Emberflame Ridge YouTube is basically a time machine
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
For @Ezimette c: @Jolon, you can go ahead and pop in if you want~

From Lone Star she'd then traveled north, hiking along the various passageways and taking a trail she'd yet to investigate. It was a mystery, the content she might find at the end of the path, but that was what made venturing into unknown lands exciting. There was a certain thrill that came along with it, as well as a feeling of peace that seemed to settle over her whenever she'd discovered something new. It would, perhaps, be her final journey for a long while, as the preparations for her tribe were nearing completion. Once settled, she knew she would not be able to leave for long intervals of time—at least not at first. While she did not wish to pursue any trades that might lead her to faraway lands, that didn't mean she'd be confined to the mountain forever. During lazy days and the like she'd be able to travel out and explore some more of the surrounding areas, but all of that was rather far off into the future. For the time being, she would have to remain focused on her current journey, for unfamiliar lands could also bring new threats.

The moment the girl had stepped foot upon the ridge, she was off on a quest to check things out. Each tree she passed appeared quite barren, for only a few had a couple of stray leaves clinging to their branches for dear life. There was little resistance against the winds, but she did not mind too much. Her winter coat had come in weeks prior, allowing for her to keep warm majority of the time. As Asterr progressed deeper into the neutral territory, she soon found herself gazing upon a charred, fallen tree. Due to the ridge's closeness to the dome, she couldn't help but wonder if a bolt of lightning had ventured away from her homeland. At that thought, a faint smile touched her lips and she gave a gentle shake of her head, dismissing the vivid imagery that had come to mind. It was not the time to stand around gawking at a log, and so she'd pressed herself to continue forward, attentive to that which lingered around her.
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
58 Posts
Ooc — Ezi
The lone wolf looked down at the black she-wolf below her, watching it's every move and studying it's features. No, It was not one of her kind, but it was a wolf. She slowly made her way down the hill she was standing upon until she was close enough to fully see the wolf. She new that her coat color would give away her hiding spot but she didn't mind. This wolf did not look like it was going a certain direction and neither was  she. She was confused when the lone black wolf stopped and smiled at a charred log. What was so special about that? She held back a growl when the wolf moved on though. How far would she have to follow this wolf until it lead her to food?All she had eaten in the past couple of days was a nest of pheasant eggs and she was becoming starved. She didn't know how long it would be until she ate again and knew she couldn't go much longer and was set on following the female wolf. Her path was a long journey but journeys were her life now and she was sure that she was destined to wander forever.If there ever was such thing as a pack life her, it was far in the future.
"Throw me to the wolves and I'll come back leading the pack"
                                     ~Unknown~
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The further she'd progressed through the ridge, the more obvious it'd become that she'd acquired a living shadow. She could feel eyes on her, but knew it not to have been one of her own that had followed her away from the dome. No, any one of those she'd recruited would have approached her, perhaps even offered a verbal greeting, but her follower had done neither. The being had remained at a distance, not even offering a chuff to enlighten the yearling of their presence. They were simply there, trailing after the soon-to-be chieftess with unknown intentions. Asterr did not stop them, either, though her ears would swivel back every once in a while to check and see if the stranger remained. It was an odd occurrence, and the girl wondered what thoughts were running through her stalker's mind. Did they wish to approach her but were uncertain of how to do so? Perhaps they were simply going in the same direction, and preferred awkward situations over engaging in a conversation? No matter their reasoning for not speaking up, the yearling had soon decided that she'd no longer wished to play along.

Swiftly, she'd turned around, silver eyes instantly finding the face of her pale follower. Her body then stilled, making it obvious she would take not a single step further in either direction. Silently, she observed the other wolf, taking notice to the feminine scent she possessed. Her body did not appear to be in the best of shape, quickly betraying her lack of decent meals. No matter, Asterr did not allow for such small details to sway her interest in the other. Without waiting a moment longer, she returned her gaze to the female's eyes and, with a soft voice, called out, "Hello."
58 Posts
Ooc — Ezi
Ezimette, the lone arctic she-wolf, was surprised by the she-wolf's behavior,until it turned around and looked straight at her. "Hello," it said. Ezimette was surprised that it didn't attempt to attack her. Ezimette was small, fast, and lean, she would be easy to conquer in a battle if she did not run first. "You're no arctic wolf. Why do you not attack me?" She stalked forwards and looked over the she-wolf until she was only 10 ft away. Her back fur bristled. She remembered out of nowhere Eximerra's, the dog she had traveled with's, dying words. "You will know when you meet someone who is woven into your fate. When I met you, I knew i was destined to be your caretaker. There was something about you that drew me to you. I know you are young and this is hard to understand but my kind believe in fate. You were always supposed to find me and I was always supposed to die here telling you this information and passing my knowledge on to you. Remember these word pup. They will do you good in the future."

Suddenly Ezimette relaxed. She looked at the she-wolf and smiled kindly. "Excuse my behavior. I apologize for approaching you like that. I am Ezimette, and I need to speak with you, immediately."
                                     ~Unknown~
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
It often came as no surprise when loners were a bit standoffish, for many possessed reasons not to trust others. Never had she spoken with someone who was curious of why the petite girl had not attacked them, though, especially over something as trivial as their subspecies. In her mind, it mattered little the colours of one's coat or the places from which they'd originated. What mattered were their ideals, their way of living and the morals they held close to their hearts. Such things were important, for they provided insight as to what type of wolf they were. "I would never attack a stranger," she revealed. "Especially not over something as simple as what type of wolf they might be." Out in the world, did there exist wolves who would actually do something like that? She certainly hoped not.

The stranger's posture had changed quickly, going from bristled fur to a relaxed posture. Even her face began to sport a smile, making the yearling wonder what kind of thoughts swam through her mind. What were her intentions, her reasoning? "It is quite alright," Asterr said, deciding not to pursue any answers. "My name is Asterr Draconid. If you must speak, then please do so." The request had come so suddenly, the dragoness could not deny that she was curious.
58 Posts
Ooc — Ezi
"If I may ask," She whispered, "Where are you going?" She knew she felt a fate bond with this she-wolf and knew that it played an important role as a packmate in her life. She had a strange feeling in her gut. It was not the kind of feeling you got when you wanted to be someone's mate, but it was similar. She wanted to befriend this wolf, to make discoveries with her. It felt like she was someone her spirit knew, but not her current body. Could she have been her spirit's sister in a time before this. What was it? Her eyes went blank. All she could see was the image of pawprints. It felt like they were those of a wolf from long ago. She shook her head and sat down. "I'm Ezimette" She said clearly, although her thoughts were as clouded as a spring storm. Her bright green eyes flicked to her paws, she wanted to know how she had seen the image of those ancient pawprints, and if she could see them again. Why did she feel so blown away by this wolf? Suddenly, an image of great bat-like wings stretched across her vision, then she felt a pain as her shoulder hit the ground and her vision went completely pith black.
       All she could think of was the word dragon.
                                     ~Unknown~
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Her destination was questioned, but an answer not demanded. The yearling had no problem with sharing her reasoning for being in the charred woods, though she grew curious of why the woman wished to know. Once again, however, she did not voice her queries. They remained within her mind, but never did they leave her tongue. "No where in particular," the younger answered, her words sincere and straightforward. "I had wished to learn more of the areas surrounding the mountain I wish to settle upon, thus leading me here." It'd become a common thing for her, trekking to the nearest territories to further inspect them.

Asterr grew silent, wondering what words might come next, but all that came was a repetition of the pale one's name. Ezimette. It was a memorable name, just the same as many of those she'd recruited. She could admire the name, but was given little time to do so before things took a turn for the worse. It had happened in a matter of seconds, too, offering no time for the dragoness to prepare herself. She'd quickly registered what was going on, but had not been able to move quick enough to prevent her body from hitting the ground. The sound of the stranger's shoulder touching the earth was unpleasant, the pain practically able to be heard from that alone. After that, it'd taken only milliseconds, metaphorically speaking, before the raven-esque girl had closed the distance between them entirely.

She didn't worry over whether or not the female carried an illness, something that could have made her pass out as she had. From a young age, she'd been taught the ways of a medic and had eaten the information up constantly. The only thought presently on her mind was to get the woman up, to get her to regain consciousness. It was with a somewhat rough nudge that she touched her muzzle to the pallid woman's side, attempting to wake her with movement alone. She knew nothing else she could do aside from that or raising her voice, for she was uncertain of where she might find a plant putrid enough to jolt her awake.
58 Posts
Ooc — Ezi
Ezimette felt the nudge in her side and groaned. Her mind swirled with thoughts, like a fox chasing a rabbit round and round a tree. She blinked open her eyes as she slowly regained her strength and got up on weak knees. She looked straight into the yearlings eyes, knowing that there was something special about her. Ezimette was mortified that she had fallen over and fainted in front of her alpha. Alpha? Where had that word come from. She had never heard it before, but now it rang in her ears. She had a faint understanding of it: Whom I serve. " Asterr, may I come with you? I know this is a strange question but do you believe in fate?" Ezimette wondered if she felt the same magnetism that effected her.  Asterr was probably only about a year younger than her but Ezimette  felt protective of the young one and wanted to stay close to her. She was worried though that Asterr would reject her offer and at that moment bowed her head.
                                     ~Unknown~
Kyyneleitä virtaa vasta alakerrassa.
210 Posts
Ooc — Marie
The clouds above were heavy, creating alluring pictures one could spot easily. Jolon watched them as he carried a dead mouse between his teeth. He had caught it to fill his appetite, but realized he couldn't take all the food he caught. He was part of a team now, a family, and he was sure there were wolves way more hungry than him in the to-be tribe. So he decided to give it to the dragoness, as a gift for all the things she had done. He knew it wasn't much compared to what she had given him, but it was the idea behind it that counted for Jolon. He set out, his nose in the snow, trying to find her syrupy scent. It didn't take long for him to find it and his nose led him outside the borders of their to-be home, which was strange to him. Asterr was not the one to disappear so suddenly, not while the preparations for their tribe were almost finished. So he sped up his pace, now galloping over unknown lands searching for the raven female.

After a few minutes that felt like hours to him, he spotted an ebony pelt in the distance. Of course this could be any one with a dark pelt, but the scent of Asterr had led him to this place. It had to be her. When he got closer he saw that, indeed, it was his to-be alphess, but she wasn't alone. Another wolf's feminine scent lingered around here. And then he spotted the white female. He hurried to the dragoness, still carrying the dead mouse.

Hello. The first thing that came out of his blood covered muzzle was interrupted by the fact he was carrying a dead animal. He tried to keep calm, but his eyes revealed how tired he was from running. He looked at Asterr, and sat down besides the two females. He dropped the mouse on the ground near the bright spirit.Brought you breakfast. He said with a proud smile on his muzzle. His focus shifted towards the white female.And who might you be? He asked friendly, but in his own cold way.
A Man with Two Souls
A Power that Mercilessly Controls
Please Someone Help him with this Demon
Make this Free Spirit a Freeman
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
At first, Asterr had worried, thinking a nudge alone would not be enough to wake her. Thankfully it'd been just enough, and the woman was soon rising; which was responded to with, "Please be careful, do not push yourself." It was only moments ago that the pallid wolf had fallen unconscious, and the darker female believed it best for her to not move so suddenly. She knew not what had caused the stranger to lose consciousness, and did not want a repeat. She kept an eye on the woman, watchful of her posture and mindful of any signs that might give way to another episode.

There came words or, rather, questions. She was drawn first to the latter one, intrigued by the idea behind it. "To a certain extent, I do," she answered, knowing that fate often had a large say in the happenings of the world around them. Even if one did not believe, some things were far too strange to be considered simple coincidences. Everyone had a reason for doing the things they did, some being driven by unexplained forces. As for her first question... "If you can give to me your loyalty, as well as share it with the others who have decided to follow me, then you may come along." It was the same request she gave to all those she'd met who had showed an interest in the tribe she was intent on forming, or herself.

The sound of footfalls caught her attention, bringing the girl to glance over at the one approaching them. She recognized him immediately and greeted Jolon with a smile. "Thank you," she murmured, looking to the mouse for a moment before glancing between the male and female. Her gaze then lingered on the dark male, silently asking him if he might be open to giving the meal to the stranger. It wasn't much, but she seemed to need it far more than Asterr anyways. "This is Ezimette," she voiced, sharing the name given to her by the pale woman, for she was not yet convinced she was entirely okay. She left Jolon to introduce himself, then, before looking back to Ezimette.
58 Posts
Ooc — Ezi
Ezimette dipped her head to the new wolf, who was about her age. She studied his muscular body and thick black fur. "You have my sworn loyalty Asterr, I believe I have a fate bond with you, if you know what that is. But here and now is not where we should discuss it." Ezimette began to walk forward slowly, her long legs trembling. The word "dragon" still echoed in her mind and she shivered a bit. She was very aware of the presence of the new male and his masculine scent, which made her a bit uneasy. I guess if I am to travel with this she-wolf I should probably get used to it... she thought. Her eyes flicked among the trees while she walked, studying each one so that she could get used to the territory. (Sorry I had to leave for a minute but I'm back)
                                     ~Unknown~
210 Posts
Ooc — Marie
No problemo :D

The "thanks" that was given was more than enough to satisfy him, for him to know that she appreciated his efforts, so he was willing to give the food he had brought to the white stranger when Asterr silently asked for it. The name, however, had to be repeated in his head. It had not been a hard one to remember ,but it still felt a little foreign. Ezimette nodded at him before speaking to the dragoness about something he didn't quite follow. Had this been a recruitment? He immediately felt bad about barging in like this, knowing how uneasy it must have been for both females. I'm sorry for disrupting the peace like this, I didn't know. He said, his ears now draping against his skull. My name is Jolon. nice to meet you, Ezimette. His ears perked up again when he introduced himself to the new face.

Their introduction was cut short by the stranger standing up and trembling her way in the direction Jolon had come from. She didn't seem stable enough to walk properly, but Jolon couldn't think of a reason why. She seemed like a healthy female and he couldn't spot an injury on her legs. However, he rushed to the white female, making sure that if she would fall for any reason, he could catch her so she wouldn't land on the cold ground. Are you alright? Was the only thing he could spit out before he coughed. The long run had made quite an impact on his lungs it seemed, but it didn't bother him. It would go away with time, like it always did. Excuse me... Jolon huffed politely.
A Man with Two Souls
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
We can fade this within the next few posts, if you two are ready?

Loyalty was sworn, and so the yearling stayed true to her words. She would permit the white wolf into her tribe, though something about her following words stuck out as strange. A "fate bond" was something she was unfamiliar with, but if the name was strongly related to the meaning, then she could perhaps figure it out. Still, it was a wonder why the other seemed disinterested in discussing it upon the ridge. No matter, Asterr refrained from questioning it, certain she would receive no answers based upon the woman's wording. Instead, she gave a nod and then looked to Jolon with a faint smile, silently reassuring him. "It is fine, Jolon. Your presence is never unwelcome."

Once Ezimette had stood and began walking, the yearling was quick to follow. After the woman's previous episode, she didn't want to risk her falling over again and injuring herself further. Jolon, too, seemed concerned over the girl's wobbling, for he'd followed after her as well. When he began coughing, a look of concern took over her features. "Are you alright?" Asterr asked, throwing a glance to the pale wolf to see if she might stop as well, before looking back to the dark male. She urged him to cease his movements, hoping it might give him a better opportunity to catch his breath.
58 Posts
Ooc — Ezi
Ezimette chuffed, thinking it funny that the yearling worried over her so. "I'll be fine, I'm not an old wolf you know. I'm only...I'd say a couple of months older than him." she said and nodded towards Jolon. Then continued on, her claws sinking into the ground. She felt nervous,though, this was an irregular place and it was much to closed off by the trees for her. She wanted to stretch her long vigorous legs and run on the plains, not be trapped up in some musty forest. "Let's move out of this dark place," she said gazing up at the trees,"I need to get out into the open. I feel trapped in here." Ezimette's ears flattened against her head. This place seemed much to similar to the place where her mother had left her as a runt. How could she ever get that memory out of her head? She trotted onwards, stumbling here and there but moving on rather quickly.
She was ready to move on and start a life with this small group of wolves.Would she fit in? She didn't know, but either way, there was no going back now.
(Sorry I tried to fade it out.)
                                     ~Unknown~
210 Posts
Ooc — Marie
Okidoki, who is gonna fade?EDIT: Whops, sorry, didn't know you were fading Ezi XD Looks like Kuro will be the one to fade if she's alright with it, or we could do 1 more round but that seems rather pointless.

When Asterr followed the white female as well, Jolon stopped for a bit to catch his breath. His coughing seemed to have worried the bright spirit, for she asked him the same thing he had asked Ezimette. Jolon smiled at her concern for him.I'm good, my lungs are just not so fond of long runs it seems. He joked before coughing once more. He inhaled deeply, letting the cold winter air fill his lungs with fresh oxygen. He couldn't relax for very long, for Ezimette seemed eager to get out of this place. He hadn't even noticed that they were roughly the same age, the white female looking indeed only a few moons older than him. Jolon understood her comment on how this dark place had made her feel trapped. He, too, was never really at ease in cramped up spaces. So, with that in mind, he caught up with the two females in a slow trot. He signed to Asterr that he was ready to go when they were ready with a nod of his head.
A Man with Two Souls
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Aha, I went ahead and faded~
Ezi – I'll go ahead and add you to the ranks.

Ezimette seemed eager to leave, but the dragoness was not so quick to comply with her wishes. She waited, lingering close to Jolon until he had assured her that he was fine. Even then, she found it hard to move away from his side, as she was concerned for his well being. She also felt like she was partially to blame for his cough, since she'd left the pack's land without any real warning being given. He'd needed to search for her because of that, and so she accepted the responsibility in silence. The moment he was ready to go again, however, the girl started to walk towards the dome.

From there, Asterr continued forward, keeping close to Jolon and then checking on both the wolves every few meters. She'd taken the lead, for the most part, guiding them towards the territory. While the male might not need to be given directions, she knew the female did, and so she did not fall back to either of their sides for long periods of time until all three had reached the dome. Another member to join them, another piece to their family.