The Bracken Woods devour your kings
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 

With things going, for the most part, well within the confines of Sleeping Dragon, the time Thuringwethil spends outside the territory doesn't leave her feeling guilty. Eli and Smoke have been relatively elusive on the borders, making it difficult to assess how they really are doing. Their scents haven't been as strong and the irritation building up at the one simple task she'd asked of them has begun to develop. Instead of seeking them out and reinforcing their jobs, she'd slipped past the borders and out of Snacha's attention, and headed east the way she'd come into the valley.

She doesn't go too far and eventually the cover of the bracken woods loom over her. The dark leader doesn't go too far into the thick congestion of trees, scouting the area for any remaining scent she might have left behind. Her nor Eli strikes her attention that she might have something to worry about but the concern of her other wolves finding her remain in the back of her mind.

The sun is still high in the sky, thus she doesn't blend too much into the shadows the trees offer, but she tends to stick to them anyway for comfort. The elk the pack hunted had separated and broken off, fleeing into the woods and she'd been curious if they lingered close for their fallen brethren or continued on their run. Thuringwethil hesitates further travel, inhaling a long draw, coming up empty on anything to lead her in the right direction.
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
Ei preeriaa, ei peltoja, ei vuortenhuippuja.
31 Posts
Ooc — Marie
Things were going well for Magnus since he had crossed the border of Teekon Wilds. It was his chance to start anew, away from his evil younger sister and her mate. Away from painful memories that surrounded the area where he had come from. These were new lands for the reddish male and it felt great under his paws. Although he wished his older sister, Eirian, had come with him, he didn't dislike being on his own for a while. He had already picked up the scent of a few other wolves, so he knew it would not take long before he would run into someone. Perhaps there were even packs in this area. Oh, wouldn't that be delightful, he thought. He was a very social wolf so a rogue status didn't fit him well. He was a rund at hunting alone, his father had said. Magnus had agreed with him until the day came where he had actually caught something. Of course his father wasn't proud. He never was. But it didn't bother him anymore. He was free.

Strolling through the woods without a real plan, he had his mind set upon the future. These woods were filled with small critters, perfect for the winter to hunt. Maybe he could stay here for a while, building up strength for the upcoming spring before seeking for a pack. these woods weren't exactly friendly, but he could deal with it. Maybe the threatening appearance of the trees and the bushes would scare predators and other wolves off, keeping him safe.

His dreams of this land being uninhabited were soon shattered. He saw a female-like appearance far away from him. He considered just ignoring the wolf, but his interest soon grew. Maybe she came from a pack or some sort of rogue group, and maybe they would have him. He scratched the idea of ignoring the wolf and spending the winter in these dark woods, and instead started to follow the dark-pelted female.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The wind tickles her nose, drawing her attention behind her but she doesn't turn her head. One foot in front of the other, Thuringwethil keeps her gait even and continues deeper into the woods. The other is silent in their footsteps, but the wind against him gives her the advantage to be on guard. The scent is masculine and she considers the wolf that attacked her but it seems too unfamiliar and she tucks that away for the time being and tries to ease her mind. Her muscles tense and she keeps her eyes scanning for sudden movement coming up behind her.

It never comes and so Thuringwethil's curiosity gets the better of her. She turns just past a thicket of foliage in an attempt to hide herself so she's able to gather her thoughts out of sight. Her course chances all together and eventually, as she comes around the thick expanse of fallen branches and bushes, she's able to see the stocky male. He reminds her of her guard in Seageda, something she's yet to acquire in Sleeping Dragon, but it's on her to-do list once she's found someone she can trust. Vine had given his life to her and replacing him would not be easy.

Thuringwethil takes a deep breath and eases forward once more, back into his line of sight, but her dark grey eyes narrow and offer question enough of his purpose. Her fur bristles, making her already large form bigger, and steadies her feet should he be hostile. She doesn't make a deep, keeping her irritation at bay, but she leaves the palpable question lingering between them: why are you following me?
Trigedasleng · Common
31 Posts
Ooc — Marie
The female moved rather fast, making it hard for him to keep up without being noticed by the sounds his paws made when they hit the ground. Keeping a fair distance between them, he hadn't even noticed that the wind was not helping him one bit. It was only after studying the female's scent, that smelled like she had been around others, that he became aware of his own. Dang it, he thought, now she knew for sure there was a presence stalking her. But, if she knew, why didn't she just simply turn around? He looked around him, maybe this was a way of reeling him into danger. After he saw nothing that looked like another of their sort, he wanted to return his gaze to the big female, only to notice that she was gone. Dang it!, he thought again. His father was right, he was a rund after all. Her scent still lingered around where he was standing, but he couldn't spot the dark coat that he had been looking at for the past several minutes. He looked around again, but sadly there was no sign of her. Magnus almost wanted to turn around, but a sound in the bushes stopped him in his tracks.

It was the larger female who had used her surroundings as an advantage, something Magnus would have never thought about if he were in her position. She looked threatening with her hairs standing up and she made it clear that she was the stronger one of the two. Had he made her angry, or was she usually a bit moody like his father? Magnus dropped his tail that was wagging before she had looked at him, but he kept a swing to it, showing that he had no intentions of starting a fight. For the first time he was able to study her from the front, but the only thing that really stood out to him was a silver patch on her chest and her dark grey eyes. He avoided looking into her grey eyes with his own warm hazel ones, and kept a submissive position. The silence between them was hard for the social wolf, but the urge of talking had disappeared with one look from her. 

After a few seconds of avoiding her stare, he gave in. He couldn't stand the silence anymore that demanded an explanation for his actions. He rested his warm stare on the patch of silver on her chest when he spoke up.I-I'm sorry, I-I didn't mean it, I was just-just... He stuttered in his warm tone that was now filled with guilt. Nice move, casanova... He thought to himself sarcastically.

Wow, this may be the longest post I have ever written. It shows that I like this character more apparently XD
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
That's good! It's wonderful when characters click. :) Sorry this one is so short, it's early and I am pretty good with posting from my phone, but with the bum fingers. :(

He doesn't speak right away but the posture he acquires settles her. The hint of a smile that causes her lip to twitch steadies, hidden by the dark of her fur as he lowers his stance and gaze. Thuringwethil doesn't have much pull in these neutral lands, not like before. One step out of her territory, she was still heda. Approaching another  clan and she was still heda. These wolves don't know. She is heda here but who is she to these nonbelievers?

The male is the first to break the silence, stammering over his words and trying to find traction. He doesn't get anywhere and Thuringwethil impatiently shifts her weight as he tries to gather himself. His teeth click shut when he finishes unsuccessfully trying to cover up his mistake. She gives him a minute or two to collect himself, to speak up again with a better answer, and nothing comes. Her head tilts forward just slightly, looking down the bridge of her muzzle as if her gaze alone would force him into the ground. 

One brow curiosity raises, waiting: well?
Trigedasleng · Common
31 Posts
Ooc — Marie
It's all fine by me :) I like your writing style, wish I could typ from mah phone but no, I DROPPED THE DAMNED THING AND NOW THE SCREEN IS CRACKED! :((

The dark female did not look impatient until she shifted, giving Magnus an uneasy feeling. Was she mad? Her gaze spoke to him as it made him want to sink through the ground, she was waiting for him to explain. What was his reason for following her? He was only seeking someone to talk to, but now he wasn't sure if it had been the right decision to follow this specific wolf.

He swallowed loudly as she pushed her gaze deeper into his soul. It was the same thing his father had done to him as a pup, only more threatening now because he didn't have his pack to protect him and the fact that this wasn't his dad at all. He opened his mouth to say something, trying to get words out of his throat.I was just looking for someone to have a conversation with... He confessed in a whimper-like voice. Ears now draped against his skull, he continued.I'm truly sorry for my actions, but you seemed interesting enough to follow. His charm kicked back in, which could easily be heard in his voice. His courage grew when he compared this she-wolf to his dad, and when he saw she wasn't nearly as cruel as his father had been to him the majority of his life. He had no reason to fear the unknown.

Whopsy daisy, kinda short but my creativity is gone after a long week of learning :)
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Don't force yourself!

Thuringwethil sees less of Vine the more he sinks into the ground and solidifies that she's not ready to find another to replace him. It would take time to find another she's able to trust enough and she's lucky she's not had a reason to need a body guard so far. The day would come, she's sure; she's needed them before. The corruption in Seageda continues to leave her uneasy on any strangers propose.

His voice changes as he speaks and she stares at him a moment longer, drawing out her answer.

"So you think it is appropriate to stalk me?" she steers, a growl she doesn't know she's been been holding escapes and her lips quiver, exposing the tips of her canines as she takes one calculated step forward. The wolf may not smell like her home, or wolves she's met along the way, but that didn't mean he didn't come from that way or hadn't been sent for her. The rest of the fur along her spine prickles, puffing up in size.
Trigedasleng · Common
31 Posts
Ooc — Marie
Ughh, sorry, a friend came over so I really didn't have time to reply.

The courage only grew, and he was now able to look her in the eyes for a brief moment before turning his gaze away again. The glimpse he had caught of her face was worrying, she really seemed like the kind of wolf you didn't want to piss off. But neither was Magnus, he maybe was naive but he wasn't a fool that would let someone bully him into the ground. There had to be a limit to his submission for random strangers.

Her reply included a growl that made the hairs in the masked boy's neck stand up. He had trained fighting and had some strength in him, but he would never stand a chance against this female. Pathetic, really, as she seemed to be much younger than him. But wisdom came with years, hopefully, for when she stepped forward the boy stepped back. He kept a lower position, but his ears raised from the low position they had been in when he decided to answer.Indeed. We're having a conversation right at this moment, aren't we? He said in a nice tone, but his cockiness was going to get him killed one day. He grinned and gave a small wag to his tail, trying to turn this conversation into a nice one, rather than one that would end in useless bloodshed. He hoped that this female wasn't as fast as him, so he could make a run for it when the tables would turn.
Magnus, you should really run, this is not going to end well for you, stupid dork XD
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
He doesn’t try to pick himself up even if his tone changes, even if he dares—for only a second—to look her in the eyes. If she could puff herself out even more, she would, but she steels herself into the spot as he tries to light the situation. Her eyes move to the side of his neck, watching the fur there move with each word, before she draws her attention back to the stranger.

“Hardly,” she sneers, pushing a few inches closer and holding her glare. She backs up a few steps, putting space between them and easing off the male. “Do not follow me.” Thurinwethil waits a few seconds to let her demand sink in before she pivots a step back and turns to leave. 

Sorry for the short reply. <3
Trigedasleng · Common
31 Posts
Ooc — Marie
No problemo :) You could fade with your post if ya want to :).

His hopes for making a friend dropped when the female made it clear she was not amused by him. When she backed, he could finally stand up again. The words hit him like a rock and they echoed in his naive mind. When she turned, he almost wanted to stop her, for he didn't even know her name yet, but knew that it would be foolish. Instead he gave a friendly smile while he spoke to her back.

Wouldn't dream of it! He called out to her. The masked boy watched as his first friend stranger walked away from him, leaving him in the dark woods. When she was a fair distance away from him, to give her some time for a response if she wanted to, he turned around himself. He trotted through the woods again, ready for a new adventure. And, who knew, maybe their paths would cross again someday.