Bearclaw Valley Pack your bags.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Kove kept his eyes trained on the woman, even when the stranger passed between them. He’d never seen him before, of course, but his scent and the way he approached Scarlett made it obvious he was a member of Bearclaw. Ignoring him, he stood and awaited for the albino to speak, wanting to know what she’d say. Even if she did try to make it so he could not see them, he was confident he’d find a way to do so anyways. Eventually, if it ever came down to it. For a brief moment, his eyes flickered from the pale mother to his daughter, seeing she wasn’t moving. Again, he was not certain why. Whether it be from shock or confusion, or even an actual want to stay with her father, he couldn’t quite figure out why. Children were never as easy to read as adults.

His attention was immediately drawn back to Scarlett when she lashed out at him, feeling her teeth graze his neck. He pulled his head back as a reflex, and bared his own teeth for a second before correcting himself. “You know I do not see you as a monster, Scarlett,” he countered. He couldn’t see her as such. Even if she kept him from ever seeing any of his kids, he would be unable to view her as a monster. A cruel woman, yes, but not a monster. A frown filled his features at the mention of being hunted down. “If you go to a new pack, what makes you so sure any of them would listen to you?” It was a valid point. Though he didn’t know where she’d be taking them, or what the wolves of said location would be like, he liked to think that they wouldn’t keep a parent from their children. Then again, he could be completely wrong. It was something he would just need to wait and find out for himself. “I’ll have no problem avoiding you.” The Inuit was still a Dark Brother. His skills were, clearly, a bit rusty, but there was no doubt he’d get back up to par after spending some time in the dark woods. Spending time within Blackfeather, living among the shadows and other ghosts.

Again, as the woman started to speak, he found himself baring his teeth at her. A warning, more than a threat. “I care for them very much, and I always will. They are my children, I could never hurt them. I’d sooner give my own life than watch them suffer,” Kove stated, a glare in his eyes. The glare softened, slightly, at the mention of the borders of his old home. The borders he would patrol and keep watch over, the same borders he’d gone away from back when he’d first met the pale lady. “The blood is that of trespassers, a warning so no one tries to enter the woods.” He turned his gaze to his children, then, the glare having left his face, leaving behind a neutral expression all around. “If you want to come with me, I can promise that nothing will happen to you. I know those living in the woods we’d be going to, I know they wouldn’t harm you.” It was true. Trespassers were harmed, yes, but never had they injured one of their own. From what he knew, they never laid a claw on children, either, no matter if they were outsiders or not. “If you go with your mother, though, that’s fine. I will still visit you when I can, I’ll watch over and make sure you’re safe. Don’t let your mother fill your heads with lies. I love each of you, more than I’ve ever loved anything or anyone.” If he didn't care, he would have taken them already. Kove would have left with them, not giving any of them a say. He didn't do that though. The Inuit knew that would bring them pain, and so he was left incapable of dragging them away, even if it meant he wouldn't get to see them everyday.
Messages In This Thread
Pack your bags. - by Scarlett - September 24, 2015, 05:23 AM
RE: Pack your bags. - by Xan - September 24, 2015, 09:39 AM
RE: Pack your bags. - by Kove - September 24, 2015, 09:41 AM
RE: Pack your bags. - by Scarlett - September 24, 2015, 11:24 AM
RE: Pack your bags. - by RIP Valette - September 24, 2015, 11:53 AM
RE: Pack your bags. - by Xan - September 24, 2015, 01:02 PM
RE: Pack your bags. - by Kove - September 24, 2015, 01:06 PM
RE: Pack your bags. - by Scarlett - September 24, 2015, 01:56 PM
RE: Pack your bags. - by Kove - September 24, 2015, 02:50 PM
RE: Pack your bags. - by Scarlett - September 24, 2015, 05:35 PM
RE: Pack your bags. - by RIP Valette - September 24, 2015, 05:55 PM