Redtail Rise Dramamine
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Totally need a new @Wynter thread! Crap into is crap, but I'm tired and I wanted to get this out there!

An empty den. He was used to it by now. The cold clay floor and the pile of plants had become his company instead of the woman he used to share his space with.  Wynter was back, but emotionally distant. Although her presence in the territory was obvious; her smell was there and the cache was stocked, it was as if she had never came back.  The relationship was in shambles and it seemed neither wolf was willing to pick up the pieces.  

Reek was too prideful.  He had done nothing wrong.  The burden became her's alone when she decided to leave. How she could just walk away was confounding to the bedraggled beta, they had everything... and she threw it all away on a whim. Her fault.  But, this is what she wanted wasn't it?  She left out of fear over pups, but pups had become the furthest thing on Reek's list of priorities; and it wasn't like Saena would give her permission again after being so flighty.  One step forward, twenty steps back.  

Reek rolled over to his side to watch the sky out of the entrance hole to watch the redtail hawks dive, squak, and do hawk things.  It would be so easy to fly away.
I can be your best friend, or your worst enemy.
154 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Wynter padded quietly through the forest. She was taking a break from her hunting and was thinking very hard about one thing. Reek. Wynter had been working so hard to try and push the feelings of guilt and hurt from her mind. Now that she had stopped however, they were creeping slowly back. It was frustrating because she felt helpless. Like there was nothing she could do to fix this. Things with Saena hadn't gone all that well either. 

Wynter looked up at the sky and let out a sorrowful howl. It wasn't directed at anyone but she had to let something out. The sky was dull and full of clouds that looked like they would rain on her at any moment. Maybe if it did they would hide her tears. Tears that were slowly rolling down her cheeks. 

Wynter let her paws lead her wherever they wanted to go without much care on where she ended up as long as it was within the pack boundries. She took a deep breath as she approached the ridge that held her old den on its peak.

She had spent most nights in the forest since she felt no need to dig another den. It had been a wet few days but at this point nothing really mattered to Wynter. She had become a virtually emotionless void unless she let herself get distracted by mindless thoughts and memories. 

Wynter picked up Reek's scent. He was up there. By now, he probably knew she was down here as well. She clambered up the side of the rock and saw Reek laying with his head in the den entrance. She padded closer with her head hung low, knowing that he was far higher ranked than her now. She paused a few feet away and looked at him. 

"Mind if I join you for a little?" she asked hoping that her tears had dried or fell from her face before she had reached the top. She would rather him not know she had been crying, as much she would like some sort of comforting from him. 
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
After his Rendezvous with Saena in The Emberwood, she was all he was able to think about.  Every time there was stillness, his mind drifted back to their tryst in the wood, replaying the nights events over and over again.  But, a sound from outside the den tore him away from his sappy daydreaming.  It was Wyn.  He knew what was coming next was completely necessary, and while he was still bitter about her actions, he was still sad about what he had to do.

It was time to break things off.

"Yeah... sure. Come in,"  he said while scooting over to give her enough room in the tiny hole they used to share.  "There's something we need to talk about."  He took a deep breath and tried to think of how to handle this delicately, but soon decided that a swift clean break would probably be easiest... like ripping off a bandaid.  "This relationship— I think it's run it's course"
154 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Wynter wasn't sure what to feel right now. She felt many emotions coarsing through her body. Sadness, disbelief, pain. She had seen this coming but she was in no way prepared for what Reek had just said. She probably never would have been. She wasn't angry though. She had no good reason to be. She had deserved this after what she had done. She had chosen to leave, she had chosen at that moment not to have pups with him, she had chosen to come back, and worst of all she had chosen not to fix what was already broken beyond repair. All of this was her fault. 

All the ginger fae could manage was a feeble nod. She had no words to say to him because nothing could describe how she felt. She couldn't say okay because really this wasn't. However, he felt it must be done so there wasn't much else she could say. There was no point in arguing because she would never win. 

She hadn't imagined having to live without Reek once again. She thought that they would be together until the end. That one not so small stupid choice had changed everything. Why did I have to leave. If I had stayed. This wouldn't be happening to me right now. Her thoughts trailed off into a void of emptiness. 
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
She nodded, signaling that she understood, but ultimately remained silent.  His decision to dissolve the mateship was obviously final, however Reek thought she would at least say something to try and hold on to the past. But, maybe the break would be easier this way if she didn't speak. She had already shown her apathetic side in their relationship by leaving without warning.  The lack of effort put forth by Wynter came as no surprise.

It certainly made it easier to cope.  Especially with his budding romance with Saena lingering in the back of his mind.  Wynter dun goofed and Saena was there to pick up the pieces.  She had taken the place in his heart that Wynter had once occupied.  Too bad, so sad.

"You can keep the den," said Reek flatly. "Take everything you want... it's yours— but I'm moving out."
154 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Wynter blinked hiding the tears. Finally some words formed in her mind that was still overflowing with emotions. "I-I'm sorry," she said. "I'm sorry I screwed this up," she was pretty much speechless. She was clearly done trying to fix what's clearly already over.

"I don't want anything from you, I don't deserve anything. I can manage on my own this time," she stated in response to him saying she could take whatever she wanted. 

"Wait, why am I keeping this den. You dug it, and you have spent the most time here," she was curious to his reasoning but perhaps it was just because of the memories. She herself might not even stay here, she would probably just spend the nights in the forest or find somewhere else to dig a new home.

Something had changed with Reek but Wynter decided she wasn't going to ask questions. If anything else was to be said. It would have been said already. At this point in time all she wanted to do was run away. She couldn't do that though, for so many reasons. Not this time.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
She finally broke her silent spell and found her voice with a feeble apology.  If she thought a simple sorry would cover the worry, the heartache, and the pain she caused— she was delusional.  Reek's soft gaze went cold and he snapped, "You got what you wanted," with biting intonation. Again, Reek reminded himself that she threw away their future without a second thought. "You made your choice as soon as you left.  I can't let that go... I won't let that go." Forgiveness did not come easy to the ragged wolf; differing blame was more his style.

"You know why I can't stay here Wyn," he snapped while suppressing a low growl.  There where too many memories clinging to the crude dirt walls. Continuing on atop the ridge would only prove to be a painful existence, and definitely a hinderance to starting over and moving on.
154 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Wynter managed a small nod. Reeks words were heart wrenching but it was a feeling she had become accustomed to since her return to the rise. She felt the stab as Reek attempted to surpress a low growl as he said she should know why he can't stay here. 

She felt anger slowly bubbling in her chest but she managed to keep herself reasonably calm as she said "Then you can understand why I don't wish to stay here either." She stated with a firm gaze set on his eyes.

Maybe it would be better for everyone if I just left the rise entirely. Find a new home? New pack? Start my own? Thoughts began to swirl through Wynters mind. However at least this time they weren't bad ideas. They were actually pretty good ones. "If it pleases you to know, I might not stick around the Rise much longer," she stated. 

Eh sorry its been a while.