I remember the old times
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Three words. Such a small number, so little to say, and yet the sentence alone managed to voice enough to fill a novel. He had failed. He'd known that already, he learned of his own failure almost directly after his return to the valley, but hearing the words leave the dark queen's mouth seemed to make them all the more real. Her voice solidified his mistakes, and caused his ears to flatten against his skull in shame. Not a trace of the pride his people carried with them from birth could be found, those three words alone having stripped him of such a thing. He would, no doubt, regain his composure before arriving back at the valley, but as he stood in the presence of the priestess, the energy necessary to do so simply did not exist. He could not muster it up from any part of him, nor did he believe he was entitled to do so. The words were the truth, and that was something unable to be covered and hidden away by him when speaking to the lady of the shadows. If anything, the most he could do was allow for his head to lower further, and let the words sink into him and do as they were intended.

"I know I've failed," he said, the words leaving his own mouth being the final kick he needed to make his resolve concrete. He would fix what he could, and that was that. As her voice trailed on, he listened, hanging onto each word. The doubt she felt towards the idea of an ongoing alliance was one he, too, held, and it was something he was not pleased with at all. The original plan had been demolished the second Raziel took power, and there was no way for him to change that given the current situation. Even if the Brotherhood were to get involved now, the Roman's knowledge of their existence could prove to make things difficult. If that were to happen, and it was discovered the Inuit have been conspiring against him the entire time, there was no doubt in Kove's mind that he'd be banished from the valley. Perhaps that wouldn't have been too big of an issue, but with his children still too young to travel, he could not risk being forced to leave them behind. "I had not thought of asking for help. I had planned to take care of the issue on my own, but it appears I've not been able to do even that. You allowed me to leave for the purpose of that pack being a base for the Brotherhood, and my leaving ruined the chances of that happening. I know my apologies can not mend that, but please know I am not willing to give up." He'd wait, as he'd told Damien he would, before striking. His children's safety needed to be assured before he could do such, so thus the waiting game began.

Kove looked up at the mention of his children, and the deal he'd made. It was one thing he'd not failed at, and something he would not allow himself to prevent from happening. "I will make sure to bring one of them, I will not fail in doing that," the man informed her, needing not a moment to think about it. It was the deal that had been made, and the deal he would honour. "If you'll allow me, I wish to bring as many of them that will follow, if only to meet you. They've grown knowing only the Roman as a leader, and that is something I do not want. Even if only one of them is trained, I want for those willing to follow me to know that you are the one they should look up to, not Raziel." He'd thought of doing so before, and the idea had never faded from his mind. As their father, he wanted the best for them, and to him the best was serving under the queen of Blackfeather. He doubted the silver man, his skills and his mindset, and the mere thought of his children being raised believing his way to be best was far from ideal. Still, he would not bring them without permission from Meldresi herself.
Messages In This Thread
I remember the old times - by Kove - August 18, 2015, 01:58 PM
RE: I remember the old times - by Meldresi - August 18, 2015, 09:13 PM
RE: I remember the old times - by Kove - August 19, 2015, 12:05 AM
RE: I remember the old times - by Meldresi - August 25, 2015, 08:52 PM
RE: I remember the old times - by Kove - August 26, 2015, 02:54 PM
RE: I remember the old times - by Meldresi - August 27, 2015, 05:36 PM
RE: I remember the old times - by Kove - August 29, 2015, 01:21 PM
RE: I remember the old times - by Meldresi - August 30, 2015, 04:03 PM
RE: I remember the old times - by Kove - September 12, 2015, 01:08 AM
RE: I remember the old times - by Meldresi - September 14, 2015, 11:31 AM
RE: I remember the old times - by Kove - September 23, 2015, 03:28 PM