Stone Circle I used to think that silence was golden.
199 Posts
Ooc —
Pack Formation 

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Premature birth, graphic descriptions ahead! TLDR: Her puppies are here early, she's passed out by one of the stones now but has called for help. Tagging a few of you mentioned, but you're all welcome to reply! we're formed yay!

there were rumblings deep beneath her surface. sanja, planet-sized, orbiting one of the standing stones; the sun having risen hours ago, and she has not yet slept. she cannot stop moving.

distressed! her tail whips at her hocks or curls to her belly, as undecided as the rest of her. she had woken before the dawn to a slick feeling between her legs, and urgently tried to clean herself. the last thing she wanted was to be found by @Inkeri, or seen by @Bjarna -- there was no need to worry, she preached to herself.

a groan erupts from her. there is pain in her belly and she does not immediately think of the lives she harbors; only that she hurts! it hurts! it won't stop! and she's crying, in that wolfish way; huffing breaths and grimacing as she leans precariously against the nearest stone - mother stone, as @Taktuq might call it.

in the grass lay two bundles, one with caul and both garishly anointed with red. this last one won't move; it knows it is too soon somehow, it isn't ready, but there is ample room now that sanja's other children have been born - nothing to blockade the passage through to life.

the last child arrives and sanja isn't aware of what has happened. only that she's light-headed, and that it feels like something's been ripped out of her; her pieces scattering behind like the diamond dust of a comet.

she falls to the dirt, gasping, weeping, and finally manages to call out with a pitiful sound -- help!
Messages In This Thread
I used to think that silence was golden. - by Sanja - August 15, 2022, 01:39 PM
RE: I used to think that silence was golden. - by Inkeri - August 15, 2022, 01:48 PM
RE: I used to think that silence was golden. - by Mahler - August 15, 2022, 01:59 PM
RE: I used to think that silence was golden. - by Taktuq - August 16, 2022, 01:17 AM
RE: I used to think that silence was golden. - by Dagur - August 16, 2022, 11:41 AM
RE: I used to think that silence was golden. - by Skáld - August 17, 2022, 11:51 AM
RE: I used to think that silence was golden. - by Sanja - August 17, 2022, 06:06 PM
RE: I used to think that silence was golden. - by Inkeri - August 17, 2022, 06:28 PM
RE: I used to think that silence was golden. - by Gunnar - August 17, 2022, 06:29 PM
RE: I used to think that silence was golden. - by Mahler - August 17, 2022, 06:50 PM
RE: I used to think that silence was golden. - by Lucius - August 18, 2022, 08:08 AM
RE: I used to think that silence was golden. - by Taktuq - August 19, 2022, 07:04 AM
RE: I used to think that silence was golden. - by Mahler - August 27, 2022, 06:10 PM
RE: I used to think that silence was golden. - by Inkeri - August 27, 2022, 06:15 PM
RE: I used to think that silence was golden. - by Sanja - August 31, 2022, 10:31 AM