Firefly Glen Knowledge is power
57 Posts
Ooc — Eoran
"I fled because it was a lost battle...there were many of them, and only three of us. It felt smarter to scatter to the wind, in the hopes Xynos, you, and I would see another day."

War blinked, perplexed by this information. War had never seen it as an option she might die on the battlefield, but of course that was part of war. Others had died, others who had felt immortal out there, and maybe Nyra was more of a realist than War was. She had never before considered the option to flee, to live another die. It was her faith to die on the battlefield, her destiny to meet her demise in battle.

There was still so much left unsaid, War was of so few words, so few emotions, and all of these emotions she felt today were brand new. Love, betrayal, concern. All of it was something she couldn't hold within. She slowly began to cross the stream, walked into it and came to her, to this person who had caused a storm within her.

"I didn't intend to betray you, War...and I am sorry, deeply, for not telling you both of my impromptu plan. I felt that there wasn't enough time to do something more, and our downfall happened so fast..."

She didn't stop until she was nothing but an inch away from Nyra. She saw the tears in her eyes and suddenly there was nothing War could do. She leaned in and put her head on Nyra's shoulder if she would allow it. She nuzzled her nose into her white fur and soon she felt tears streaming down her face as well. This was new as well. The swelled feeling within her chest, the way it felt like it was about to burst if she didn't say something, all of it was so new.

"Don't ever leave me again."

War would follow Nyra to the beyond and onward, but her trust had been burst. It would take some time for it to be regained, but it didn't change her feelings for Nyra. She kept her head hidden in Nyra's neck as she cried, almost unaware she did so. She didn't know how to express herself, nor did Nyra. Did was as far as they could go. Unless?

"I cannot. I don't want to. Without you." She tried to utter the words, she tried so hard to say it out loud. Yet it failed her. As it words often did.

War lifted her head and took a step back, she locked eyes with Nyra and then leaned forward to let her nose touch Nyra's. This was perhaps the best love declaration she could ever give. The first and only she might ever give to anyone. She had never loved before, it was not in her nature to do so, but now she stood there, shaking with emotion, crying, so out of character for her. Nyra did this to her and she hated, while loving it.

What would ever become of them?
Messages In This Thread
Knowledge is power - by RIP Fury - November 07, 2021, 04:55 AM
RE: Knowledge is power - by War - November 07, 2021, 05:59 AM
RE: Knowledge is power - by RIP Fury - November 07, 2021, 06:46 AM
RE: Knowledge is power - by War - November 07, 2021, 07:55 AM
RE: Knowledge is power - by RIP Fury - November 07, 2021, 08:14 AM