Lion Head Mesa the only thing that haunts this house is me
109 Posts
Ooc — Kintsugi

the short voyage mutes their conversation.  she finds this to be a relief.  she was painfully aware that she was inexperienced in many ways when compared to the worldly king, and though the mask of ambassador prevented her from showing it so outwardly, the conversation held much tension for her.

a flame lights in her chest as he smiles upon her, weaving her a tale of her own success.  not only was there potential interest in an alliance, he already had someone to provide for them.  it is not ambition that springs forth but relief, for in securing this she might save her sister's life.

her gaze refused to settle as she listened, bashfully, to his talk of marriage.

these were things that required heavy consideration.  doubt of her abilities swirled through her until it settled in her gut, where it gurgled anxiously, tangled with her hunger.   

thank you for your offer, she begins, looking at him once more.  he was attentive in a way that made her feel naked.  it frightened her, but she did not turn away.  we would gladly accept belen's company.  to teach and to learn from.

she did not know the wolves of blackwater well, but she remembered seeing many men at their communal gathering.  we have bachelors on our islands, she says.  all of them skilled. 

our listener would have the final decision, she elaborates, but we could wait until she has settled with us, and with them, before we decide.

...could this happen to her, too?  she was not sure what to make of a life that had been determined.  but isn't that how it already was?  predetermined?  everything now was up to the listener, which meant it was up to the unnamed god.  to chaos.

too much was at stake for these thoughts to consider, but one day they might weigh upon her heavily.
Messages In This Thread
the only thing that haunts this house is me - by Cerulean - February 06, 2022, 07:29 PM
RE: the only thing that haunts this house is me - by Sayf - February 06, 2022, 07:44 PM
RE: the only thing that haunts this house is me - by Sayf - February 06, 2022, 08:34 PM
RE: the only thing that haunts this house is me - by Sayf - February 06, 2022, 09:23 PM
RE: the only thing that haunts this house is me - by Sayf - February 06, 2022, 11:33 PM
RE: the only thing that haunts this house is me - by Cerulean - March 09, 2022, 09:58 PM