Duskfire Glacier they're all liars here
190 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Veteran's tail fluttered its own dance in response to the young Qeya-Black's assent. Apart from his low-swinging tail, he stood still as the other sniffed his face. His stance was a bit stiff, but only out of frustration with how the scars had been obtained. "Makatza," he explained the scars in one word, spitting out his half-sister's name as if it were poison. Siku would understand. He had also fallen victim to the viscous girl.  

It wasn't really the scars that bothered Veteran; he thought they looked kind of cool. All the best warriors had scars-- Wintersbane and Tzila to name a few. What bothered him most was that Makatza had beaten him, and she hadn't appeared to have learned any kind of lesson at all. It was maddening, knowing he was right but still emerging on the wrong side of justice. 

"I'm fine," Veteran reassured Siku, flopping onto the ground decidedly. Should Siku join him, Veteran would curl protectively around the slightly smaller boy. This was how Imaq or Rye would likely find them when one of them came to usher Sikuliak to bed. Perhaps Siku's parent would send Veteran on his way, or perhaps they would curl their own body around both children, joining them in their discussion of the stars and constellations, and assisting them make up names and stories to pair with the night sky's twinkling tapestry.

I wrote a fade since Siku is currently inactive, but I'll leave the thread open for a little while in case you bring him back and want to pick the thread back up.
Messages In This Thread
they're all liars here - by Sikuliak - September 29, 2021, 03:26 PM
RE: they're all liars here - by Veteran - October 01, 2021, 09:54 AM
RE: they're all liars here - by Sikuliak - October 12, 2021, 03:00 PM
RE: they're all liars here - by Veteran - October 31, 2021, 11:13 AM