Rising Sun Valley A new home
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
As they moved forward, he couldn't help but try to look at everything. It was a new place, and he wanted to learn every inch of it. It would be beneficial for a number of reasons to know every square inch of the land they would most likely be settling in. His head bobbed in a nod in response to what the woman said. “Alright,” he said, tail swaying back and forth a bit quickly when she complimented him. Her opinion on everything mattered greatly, especially when it came to her opinion on him. “Then I will continue to protect you as I do, but I will also take lengths to keep our pack safe. I'll try to make sure no one gets harmed under my watch.” Kove wanted to promise her that, tell her that he would keep the land safe entirely, but he couldn't. There was no way accurately tell the future, leaving him unable to know if anything dangerous would come about. If it did, he would continue to act as a protector for as long as he could, but there was no telling what would be thrown at them when they were all good and settled in.

He couldn't help but watch her in amazement as she spoke. She seemed to know quite a lot, and he was glad of that. “Perhaps you could assist Outcry in finding these herbs when the time comes? Combine her knowledge of uses with your knowledge of where they're most likely to grow, and we have the perfect team.” Kove grinned a bit at that, though he really did think it would be a good idea. Working together with their pack members could tell them all sorts of things, and form bonds of loyalty with them that could very well last a lifetime. That was what he wanted. “I will be sure to catch you some beavers and otters, then,” the man told her, moving up to walk at her side. When the question of him swimming came around, he let out a chuckle. “My pack held a lake in it's territory that we referred to as Ursine Lake due to how often you could find bears there. When grizzlies weren't around, many of us younger ones at the time would head out and play in the water, and whatever adult that came along work take take turns teaching each of us to swim. We always have thick coats, even in the warmer months, so the water was never too much of a bother.” The man was tossed in an old memory, one that held all of his siblings. Their coats had still been a bit thinner at that time due to their age, but that hadn't stopped Kove or the others from jumping right into the water. “I'm sure it isn't as graceful looking as most's way of swimming since the second any of the parents saw they would usher us out, but it's enough for me to move and stay afloat.”

Kove missed his old home, probably more than he'd admit to, but he was happy where he currently was with Scarlett. He wold gladly stay anywhere with her, even if it was so far from the North that the snow didn't even reach them. He came to a stop when he heard his name, copper eyes following her crimson ones to see what she was looking at. He inspected the print for a second, before looking at her with a small smile, not a trace of worry showing. “Don't worry about it,” the ghost said, sniffing at the print for a second for further confirmation. “You see how the toes go around with the pad? That means a black bear made this, and they aren't too bad.” Kove looked up the trees, trying to find any other sight of the bear, but didn't see any. “They're solitary creatures, so I doubt there's more than one in the area, but I could be wrong. They're shy, and usually just go up into the trees if we wolves go after them—unless they have cubs. We should be fine, but if we come across it, just don't freak out.” He only knew what he had witnessed so many years ago, as it was mainly black bears that came around the lake. Grizzlies could be found passing through, but he'd never gotten as close to them as he had black bears, as they are much more aggressive. Black bears, however, are usually more lazy than anything, or so it usually seems.
Messages In This Thread
A new home - by Scarlett - February 24, 2015, 03:30 PM
RE: A new home - by Kove - February 24, 2015, 04:51 PM
RE: A new home - by Scarlett - February 24, 2015, 06:01 PM
RE: A new home - by Kove - February 24, 2015, 06:52 PM
RE: A new home - by Scarlett - February 25, 2015, 05:51 AM
RE: A new home - by Kove - February 25, 2015, 09:29 AM
RE: A new home - by Scarlett - February 25, 2015, 10:21 AM
RE: A new home - by Kove - March 01, 2015, 04:43 PM
RE: A new home - by Scarlett - March 01, 2015, 05:43 PM
RE: A new home - by Kove - March 03, 2015, 11:03 AM