activity. The milkmother barely had time to register the fact that the Nightwish was no longer suffering from just any old contraction, she was actually crowning! Aerin rose to her feet, just in case her assistance was needed, but in no time the pup had slid from her mother's body and was being tugged to The Overseer's snow-blanketed underbelly -- where Nyra promptly removed her from the birthing sac and began rasping her clean with fervent licks that soon inspired the pale newborn to greet them all with her first howling breaths of dismay.

The Priestess couldn't help the beaming smile nor the exuberant wag of her bottlebrush tail where it swept the dirt floor, eyes smarting with happy tears as she glanced at Vein for a moment. I can't wait for us to have that moment. 

Once Ky had gone, the midwife composed herself a little better before drifting closer, offering Nyra another small pile of herbs if she should so desire them -- some comfrey and chamomile, now that she was no longer inhibited by her pregnancy the bone-mending herb would prove helpful for healing any damages the birth had caused, and some motherwort for the pain -- along with some congratulations and a whispered welcome to their newest little packmate.

"Vould ye like company or vould ye prefer some time alone vith Lotus?" she asked quietly, not wanting to disturb the new mother and her pup but not wanting to leave Nyra alone yet if she wanted her pack close by for support. 

"You see, I got a bullet for a tooth and
I'm gonna use it to shoot you."
Messages In This Thread
We could've been doing this all along - by RIP Fury - May 06, 2021, 03:42 PM
RE: We could've been doing this all along - by Vein - May 08, 2021, 12:32 PM
RE: We could've been doing this all along - by Necahual - May 15, 2021, 11:53 PM
RE: We could've been doing this all along - by Vein - May 30, 2021, 11:25 AM