Lost Creek Hollow Call her Miss Mirage
141 Posts
Ooc — xynien
From anyone else, hearing his full name was an unwelcome experience; one he ignored when he could, and corrected when he could not. But Faun said it and hugged him, and he thought all over again that he felt very much at home with her. It soothed him to know that he had a true friend here, even with Crowfeather busy and withdrawn. Kel had never been able to cope without friends at his side.
He found it funny that they'd landed themselves in similar spots, but the humor of it was tempered by his own failure. Kel was solemn when he spoke. Found an injured man from Swiftcurrent Creek. Saved his life with what you taught me, He managed a quick smile at that, to show his gratitude. Went downhill from there, though. He was unwell after his fever passed. Talking about gods, golden deer, blood, all sorts. And it was kind of my job in Willowspire, see; to help people like that.
Got him home and found out his partner is as unwell as he is, and they have a kid, so I offered to stay and help. Think I forgot I wasn't at Willowspire though, He shifted anxiously on his paws, hating this recounting but wanting to be honest with Faun. It was worse than I thought. I should have backed off; I'm not qualified for what they need. Tried to get the partner started on medication, but the man I found, Lestan, sent me away.
He and the leader there seemed to think it was forced, Kel was frowning now. But she agreed. Said she's been hearing voices, wanted it to stop. Wouldn't be surprised if she was holding something back, though. Got more out of Lestan about her feelings than I got from her.
Even aside from that, it's tense at Swiftcurrent Creek. Some kind of conflict, I guess. Tried not to get too involved, Ironic, in a way, given how he'd overstepped. Kel took in a breath to steady himself. What happened with Kvarsheim?
Messages In This Thread
Call her Miss Mirage - by Kestrelcloud - April 24, 2023, 10:14 PM
RE: Call her Miss Mirage - by Doedapple - April 24, 2023, 10:26 PM
RE: Call her Miss Mirage - by Kestrelcloud - April 24, 2023, 10:42 PM
RE: Call her Miss Mirage - by Doedapple - April 24, 2023, 11:00 PM
RE: Call her Miss Mirage - by Kestrelcloud - April 30, 2023, 12:00 PM