Hoshor Plains We picked up the shards and formed them into shapes of stars
But inside me, there is a light…
118 Posts
Ooc — Rainchaser
"You're important to me, too, Easy," 'Mac replied with a soft smile, "I've learned so much from you in such a short time, and I'd never have gotten this far without you."

If he could have blushed, he would. He certainly felt the warmth of her love wash over him, filling him with a comfort and ease that he wasn't sure what good deed he'd done to deserve. Sumac found he only wished he could adequately convey his affection to Easy, about how she'd become a such an anchoring rock for this unmoored soul. But he wasn't the best with words.

"You'll always have a spot in my heart, Easy, even when..." ...You're gone. He trailed off, clipping his thought short and trying not to choke on the sudden lump that formed in his throat. No, he wouldn't ruin this precious moment with thoughts such as that. Thankfully, the black bear's next statement provided enough of a lure to pull his mind from such dismal territory.

He had to admit that the part of him that found the thought of siring his own family appealing was growing stronger. In fact, as the season aged, he found the desire to wander getting more persistent until it seemed an almost unbearable pull. This was new to him. What was he searching for? Was it this? 'Mac was not one of those males to wantonly spread himself around, motivated solely by the desire to satisfy his biological imperatives. His heart was more interested in commitment, in nurturing and growing an acorn into a strong, towering oak. Was this what he ultimately wanted in life?

"I'll trust you on that one, Easy. But I'm afraid. I feel like I'd need more... worldly experience. I'm just... me," he said a little lamely, his ears drooping.
…Even in the darkest night
Messages In This Thread
RE: We picked up the shards and formed them into shapes of stars - by Sumac - January 29, 2024, 09:49 AM