send my name to the owls, will i see you far below?
105 Posts
Ooc —
I'm going to super awkwardly fit this in here... Hope you guys don't mind the powerplay here.

The sirens and the new consort left to assault Duskfire Glacier, leaving Kevlyn, Minthe, and Spyridon to guard the Sound. For a short while, that was enough for Kevlyn; he was happy to serve his queen. But not more than thirty minutes later, the boy was casting a last fleeting glance at the pack's borders before taking off after the scents of his pack mates, determined to do his duty and protect them as he was meant to. He wasn't a guard dog, not for land, anyway.

He came upon them as the battle was beginning, and for a moment hung back, enraptured. As soon as he caught sight of Caiaphas fighting a larger, fiercer fire-kissed woman, Kevlyn spurred himself into action, intent on protecting his siren queen.

Tuwawi's legs were bunched to lunge, and the Ostrega knew Caiaphas would take that hit heavily if it made contact. Any wolf worth their merit could see a slip-up. Kevlyn, however, didn't see his own as he placed himself squarely between Tuwawi and his leader; he didn't notice just how exposed his own jugular was. He meant to take the hit and redirect Tuwawi's rage, but he was barely a distraction. The fire-branded Alpha of the Glacier cut through his life vein like his throat was paper and within seconds he crumpled. His last breath whooshed out before his head even hit the ground.

Ankyra Sound retreated, leaving behind the body of their youngest consort; and in their haste, it was likely they wouldn't even realize he had been there and was gone until they got back to the shore.
Messages In This Thread
RE: send my name to the owls, will i see you far below? - by Kevlyn - March 15, 2015, 05:16 PM