Nimbus Summit Without guidance, I fear I shall perish
187 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

Hearing the words of Lane, Inutsuk felt many things. Guilt, shame, disappointment; but to no one other than himself. She had been right: he should have never left. But it had already been done. He could not take back his actions, only make up for them.

The woman, who cleared held distaste in her mouth for his name, departed quickly, leaving him with Calida. They weren't alone for long. The man, Issorartuyok, joined, and then Calida left as well. 

Issorartuyok, He greeted calmly, politely.

I am Inutsuk, guardian of Moonglow and husband to the sivullik of our village. It is off odd reasoning, me coming here... but I feel there is reason enough to justify. I seek advice from a father away from our village's reach. There are many I hear from, but many that are too close to my heart. I do not wish to make my burden theirs. What is it like for you, to be a father? How do you know how to speak to them, to explain things they cannot yet understand? Paying little mind to his own voice, he hadn't realized his rambling. There were so many questions he had, and they all came at once. How do you comfort them when they are upset...?

For much of my life, I have been a man of a stoned, bitter heart. Kukutux gave me further purpose... but now, there is much to consider... I do not regret the choice I made with Shikoba; however, I do fear that I will not know the right things to say or do when it is time to do so. 

Finally, a break of silence. Inutsuk looked to the man he shared his many thoughts with, trying his best to gauge a reaction or possibilities of what he may say in return.
Messages In This Thread
Without guidance, I fear I shall perish - by Inutsuk - May 30, 2022, 11:23 AM
RE: Without guidance, I fear I shall perish - by Lane - June 15, 2022, 10:50 AM
RE: Without guidance, I fear I shall perish - by Lane - June 25, 2022, 10:34 AM
RE: Without guidance, I fear I shall perish - by Inutsuk - July 06, 2022, 11:56 PM