Arrow Lake i hit a wall, i never felt so low, so low
Loner
i burn down my house and build it up again
i burn it down twice just for the fun of it
97 Posts
Ooc — Van
As soon as the words left her mouth, she instantly felt exposed and idiotic. 

In the uncomfortable silence that followed, she recognized regret forming like a stone in her gut, sickening her. A part of River tried to rein in the rest of her, but all semblance of prior self-control had gone out the window since the day she had fled Thistlewood; a storm brewed inside her, and the seas of her unchecked temper started to slosh mightily -- threatening to spill over.

They can haunt you or live on in your heart. You get to choose.

She winced at the she-wolf's words, and all the hateful wind behind her began to pour through a yawning hole in her sail. She wished she were a dumber wolf in that moment. Someone incapable of introspection. She thought she might have preferred to fight unjustly and have remorse over it later -- or none at all -- rather than to already know wholeheartedly that she was in the wrong.

It was painfully humiliating to understand that her anger was misdirected, even as she directed it towards this complete stranger. Her embarrassment seemed to go on infinitely, and she agonized in that eternal moment over all the things she should have done differently up to this point.

As the waters of River Sandraudiga began to calm, she choked back her misery and tucked away her whipped expression. She could no longer meet the other wolf's eye. I don't see the difference, she said with a soft shake of her head, before turning northbound in a hasty trot to avoid further mortification.
Messages In This Thread
i hit a wall, i never felt so low, so low - by River - March 09, 2022, 06:38 PM
RE: i hit a wall, i never felt so low, so low - by River - April 20, 2022, 07:55 PM