Redhawk Caldera love never wanted me.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Backdating this to a few days ago :D I'd prefer someone who knows her.. @Peregrine @Fox @Elwood winkies winkies

Well, that had gone marvelously.

Fin trudged slowly back towards the Caldera, dreading every step. In truth, she had no desire to be around anyone at that moment as they surely would ask her what was wrong and then she'd tell them and they'd let her know just how much of a fucking douchebag she was to have done to Finn what she had. Finley already knew; she didn't need anyone reiterating it for her. And she felt plenty terrible for it.

The silver mockingbird paused just a few yards within the invisible boundaries that closed off the Caldera from outsiders and stared out into the snow-covered landscape, suddenly so terrified of moving forward that she could scarcely breathe. It had been over a month since her foray with the bear and her wound had healed up nicely. It barely ached anymore except for when she pushed herself too far, and even then it was a twinge here and there, nothing too hindering... Her mind reeled, but only for a moment before her it was made up. She tossed her back head and called out to the pack, letting them know of her intentions to track game beyond the borders for a few days. Then, without awaiting a response, Finley turned and ran for it.

Time seemed to stand still as the beta ran, although once she finally stopped and fell weakly upon the ground with trembling limbs and heaving chest, she found herself far, far away from where she'd started. It was there that she dozed, only to wake up in the morning and sprint off again in some unplotted destination. She found release in running, as though the wind that whipped past her stripped away the guilt and grief that plagued her. It caught up to her again whenever she stopped, and thus she rested only briefly and slept fitfully.

The days passed in a blur. On the second day, Finley scared off a couple of young coyotes from the carcass of a roe deer, half eaten and thawing in the afternoon sun. On the third, she'd awoken to find herself surrounded by vultures, one of which had just begun to peck at the scar upon her back. She proved to the feathered bastard quickly that she wasn't dead yet by showing him what dead really was. Fin hadn't had any need for its meat at the time, and thus she'd stashed it away in a quickly dug cache for the journey home.

It was on the fourth day of her journey that the Blackthorn began to feel better. The ache at what she'd done was still present in her mind and in her heart, but she didn't necessarily feel as though she needed to run from it any longer. She could go home now, face her packmates and explain what had happened without falling apart and breaking under their criticism.

So, Fin turned and headed back. She didn't even bother attempting to sleep as she ran and ran and ran until a couple of days later, she was shooting past her own borders and through the uneven slopes until she was home again and throwing herself into her den to hide in the far, far back corner. Even though her remaining time away had been spent healing further, being back at the Caldera gave her a sudden case of stage fright, and she decided that maybe just a couple more days in seclusion would be alright... It's not like Peregrine and Fox had hired her because they actually needed a beta... right?

Fin turned and stared out at the tiny shards of light that peeked in at her through the mouth of her den, her mind wandering again to the same dark places it always went when she stopped running.

Messages In This Thread
love never wanted me. - by Finley - December 15, 2014, 12:54 PM
RE: love never wanted me. - by Elwood - December 15, 2014, 01:32 PM
RE: love never wanted me. - by Finley - December 16, 2014, 07:04 PM
RE: love never wanted me. - by Elwood - December 16, 2014, 09:36 PM
RE: love never wanted me. - by Finley - December 17, 2014, 01:13 PM
RE: love never wanted me. - by Elwood - December 17, 2014, 01:42 PM
RE: love never wanted me. - by Finley - December 17, 2014, 04:52 PM
RE: love never wanted me. - by Elwood - December 17, 2014, 08:10 PM
RE: love never wanted me. - by Finley - December 17, 2014, 08:58 PM
RE: love never wanted me. - by Elwood - December 17, 2014, 09:11 PM
RE: love never wanted me. - by Finley - December 18, 2014, 10:05 AM