Neverwinter Forest What happened to three?
too much heart was always his problem
116 Posts
Ooc — Renee
All Welcome 
Anyone welcome, maybe a Silvertip wolf :)

Anwyl's little trip had been lots of fun so far. He'd met a wolf named Wildfire, who was very nice, and very brave. Climbing down into a canyon wasn't his most memorable part of his adventure, but he'd enjoyed it. He was now circling back around and heading back to the ridge. He was getting a little homesick, he missed the snowy forest and little green grotto where he'd made his den. Porcupine Ridge had proven to be a great place to settle down.

He had gotten close to another pack, he could tell by the mingling scents. He wasn't sure if they were friendly or not so he tried to stay clear of them, but was curious all the same. After all, he did want to meet more of Teekon's inhabitants. Perhaps he'd run into one on his way back.  The silvery white male stopped next to a large evergreen to look around, the forest was very nice. It was full of evergreens so it didn't much look like winter. He didn't mind that, he had found he didn't like winter much.
233 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Member of STM, at your service! (`・ω・)ゞ Also snagging because ayyye, we share the same name~

After his trip to the bay, Alastor had taken his time with returning to the mountain. He'd wished to spend some extra time by himself, absorbed in his thoughts rather than having to avoid running into one of his pack mates. For several days he'd remained away from Silvertip, but his presence was never far off from it. He'd lingered in nearby territories, knowing well that he'd needed to return to the pack's lands, but having been unable to make his legs move in it's direction. With each passing day, he contemplated leaving and setting out on a long journey, but that, too, was something he'd been unable to do. After all, it was only recently that he'd informed the boy of his home's location, and he didn't want to miss out on hearing the other's call—even if a large part of him doubted it would come so soon, if at all.

Deciding it was about time he returned to his pack, the foreigner made his way towards the mountain. He'd been lingering within the nearest field, and so he'd needed to loop around and trek through the forest before he could reach his destination. Of course, he could have traveled up along the glacier to save time, but having never experienced the terrain before he'd opted to stick to a more familiar route. Thus his legs carried him along through the woods, intent on reaching Silvertip's borders as quickly as possible. However, he didn't make it far before a scent infiltrated his nostrils, and he'd found himself pursuing that instead of the place he—occasionally—called home. It was another wolf, and for whatever reason he'd felt the need to seek him out. Never had Alastor been a territorial wolf, nor was he cut out to be a guardian of any sort, so the close proximity to the mountain couldn't have possibly been the reason behind his actions. Whatever the cause was, he was given no time to think, for the form of a wolf was soon well within his line of sight.

From a short distance away, he observed the male, taking in his appearance without worry of whether he'd be caught looking or not. The stranger appeared young, more so than himself, but that did not lessen his attractiveness. He was a handsome fellow, cloaked in hues of silvers and white with a hint of cream, possessing noticeably soft features. There was nothing about him that was even remotely close to threatening, so the Greek approached with a neutral demeanor. His expression was friendly, and a spark of curiosity lit up his icy gaze. He stopped a short distance away, not too close to impose upon the younger, but also not so far as to come off as impolite. "Hello," he greeted, a hint of an accent touching his voice. "What brings you so close to the mountain?" A discreet sniff of the air revealed a pack's scent upon Anwyl's coat, but to which pack he belonged was unknown.
Come on love me like a Kamekazee
We'll go down in flames together

Thread titles are from Simon Curtis' "Super Psycho Love"
116 Posts
Ooc — Renee
eyyyyyy (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Anwyl turned his head to notice another male looking his way. It was a large grey male, but he didn't look menacing. Neither was he very stealthy, for it was obvious that he was staring and observing the yearling boy. He shifted uncomfortably for a moment, not sure whether to bark and invite the male to come talk or to casually slip away. Fortunately he didn't have to make the choice because Alastor was already coming towards him. The male greeted him in a friendly, which took some of the edge out of the situation. Hello. He replied with a soft smile, bowing his head slightly and tucking his tail. 

It was clear by the other male's scent that he was a wolf of the nearby pack's territory. While Anwyl had taken his time to avoid crossing any borders, he should've only expected someone to notice him. I'm sorry if I'm too close to boundaries or anything. I don't mean to be imposing. My name is Anwyl. He looked up at the larger yet agile smokey grey male. Like Anwyl, the male had striking blue eyes, except Alastor's were a darker more vivid blue than those of Anwyl's, which were pale and icy.

I was on an expedition of sorts. You know, scouting around. I'm on my way back to my pack now, just passing through here.
233 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The demeanor of the boy took an unexpected change of direction when his tail tucked low. Though the greeting was returned, Alastor found the demonstration to be peculiar. It was the second time someone had responded to him in such a manner—albeit this time it was far more diluted than the first—and he was growing worried as to why it was happening. He'd recognized that fact that he was somewhat large, however it was mostly due to the combination of his long legs and naturally thick coat. Beneath it all he was only of average build, making him neither stronger nor weaker than most he'd encountered. If it were possible, perhaps he would have chosen to look smaller in size, if only to prevent himself from being met with signs up submission. As far as he was concerned, everyone was his equal; with the exception of his leaders, of course.

An apology was given, but the foreigner saw no reason for the younger to do so. Though settled at the base of the mountain, the forest was still a free territory and open to whomever wished to enter it. "Don't worry, you aren't imposing at all," he said. "This forest is a free land, so even if I wanted to—which I certainly do not—I could not insist that you leave." There was an obvious reason as to why he could never serve his pack as a guardian. It simply wasn't in his nature to be so territorial, even if it might be best for the pack. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Anwyl. My name is Alastor." A smile accompanied his words, further showing that he was of no threat to the younger male's safety.

When his query was answer, Alastor's ears cupped forward with interest and his tail swayed gently. "An expedition?" he repeated, needing to confirm that what he'd heard was, in fact, correct. "Are you interested in becoming a scout, by chance?" It was a trade that the Greek sought, and he was always happy to meet someone who shared the same interest.

116 Posts
Ooc — Renee
Anwyl smiled when Alastor cleared up the situation. The older male wasn't angry or anything, nor did he plan to kick him out. Anwyl nodded, and replied, Thank you! Nice to meet you to Alastor. The youngster always tried to be courteous, and respectful, especially to people he didn't really know yet. It was just the way he was. That was why he couldn't be a guardian. He'd end up talking to intruders rather than kicking them out of the territory. Alastor seemed rather interested in Anwyl's adventure, this made Anwyl smile. He was more than happy to share about his journey, he was a very open wolf and loved to talk.

Yes actually I am! I want to be a scout, and also maybe an counselor. Those are my two favorite things, exploring and being helpful, so I thought it would be a good thing to pursue. What about you? Are you a scout? The silver boy asked, curious about this wolf. There was lots yet that he wanted to ask him. Like what pack was he from, and what was he doing out in the woods? But hopefully they'd have plenty of time to talk. Anwyl was more than happy to take a break from walking and chat for a while.
233 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
There came a word of thanks, which was responded to by a slight nod of his head. He wondered what type of fate the boy would have met had someone else found him—Zaria in particular. Nothing good, surely, though he wouldn't bet a meal on that. In truth, he knew very little of his pack mates, as well as of what types of wolves they were. Conversing with them hadn't been his top priority as of late, so getting to know them was definitely out of the question. Perhaps he would remedy that situation soon, however, so he might not be viewed as a total outsider within the pack. It was something he'd consider, but later on. Currently, the traveler had captured his attention, for the talk of a journey never failed to intrigue him. As an adventurer himself, it made sense for him to seek the tales of others of his kind; maybe even share a few of his own in the process.

It was quickly made known that the younger had no problem with sharing information on himself. Depending on who he might encounter late on in life, such a trait could become problematic. Currently, though, Alastor was glad he possessed it. With a smile and a nod, he responded, "Officially, I'm not yet a scout, but I do wish to acquire the trade in the near future." It'd been too long since he'd decided to work towards anything, but the yearling seemed to alight the large interest he'd once had. The burning determination he'd possessed, once upon a time, back when the bypass was still whole. "Have you traveled north yet?"

116 Posts
Ooc — Renee
Sorry for the wait! Crazy week xp

Anwyl was glad to meet another scout. Other than Wildfire, he hadn't met many others who acquired the trade. Perhaps Alastor would be up for an adventure sometime, Anwyl always was. Alastor asked about his travels, and Anwyl nodded his head. Actually I came from the north. My old pack was up north of Teekon, so I know the northern woods well. Much colder up there though, I almost like it here better. But I guess it can be really cold anywhere you go. He did miss his old pack sometimes, but the weather was not something he missed. Winter was hard for him here, but he couldn't imagine it back at the glen. Spring  could be in the single digits sometimes, winter must've been awful.

Have you been north? You've probably been all over the place, trying for scout and all. He asked in a friendly manner wagging his tail a little. The youngster was always eager to make new friends. Especially ones who shared his interests.
233 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
It's fine! And tell me about it, aha. x-x

So he was a northerner. It was interesting, and made the foreigner wonder of what type of life he'd experienced thus far. Had he faced many hardships? Dealt with terrible blizzards and awfully low temperatures? Though curious, Alastor did not ask. He was not familiar with the boy, and therefore had no right to force his way into his personal affairs. Someday, perhaps, if they were to become friends, he would ask more questions of his homeland. For now, though, he remained quiet, only nodding his head to show he was listening. "I do not doubt that it is far colder where you're from than it is here," he stated, an amused smile forming across his maw.

"I have been north in the past, but it was not for scouting purposes..." It had been humans in the north who'd held him captive, and the north he'd eventually escaped. Though it hadn't been all bad, really, for it was in that direction of Teekon that he'd met Crëyr, and had then lived there with her and others in the bypass. "I used to live in a more northern region of Teekon, but the pack disbanded and I was left to travel elsewhere. Nowadays I've been looking south when I leave the mountain." He had forced himself to let go of the bypass and all those he knew from it, but still, he feared he would be pulled right back in the second he saw anything within that region. Anything that had a memory attached to it, a vision of a period in which he was, without a doubt, happy.

116 Posts
Ooc — Renee
Anwyl wondered why Alastor found his comments amusing. Was he really that funny? Guess so. Anwyl smiled along with the older grey male as he spoke, he too was interested in Alastor's background. He was about to ask what Alastor meant by, 'not for scouting purposes' when the mountain wolf answered some of his question for him. He nodded in understanding. He too hadn't been north in a while, maybe his next expedition would take him there.

Yeah me too. The north is pretty much all the same. Snow and cold and woods. Down here there's a lot more to do. Anywhere in particular you found to be your favorite? I've been around the south on my expedition so I guess I kind of know my way around, but it'd be nice to know about any cool places to try out next. I liked whitewater gorge a lot! I met this really cool girl named Wildfire, we explored a little down in the canyon. And there he went, with his childlike excitement. He just loved talking.
233 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Alastor could admire the younger as he spoke, finding his overall nature to be quite refreshing. He seemed excitable, sincere with his joy—cute, even, though the elder would never admit to that. He'd chased the thought away, too, as now was certainly not the time for such comments. Even if it was, in part, a compliment, the way words could be interpreted veered him from speaking his opinion. Instead, he just kept quiet, letting Anwyl go on about the place he liked and the girl he'd met. It was only after he'd finished that the foreigner had started thinking of his own answer, for he'd wished to remain attentive of the other.

"I don't think I have a favourite..." he began, brow furrowing briefly. "But I find the sea to be appealing. It isn't really in the south, but the coast remind me of my homeland so I enjoy seeing it."

116 Posts
Ooc — Renee
Anwyl watched as Alastor pondered his question. Didn't have a favorite? Ah, well Anwyl didn't really have one either. The sea though, that would be nice for an expedition to come. He began to wonder what was out there, sort of drifting away mentally from the conversations. I bet there are pirates out there. He thought with a sarcastic chuff. Little did he know that lil psychic. He then looked back to Alastor, realizing that the older male had finished talking already and was probably waiting for Anwyl to say something. His eyes widened, as he came realize that he had no idea what else Alastor had said. Yikes.

Oh cool. I've never been to the sea. What's it like there? He asked, hoping that it was somewhat related. He knew that he'd definitely heard the word sea. Oh well, he wasn't as good a listener as he'd hoped it seemed.
233 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Wah, this has gotten old. x-x;; Last post from me~

The male couldn't help but smile as he was asked about the sea. It brought back memories, many of which were good, from a time before his kidnapping. "The sea is..." What was it like? He could think of so many words to describe it, so many tales to tell, but now was not the time to divulge his entire life's story. "The sea is a wonderful place. It's peaceful, full of life but kept guarded from negative influences." So had been how the sea he'd visited as a whelp was. "The water is dangerous if you aren't careful, though. It can drag you under and drown you, burn your nose and eyes with it's salt." Like everything in the world, there was a downside to the ocean, but even still the foreigner would always treasure it.

From his side he had heard a howl, it's point of origin being the mountains he lived upon. Though he did not wish to leave behind his newfound friend, he could not ignore the call of a packmate. "My apologies," Alastor had murmured, offering a polite dip of his head before directing his attention towards Silvertip. "But I must go and see who is calling. I hope to see you again in the future, Anwyl." With that, the argent male had taken his leave, destination set for the peaks.