Swiftcurrent Creek [m] I can feel the city crumbling around me
177 Posts
Ooc —
While she did not show it, the advent of Spring put Moss on edge. She increased her border patrols, so she might ensure that she caught whatever first whiffs of awakening predators might waft their way. 

She scented nothing- but perhaps she was early. 

Shardik had been attacked by a bear in mid-winter, so he might be wary of them in the future. This would be her excuse, she decided, for her additional wariness, though she hoped it was not mistaken with motherly instinct. 

She felt a pant of guilt when she caught Reverie’s scent. She’d not been terribly attentive to her friend, due to this seasonal anxiety. She left her patrol to  seek her out, but when she caught sight of Reverie, she balked.

It was not common for her to be startled, much less to show it. And she immediately felt bad, and smoothed her expression. It would be rude to show that she’d noticed how much weight Reverie had put on- and she continued to approach, ears flicked forward and demeanour gentle though dread began to seep through her at the same time.
Messages In This Thread
RE: [m] I can feel the city crumbling around me - by RIP Moss - March 21, 2023, 05:39 PM