Silvertip Mountain The Big Beginning
7 Posts
Ooc — Amy
All Welcome 
The phantasmal being strode calmly though the unfamiliar territory. It was true that she had no idea where she was, or where anything else was located, but that would not stop her from learning. Her dark eyes bolted back and forth, the only indignation of this movement occurring was the quick flashes of white. She would not fall victim to anything taking advantage of a lost wolf. She would stand proud, be confident, and show no fear. Pausing, Vanora twitched her ears, listening for signs of anyone else nearby. Though she didn't hear anything, she felt it an appropriate place to rest.

Sitting beneath the unearthed roots of a fallen tree, Vanora closed her eyes and relaxed herself. Center yourself. A guardian is useless if she can not hold her composure. You must calm the body and soul to reach your full potential. The words of her aunt filled her mind, and she welcomed it. She missed her family, though she was the only one who knew. Her old pack didn't even know of her past before joining them. They accepted her for what she had to offer, not where she came from. She landed with a fine group of canines, and she couldn't have been happier with them. No. Don't let your mind wander there. Darkness will seep in and take control if you keep thinking of them. The past is in the past.

Vanora opened her eyes and shook her head slightly to clear her mind. She knew what happened when she thought about that pack. About Banyuk. She wouldn't allow herself to do that, not so soon after joining a new pack. But I should be with them. I should have been there to protect Banyuk and the others. She stood, shaking the entirety of her pelt. She would think of the Canadian pack no more. With a deep breath and one more moment of peace, Vanora continued on her original trajectory, once again casting her eyes over every twig and bush, making sure nothing had slipped into her vicinity while she was thinking.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska wandered effortlessly, searching for...well, something. He had forgotten why he had gone in the first place, and just went with it. It was a peaceful day. The soft wind blew on his fur, bringing with it the scents of the forest. But he stopped suddenly when the smells changed. The scent of a wolf. He traced it to where he found wolf. To be more precise, a wolfess. He hid behind a low rock, lying close to the ground, not wanting to startling her. Even though the others had been calm on their first meetings, he didn't want to do anything stupid. And at this range, he was certain he didn't want to. Once he was sure enough to come out, he did so with a greeting.

"Hello there. Are you new to the mountain?" he asked, cocking his head slightly. If she was not, then this was a bad distance to be at, considering that if she were facing him at the time, he'd be close to getting into her face.
7 Posts
Ooc — Amy
It was clear to the female that her thoughts were distracting her. It wasn't long until her carefully paced steps began to slow. Soon, she was stopped completely. She was simply standing, staring at a broken twig on the ground between her front paws. She didn't know why she was like this. For the past few months, even when thinking about the Canadian pack, her mental state remained its usual constant. But now... things were changing. Was it because she had now found herself in yet another pack? That was most likely the cause. When she was on her own, she was free. No one to worry about. No one to defend. She was disconnected from the events of the past. But now... now it was different.

She didn't know how long it would take for her to fully regain her control. She hoped it would be quick. Now was not the time to be off her game. In a new land, with new wolves, she had to be on top of it all. Things were not was she was used to. There could be new predators around, watching, stalking. If she wasn't on her game and prepared, she would not be able to last. Her thoughts were running rampant like this, not stopping until a young voice called out. She blinked rapidly and lifted her gaze to meet the eyes of another wolf. He was probably just older than she was.

"Hello." She gave the male a curt nod, her greeting simple. She had a feeling, though, that she would not be able to keep her chopped speech habit up for long, though. There was something in the wolf's eyes that gave her just the right feeling. "Yes. I just arrived today." She was not concerned with how he would take her short sentences. He would either take it as her being unfriendly and leave, or he could get defensive, or and endless other of possibilities. But no matter. She would deal with his reactions as they came. Though it seemed harsh, at this point in time, his feelings being hurt was not a concern to her. She would be herself, and that was that.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
I know it ain't exactly my place say this, but more of the alpha's, but 'Welcome to Silvertip'. and one thing I might say about my character is that he isn't exactly young. in wolf years, he's almost 28. just clarifying

Luckily for Chaska, she didn't seem too threatened by him. Though she didn't seem to be too focused on the situation either. She hardly spoke, and with all the others he had met, they talked a bit more. Zaria was an exception, of course. He guessed it was because this place was unfamiliar to her.

"That's good. How are you doing here? Met anyone else but me and Fitz?" he asked, assuming she had met the alpha. It was the only way she could have gotten in. "And if I frightened you, then I am truly sorry for it. To comfort you slightly, my name is Chaska. Now you know my name. Care to share yours?"
7 Posts
Ooc — Amy
Very sorry, school got hectic with midterms being this week. And I went back to edit my last post as well.

Despite the fact that she had just started the conversation, she was almost anxious to end it. Her priority right now was to learn the land, not make friends. At least, not yet. She knew she would eventually form another bond, though she shuddered internally to even consider it. The memories were still fresh in her mind. Though she was looking around, her ears remained angled towards the other to show she was, in fact still listening to his words. Vanora hardly cared if she was coming off as rude. This was just her nature.

"I'm doing well. Just surveying the land to familiarize myself." She made a point to shift her gaze more to emphasize this point. "And no, I have not yet met any others. You and Fitz are the only ones I have spoken with." She knew these were questions that would not be answered in a single word. She figured he was doing this on purpose, an attempt to bring her out of her shell. Though it did force her to use more words than she would have liked, her shell was not an issue here. She did not exactly have one, she was just a slightly more solitary creature, at least as far as the ever social wolf goes.

"Pleased to meet you, Chaska." She looked at him, pausing her scanning. Vanora nodded to him in a more formal greeting than she had originally given him. "My name is Vanora Aberfa, though Vanora will suffice." She always gave her surname, though she also always discouraged it's use. It was not necessary in most cases, and often, would just cause her to ignore the one using it. For now, she let her mind slip from that, and did something she rarely did. She continued the conversation. "How long have you been in this pack, Chaska?"
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska nodded in confirmation. The land was nice to explore, and took one's mind off things. Dreadful things. Such as the mountain flowers, the clouds, and his favorite, the stars. It was what he first did. Probably what every new wolf to this pack did.

"Well, if you need help, I'm near. As are others, like Fitz." He wasn't surprised to know that he and Fitz were the only ones she had met. He showed a welcoming smile to her as she spoke again.

"If that is your preference, then that is what I shall call you, Vanora" he spoke, adding a gentleman's touch to it.

"I...hmmm...I'm not actually sure. A few months, maybe? Possibly longer than a few. I don't normally pay attention to those kind of things." Maybe next time he should pay attention to the passage of time.
Best thing you will ever see
532 Posts
Ooc — Mar
I believe this was before the move right? Oh well, Vanora is inactive so I thought I'd save your thread! :D

Zaria was trotting through their territory. She still wasn't that used to the elevation. She realized that the air was thinner here which meant she was planting earlier than when she was on the flatlands. Not that it mattered, it looked like she was working hard. Once she heard voices the agouti female steered in the other direction. It seemed Vanora was just leaving Chaska. Oh well. Zaria wouldn't mind to have a quick chat.

"How are you, Chaska?," she asked. She knew that it was important to keep pack members happy or at least content. Happy was another story. Some just couldn't be saved. She thought she couldn't be saved once, but now she could say she was fairly happy.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska turned his head to the new voice in the conversation, Zaria. He answered as quickly as she asked. "Fine. Just going by, here and there. Looking for more inspiration. Don't really know what else there is to do but catch rabbits." Really, that was all he did. Catch whatever, and sit or lay around. Sometimes venture around, looking at the clouds.
532 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Zaria looked at Chaska for a moment. That did sound rather boring to do every day. Then she let out a secretive grin and turned it to Chaska. "You need a girlfriend!," she stated. That would live things up for the grey male. She was currently unavailable but maybe other females in the pack would be something that would fit Chaska's liking.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska's jaw almost dropped, and he found himself unable to reply. He had never had someone to love affectionately before. No one to wake up to on most or every morning. No special someone being in his life to hunt for if need be. He hadn't even had a crush before! Even if he did, how would he know.

After a moment of silence, he managed to make words, "I...have never had one" he admitted, hanging his head low. For some reason, he found it a shameful thing to not have one, especially by his age.
532 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Zaria had to laugh at how baffled the male looked. There was no shame in not having anyone yet. Zaria would frown at someone if they were loyal. "Okay. Maybe I find one for you," she offered not being mean about it or laughing in his face. Zaria was going to take this really serious. Maybe that was something that should found outside the pack then they even had a new member, yes yes. "What does Chaska like in a female?," she asked boldly.

This is getting pretty funny!
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
I just lost all my humor after listening to Wolfsong. The stone around my heart has been broken

Chaska's eyes bulged. In reply, he stuttered. "Y-you don't have to d-do that" he insisted. His tail fell, as did his ears. He had never been so bashful, nor nervous before. Never had anyone asked to do anything like that for him. And then, she asked what he likes in a female. If he wasn't nervous before, which he was, then he was definitely bewildered by this.

"I..I don't usually think about that kind of stuff." And it was true. He never thought about that.
532 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Zaria tried not to laugh at the grey male that looked so flustered. She was way younger than him but he was doing much worse compared to her on the subject of 'love'. Zaria stepped forward, her face serious but not mean looking. "I can! Wouldn't that make you feel less bored? Someone to hang out with! A best friend! Once to lay against when it is cold," she spoke, which was all the things she found in Fitz she really liked.

"I'm not saying you should but maybe it would be nice to consider?," she offered, not sure how he would react to that.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
For some reason, the suggestion makes me think of drama between Zaria and Fitz if he came at a wrong time. Wink wink ;)

Once again, Chaska faltered. But this time, only for a mere second. One day, the mountain would become cold. And being alone at a time like that could prove lethal. Unconsciously, he somewhat nodded. "I..I guess in the winter. Whenever it comes." Still, it felt a little off. He didn't want to get too close to anyone. It would only cause a relapse of his past. With all those he got close to, swept away like a forest in a hurricane.
532 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Haha that would be funny, though Zaria recently told Fitz that she was only loyal to him! Though it would make an interesting plot xD

Zaria flickered her tail in somewhat of a wag. "I am not saying you have to. You can say no," she offered. "But maybe you like," she shrugged. The way the male was so shy about it made her remind a bit of Fitz when he was so scared to admit to her that he liked her. Males in this culture were so different! Oh well, luckily they had her to help them.

"I will try and find. And you tell me you like or not," she then spoke. "Yes?" Zaria wouldn't mind trying to help out her packmate.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
It would be. Also, I couldn't help but feel embarrassed for Chas after reading Lady Hunt (even though I laughed too). He's gonna be very surprised. But also very happy.

A wave of relief washed over, his tail swishing a little. How did he not see that it was only a suggestion. But still, there were many factors that could turn it upside down. For one, he knew that Fitz had a crush on Zaria. And if he ever found them at a wrong time, who knew what would happen. Certainly not Chaska.

But he went back to flustered, his tail seizing up. He was not sure if he was hearing things. And if he wasn't, he understood perfectly what she meant. He didn't know whether he was okay with it or not. Half his mind wasn't, but the rest of his mind and body were. That he couldn't understand why. Finally, after a long awkward silence, he spoke. "I..guess?" he answers in an unsure manner.
532 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Haha yes. I thought it would make a cool started haha! Aww Chaska is super cute he deserves a girlfriend! :D

Zaria watched Chaska, unsure if he was liking this or not. The female tried to study him, he looked a bit interested? His words confirmed his hesitation. Zaria found that he just needed to try it. Wolves were social creatures, so maybe Chaska didn't know what he was missing! What a good friend she would be if she managed to get him a girlfriend or something like that.

"Okay. I will go search soon," she returned. It would be pretty cool to be on the hunt for that. Zaria's tail flickered and then she gave him a quick nod. "See you later," she spoke before planning her new mission.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
I'll archive
Chaska just stood there, unsure of what to say. Completely baffled as Zaria went off on her new 'quest'. It took him a while, but soon he managed to make sense of what had happened. At least, enough to finally speak. "What..just happened?" Never in his life had he ever been so confused. It seemed too much for him. He really needed to lay down somewhere, or he was going to pass out right where he stood.