Dragoncrest Cliffs you can't even trust the air you breathe
and i hope that kindness comes your way
162 Posts
Ooc — L2D2
All Welcome 
AW ^_^
he was tired. his limbed ached. his paws raw, his tendons rigid. even his eyes reflected exhaustion, so reclusive and dull was the amber spark that rounded his recessed pupils. he hiked a sigh, his pace slowing until he groaned into a lumbering halt. around him the sea roared and the gulls clattered and there was nary a bite to eat.

where he stood he was too high in the world to scour the strand below for food, and the edge of the copse was a long way yet. he had taken great care to avoid packs and in doing so, had carved a wide journey heavy with miles. before nightfall he would reach the ocean -- but for now the ragged wolf paused to survey the open skies overhead and the expansive drop of earth crumbling beneath his very paws.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin had wandered ahead of the group. Haven and Sebastian agreed that they should move onto the coast. But he wanted to get there first. To see what it would be like. To see if this place would really be the perfect place to stop. He was definitely one about being cautious. 

And what was he to find? A wolf already there. He hid himself quickly. Was this one alone? The scent it gave off was not familiar, but he could smell no others on it. That was lucky. But still, a loner could be dangerous. And technically, he wasn't in a pack either. He stayed low, watching from a distance cautiously and fearfully.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian wasn't far behind Aduin. He was starting to grow protective of the nervous male and he wouldn't want him to be alone too much. Maybe he was taking over the older brother role for him. He knew Aduin was close to Haven, so if he wanted his relationship to work with her he would need to get along with his family. Sebastian followed the male's scent. He knew Haven would find him if she needed him, maybe she was tracking him currently too. 

He just wanted to give her some space to rekindle with her sister. The large tank of a male trotted further. Aduin wandered further up the coast to where Haven and he had been, even Sebastian wasn't familiar here but he was kind of liking it. The male was momentarily distracted by the cliffs before them, seeing a wolf. He wasn't that familiar with Aduin yet, so for a few seconds he trotted towards the stranger as it was his girlfriend's feverous brother. Though his scent and stance reminded Sebastian that this wasn't ... Aduin. "Oh you aren't...," he stated, more thinking out loud really,  and stopped at respectable distance. 

The grey male stopped, knowing that Aduin was good at hiding himself, so he would probably appear sooner or later. His ears moved forward. They hadn't decided on an actual location but his was definitely a contender. Maybe this wolf would be interested. First Sebastian needed to see if the male was even friendly enough for a conversation. "Sorry I almost mistook you for someone else," he spoke in greeting. His scent wasn't familiar to Sebastian.
162 Posts
Ooc — L2D2
underneath the lengthy sweep of cliff-fall the sea thundered, roaring headlong into the stony spires. tachyon listened, both ears pulled forwards -- and so immersed was he in the song of salt and spray he did not hear a wolf until it was nearly upon him.

alarmed and instinctively worried for his survival, tachyon reeled, his hackles upright but no semblance of aggression writ across his countenance. but it seemed the steel agouti that approached him was also confused, for his countenance swam with perplexity and what tachyon could only identify as embarrassment.

his hackles settled as he realized the wolf was not outright hostile -- and while he was not about to blithely trust the canine, at least now they were face to face and tachyon could defend himself in case of onslaught. had he known aduin was in the bushes, perhaps he would have been a little more wary. "oh.. it's alright." the slate colored wolf supplied, scanning the crumbling rocks ahead. "if you're here.. does that mean i am close to a pack?" his brow furrowed as he continued his thoughts: "i'm only passing through -- don't want any trouble."
#brutalmode
currently weak health
mild powerplay/cameos of tachyon welcome (especially donnelaith members)
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin continued to watch the loner, until another came into his line of sight. As it turned out, Sebastian had been following him. Why? Maybe he just wanted to protect him. But suddenly, the more cautious side of Aduin, the little voice that others call a conscience made a theory. That Seb didn't trust Aduin. But he was smart enough to not trust that voice. Or was he?

Nonetheless, if things went bad, he couldn't stand the thought of seeing Haven cry after her boyfriend gets mauled by another wolf. So he leaped from the bushes and joined the more muscular wolf by his side, or more to his flank. He had his tail lowered, as well as his body. Luckily enough, the other wolf didn't look too threatening. Famous last words for many.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian focussed on the other wolf. His answer made it clear that the stranger before him was a loner like him. He didn't want an injury just like Sebastian couldn't permit one either. Sebastian nodded shortly in thanks and then shook it as saying no. "You are not on pack lands. My -- mate and I might want to settle here in the future. You are not in trouble," he explained to the grey one before him. He dared to call Haven his mate instead of his girlfriend. He was pretty serious about their relationship. He wanted her as a mate, so telling it to others was definitely a first step. 

Sebastian was a bit startled himself as something jumped from the bushes and ran to him. He realized it was Aduin and calmed down. He let out the breath he was holding and looked to the side. "Aduin, there you are!," he spoke, relief was clearly heard in his tone. His pale eyes fell to the stranger. "If you wish you could join up with us? Winter is close. I'm Sebastian, and this is Aduin, my mate's brother," he explained. He wondered what the male would respond to that. Sebastian made himself a bit bigger just so Aduin would feel protected, if needed.
162 Posts
Ooc — L2D2
when a second wolf strode forth from concealment tachyon nearly jumped from his skin. he spun towards the approaching stranger, suspicion ringing the exhausted amber of his gaze. was this an ambush?

but before he could manage outcry, sebastian spoke. while the male's explanation did not assay tachyon's fears entirely, tachyon thought he detected a faint amount of gentility in the grey's voice. he spoke of potential claiming -- and he spoke of a mate. for a moment, tachyon envied this man and his destiny -- it had been some time since he had encountered a wolf of the female persuasion.

"i see." his ears swiveled as he looked at aduin, unsure of the wolf's intentions. "do you know this area well?"
#brutalmode
currently weak health
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
These wilds really were the kindest place on Earth. From all meetings since that she-wolf, Harlyn, everyone had been somewhat kind to him. Everywhere else, they either pretended to be kind, only to lure him in to be eaten, or just straight out try to kill him. No questions asked. This place..this place was nice. And seeing the other wolf relax, he too relaxed, and moved forward a bit. His form became as calm as the coastal waters nearby. The sea-wind bristled his fur a bit, combined with a salty scent and taste.

Finally, he spoke up. "H-hey" he greeted in his bravest voice. If everyone here was nice, then he too would have to play it cool. And the best way for that was to greet one's self. Even though Sebastian had already done that for him. "I'm A-Aduin."
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian looked around as the wolf's question. The male slowly shook his head. "Yes, and no. Mostly no. I do know the generic places of this coastal area but not all the names and exact locations. I do have more knowledge about the south that way. The southern inland, not the coast. I lived there for a while. ," he explained to the stranger. Maybe he could do something with his knowledge. Sebastian wouldn't mind giving it to him. If it would help this fellow out. He didn't want to attack so Sebastian saw that as friendliness which he would return. 

Sebastian glanced at the side as Aduin introduced himself so bravely. He was really getting more braver. Sebastian hoped it was because he felt safe with him, though he wasn't going to ask that. "Have you just arrived here in these wilds?,"he asked the stranger before them.
Won't you torture someone else's sleep?
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
Krypton followed the scents of the wolves close to her. Then again, it was a risky move to do. These wolves could be hostile for all she knows and have a blood lust for others. She must trod lightly over this unfamiliar land. As she walked, she noticed the temperature was dropping fairly quickly as the day sun was fading into the luminous moon of the night. There was no cave nearby, none that she could see anyways. Her breath became foggy as she walked, her paws crunching an breaking the ground beneath her.

She pricked her ears up when she saw a sight. Four wolves... Three males and one female...

Krypton kept her distance behind a tree, although her massive size made it almost impossible for her to hide. Her fur at least blended her in with the surroundings, giving her camouflage.

She tried to listen in on the conversation, maybe they know where there is food or shelter. However, they were too far away. She didn't recognize their scents. They were different from the pack scents that waft in the air around these parts. She moved one step closer and watched from afar, her dull eyes bright with curiosity.
Medic: 0/10
Guardian: 0/10
???: 0/10
162 Posts
Ooc — L2D2
more wolves were emerging from the woodland -- tachyon's sheared ears swiveled as a female materialized. she hung back enough where tachyon was inclined to believe she was hiding. his lantern-yellow gaze focused on her for but a moment before returning to the shoal-colored agouti before him. if there was one thing tachyon could appreciate, it was a levelheadedness -- and it appeared between the stumbling aduin and the stalwart sebastian that he was in like-minded company.

he didn't see the harm in disclosing of his past with these two (three now) wolves, and so he obliged to the male's inquiry. "yes - only last night, really." it occurred to him that a capable, large male like himself alone in the woods was suspicious and a bid for past misdeeds. he certainly did not want the wrong impression. "my pack was doing well, but i wasn't really into their religion." he shrugged, wondering if that would appease any doubt they reserved for him. "what about you two? anything i should know about the area?"
#brutalmode
currently weak health
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin didn't notice the female that arrived nearby. If he did, he'd probably call 'Ambush!' and run. But since he didn't, he stayed grounded next to Sebastian. The conversation went on, and the other wolf soon asked about the area. Aduin left that to Sebastian, not really having been in the Wilds for that long either. Which he decided to blurt out.

"I haven't been here long either" he piped up, before going quiet again. Maybe he shouldn't have done that, or maybe he should have. It was these kinds of choices that put his mind under pressure. Slowly, he angled his muzzle to Seb's ear. "You know enough about this area, right?" he asked Seb quietly.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian studied the big male for a moment. He might be useful within their starting pack but he wasn't going to press on it too much. Sebastian had his back to he female so he didn't notice her right away. Frankly, he as a Warden would need to start patrolling this area heavily if they wanted to keep the loners out it seemed. Maybe there were loners now since there weren't any packs in the coastal areas yet. Sebastian turned to Aduin who whispered something in his ear. He nodded to him. "I know some, not everything," he admitted before he turned his focus back on the grey male before them.

"The lumpy things on the beach, you can eat those, they are slow on land but terribly strong. Lots of blubber but worth it if you need the extra fat through winter," he offered some knowledge to the male. He wasn't sure if he was familiar with the beach or not. Now he would know anyhow. "It happens sometimes. Luckily you had the freedom to leave and go your own ways," he spoke. If Sebastian would start a pack with Haven it would mostly consist out of her family members, and one friend. His pale eyes glanced over the male once more. Sebastian would let the male decide for himself what he would do with his life.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
Krypton saw the bright lantern eyes cross over her, she took a small step back. Her eyes widened a bit, she gulped dryly and felt anxiety build up inside of her entire body. Her legs felt weak, her body felt as if it would collapse on her.

"He sees me... Now he'll probably run me out because I'm intruding on his lands." Her conscience whispered at her, covering her thoughts like a heavy fog.

However, her negative thoughts were blown away when the male turned his attention back to the group. Krypton let out a inaudible breath of relief. 

"Thank my lucky stars..." She whispered to herself in a quiet voice, turning her attention back to the small group. Her ears remained pinned forward. Swallowing her anxiety, the large wolf took a step closer, watching where her paws stepped at. The last thing she needs is to break a twig and get attacked. Surely, these wolves seemed peaceful, although only one saw her. She decided to stick around a bit longer, her ears were starving for information that could be used in the long run. Now she was in hearing range and could hear their voices.
162 Posts
Ooc — L2D2
relief was still fresh on tachyon's mind as he surveyed the two, now three wolves before him. he was glad this was not a pack he was trespassing on -- at least not yet. he had no intention of making himself the victim of a pack surveillance party. he shifted, keeping his body angled towards the line of the coast. eventually he would have to press on in his journey, but now he was willing to take respite with these amicable canines.

aduin was first to reveal he too knew little of the area. that made for two of them. tachyon's wide muzzle swung to sebastian, who seemed the decorated leader of the small band. he appreciated the small tidbit about a potential meal sebastian offered him -- it was not often one encountered kindness in the wild.

"is that one yours?" he pointed to the female with a sweep of a broad forepaw -- the agouti who had yet to introduce herself to the trio.
#brutalmode
currently weak health
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
I hadn't realized it was my turn. whoops

Aduin's eyes widened. There was another wolf, according to the male wolf in front of them. And he could only hope it was either Maja or Haven. If not, then they were in a bit of trouble. At least, that's what he thought. He began searching around them, trying to spot something. Luckily for the other wolf, he found nothing, and looked back to the wolf before them with a quirked brow.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian looked over his shoulder as the male asked him about another wolf. He turned more to face where the male was looking. Sebastian rose his muzzle in the air to sniff it. He did got a hint of a scent but he wasn't smelling anything familiar. He then saw a flash of her face which also didn't spark any recognition. Sebastian hook his head before turning back to the grey male. "She is not," he returned to him. Now he was thinking of her like a bit of a creep. Why wouldn't she join them? Was she that skittish? He was reminded of Aduin and nudged him to tell the male that he would be okay. 

"I don't think you have given us your name?," he then asked. Sebastian felt like this male would make a great addition to their pack. So maybe if they were on a first name basis the male was more likely too join their little gang. Maybe he would remember them and once winter was coming down heavily on them they would be more willing to join? Who knows. Sebastian wouldn't mind that.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
Seeing how the other wolf's gaze locked onto her for a second before turning away, Krypton decided that was enough information. She knew where food could be at least, that was a big upside. Sighing inaudibly, the large wolf took a few steps back and started to walk away, her large shoulders relaxed and moving in a sloping motion. Although she tried to watch where her paws landed, they still made noise. Not similar to snaps  of twigs breaking, but rather paws flattening out the messy dirt.

If they didn't attack her when she was lurking around, then they must not be a pack but a small group. Shaking her large head, the female kept walking, hopefully she can find a place to stay tonight in peace. Maybe her insomnia wouldn't bother her tonight like it had done before. However, she stopped in her tracks and took one more glance at the small group. "They're lucky to be that friendly to others. If I weren't so mute and skittish about talking and interacting, I wouldn't have been in a lot of problems." She said in her mind, her ears flattened in sadness and embarrassment. Casting them one more look with her pale eyes, she started to walk again, her stride shorter than normal, trying to conserve precious energy.
162 Posts
Ooc — L2D2
tachyon was imbued by fatigue, so tired was he he didn't realize he had never once offered the small gathering his name. and while it was only a name, a name was clandestine -- it tied a person to an identity, and an identity to memory. while tachyon may not have been intelligent enough to realize what exactly the worth was in exchanging names, he knew it forded a sense of security among fresh-faced parties.

he recalled aduin had supplied his name already -- clearly the timid wolf was more brushed up to date with etiquette than tachyon. his gaze swung to the female who had disappeared from view and then back to the slate agouti before him. "tachyon." he was called to mind (albeit unwillingly) that the duo knowing his name meant he was tangible now -- identifiable in a way a lone grey wolf would have otherwise not been. with a sleek roll of his shoulders he stirred. he would allow a pause to see if sebastian offered his own moniker before leaving their company, but if he did not, it would not rock his boat.
#brutalmode
currently weak health
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin's eyes followed the others to where the female had been. Yet he still didn't spot anything, making him more anxious. His tail hugged his back leg a little more. But he somewhat relaxed when Tachyon announced his name. Now he was familiar with everyone here. In a way. Suddenly, he had a thought. What if Tachyon were to join them? Although, it wasn't up to him. It was up to Seb to ask, so he remained silent.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian already said his name in #6 :P

Sebastian nodded in thank you once the male gave him his name. Sebastian was under the impression that he already introduced himself but with the other's persistent look Sebastian decided to repeat it. It wouldn't be something that would work against him, at least he hoped not. "Sebastian," he spoke. Because if the male didn't remember before then he might remember it now. 

"I guess we will let you rest now, or at least be on your own again," Sebastian then offered, rounding up their conversation. They had a nice chat with the fellow loner but he didn't want to over do it. "If you are in need of a pack come back to these cliffs, we will probably still here." Sebastian have that as a little hint, maybe not so subtile but hey. He was still a male, he liked clear instructions. And he wouldn't mind to have a male like Tachyon joining them.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
Walking with her large paws, the female lumbered her way around the land. Although she thought about staying quiet, there was no others around, she had checked the area several times with no scents except the group behind her.

With her tail hanging low beside her legs, the female left the land in search of a place to stay the night.

*Krypton exits*
162 Posts
Ooc — L2D2
OOF SORRY

he listened with a relaxed haunch as the male extended his ambitions to claim the shoreline -- tachyon's gaze slid to the cliff edge where the world was swept away in a color close to the glare of shoal-stone. it was good to know should he ever come back his way, sebastian and his wolves would likely be waiting. he wished them the best in their pursuit -- with a flick of his tail he dipped his muzzle in the duo's direction before striking south, following the tongue of the coast-line.
#brutalmode
currently weak health
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin noticed that the wolf, Tachyon, began to leave, and as soon as he did, he too began to backtrack, eager to leave. He didn't know the female had left, and what he could not see but knew was somewhere nearby frightened him the most. He aimed to go back, having had enough of his very short adventure. His wary eyes skimmed the tree line, not catching sight of the female that had left already. 

"Wonder if Haven and Maja found anything?" he asked back to Sebastian curiously. It was likely they had. The sea breeze blew across his back fur, the sea spray giving him one final goodbye as he left the shore.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian turned to Aduin after the male left. He made a valid point, while they were chatting with a stranger that might leave them exploring the rest of Dragoncrest. "You are right, let's search them out and tell about our findings," he spoke. Plus Sebastian was eager to see Haven again. He wondered what she had encountered, and he hoped she liked these lands. Sebastian was more than eager to find out. He was certain she was liking these lands, right?! He left with Aduin to find the others.

-end!-