starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
maybe @Scimitar and @Eshe or anyone else of the Frostfur crew? :D

Curious for what wolves had come to Neverwinter Forest, Charon decided that the best way to find out was to simply go there himself. Flóki had been positive, Mason had been negative, and Ame and he had, so far, been neutral — Charon knew that Amekaze would prefer keeping the forest open, for he felt the same, but it was too far from Moonspear to really fall under their jurisdiction.

So today the young Alpha set off to visit the forest himself. It was late midday by the time he arrived. He held his body neutral, tail hanging loosely at his hocks; it was strange to be humble at all for him, so used had he grown to his role as Alpha of Moonspear, a man to be respected, but he was no fool. He knew to be respectful at another pack's borders. Charon trailed along the outer rim of the forest, sniffing the edges of the forest and trying to figure where the scent markers started. They were definitely present, he noted, and though not fully confirmed he stayed outside of them while he scouted about with neutral body language, for he had no death wish.
252 Posts
Ooc —
They were close to 'the day', Eshe felt. No, not the day--the moment. Eshe patrolled the borders and came from the direction opposite of Charon, and so was able to note him, physically, from a distance. She did not hide herself, but her furs naturally blended with the woodwork, being that she was a healthy mixture of taupe and tawny. Her plume was lifted over her hindquarters, but given his neutral stance she was not aggressively assertive. His familiar scent caused her disposition to be pleasant; she knew him to run with Floki, of Moonspear.

Hello, she greeted, ears twitching atop her head, I'm Eshe, alpha to-be of Neverwinter. To what do I owe the pleasure? she asked with a tilt of her head. She presumed that this must be one of Floki's leaders, given the scent and the way the other looked. She did not sense his begrudging, but she noted his battle-scars. The man looked distinguished, and like he had seen much... she could appreciate that. Such a look appealed to her; for her mate carried that same strength that you knew of, just by looking.

Her own strength was not of body. She was quick, fleet of foot. Training intermittently with Kaskara she learned of what strengths to utilize in a fight, and what weaknesses to play on with others. But she was not battle-born, and so did not know or think of, even then, checking for them now in the other. Floki had given a great first impression of Moonspear, and so she was disarmed and warm.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Upon her approach, Charon lifted his head and looked at her. His body language remained neutral, for he did not intend to submit (although maybe he should have). He was a King, after all. He did not challenge her, however, and it was obvious that there was no dominant intent within him. As she spoke, she seemed amicable enough, and a smile blended onto his face as she introduced herself. So this was the controversial Eshe, the woman of many faces, if he should believe both stories he had heard about her.

"I am Charon Ostrega, Alpha of Moonspear." His voice was proud, not matching his neutral body language, as he spoke his name. He did not often use his full name, for he had not known his parents and so the Ostrega name meant little to him, but as royalty, he could hardly go through life with only a first name. "I came to see how everything was doing here, since I heard about you from Flóki." He imagined that she didn't want to talk about why she had chosen this territory — maybe he would ask later, why this place of all places, or maybe he wouldn't. It'd depend on how their conversation would roll.
252 Posts
Ooc —
Perhaps, had their claim been for months rather than a week (give or take), she might have been affronted by his lack of submitting. As it was, Eshe was easygoing. He wasn't posturing, he wasn't trespassing, and he certainly had no desire to run with the wolves of Neverwinter given his just admitted role. It's a pleasure to meet you! I had thought of coming 'round Moonspear when our claim was more concrete. I'm glad things panned out this way, though, she smiled, tail waving. Really, Eshe had liked Floki and his company. She considered the boy a friend already, and so could only think well of those he ran with. Like called to like, so the saying went. The name Ostrega was very familiar to her. The Endores and the Ostregas were as good as relatives, and that was ancient history. In fact... Ostrega, she waited a beat, and then nodded. You know, I've met a coupl'a Ostregas, on the outside. Deshyr, who was sister to Verrine (though as she had not met Verrine, did not think to give his name), And her mate and kids. Deshyr is like, an aunt or something, somehow! In fact, for a little while after the massacre, it had been Deshyr and her wolves who had taken her in... but it had been a very shortlived thing; Eshe felt survivors remorse, and needed to move on. I was born an Endore, but since marriage am now Frostfur! She had never interacted with Mordecai enough to know of his lineage, or of his mates surname.

Ah, hadn't he asked a question? He had, hadn't he. She frowned. Sorry to go off on a tangent like that. Things are going just grand here. Neverwinter Forest will be well claimed by nightfall. We've done nothing but mark the borders and patrol, so, she smiled at that, tail waving. We'll be neighbors by nightfall, or next daybreak, latest! That this wolf was an Ostrega also made her heart feel like they were family... Eshe loved others with ease, so big was her heart, and that Charon was so kind as to check up on them so to speak... well, that was kind of him.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Eshe seemed like the friendly sort, and Charon figured that Mason and FitzDutiful's problems solely stemmed from the closeness of the Forest. Charon had considered helping them chase away their new neighbours, but he had no guarantee that they would do the same for him, were it ever needed. And anyway, they seemed friendly enough so far. Eshe said that she had intended to visit, but Charon was glad that he'd come around here, anyway; he didn't like sitting around waiting, so proactive was the way to go as far as he was concerned.

At the mention of Ostrega, she seemed to know the family, which came as a surprise to Charon. Mordecai was his only tie to the family — Verrine and Julooke had been too young for him to remember — and so his eyes widened in surprise that there were yet others out there. He wondered if they actually knew his mother and father, because he was so curious for them. Deshyr. He mapped the name, and said, "I only know my uncle Mordecai, no others. My father and mother, Verrine and Julooke, died when I was little. Did you know them?" His eyes shone with hope, but it was a hope soon crushed when she mentioned her surname.

Not Endore, the other one — Frostfur. Fuckfur. Fuck, wait what? Charon's expression went blank for a moment when she mentioned the name, but his curiosity overshadowed the hatred that he felt for the Frostfurs for ruining his little brother and turning him into the vengeful idiotic wretch that he was today. They should've known. They should've brought him home.

Trying to play it cool, Charon, instead of starting a fight, decided to simply ask her if she had anything to do with Jorunn's fucked-up-ness; indirectly, of course. "Since marriage, eh? How long's it been? Did you live in these parts before? I think I've heard word of other Fu—hhrostfurs in these parts before." He tripped over the word as he nearly pronounced it the way he prounced it inside of his head (oops), and grinned sheepishly.

"Ah, everything going as planned, then?" he continued on in response to what she had said about Neverwinter Forest. Luckily they were far from neighbours yet, even if their claim would be official. Charon was sure glad that it was not Silvertip he had claimed; imagine living next to the Fuckfurs. With bated breath Charon awaited her reply in regards to his family, because no matter his resentment to the Frostfurs for what they had done to Jorunn (though he felt no personal resentment towards Eshe, since she said that she was a Frostfur by mateship -- the poor girl -- and nothing was to say yet that she had anything to do with Jorunn), his curiosity for his own family was a thousand times more important.
252 Posts
Ooc —
The name Mordecai rang a vague bell. It'd been a while, but she had ran with him in the past. A lot had transpired since then... and she had a mind to go find that pack, too, when the claim was concrete, just to let them know. If they cared... she had not been in the area too long before falling head over heels for Scimitar, but that was the way of things, wasn't it? With all wolves? It was life. At least it wasn't death. Still, it would be good to inform them. The right thing to do (which she was all about).

Verrine she knew moreso, by default. Deshyr had told stories about him. A deep frown creased her features upon hearing of his fathers death... Deshyr had no idea. Deshyr had taught her all about kindness and unconditional love, and had also taught her about soul mates and things like that. Verrine was the brother of Deshyr, she told him, thinking for a moment. Deshyr was her aunt and so by proxy, that would make Verrine her uncle and Charon a cousin of hers. I didn't know Verrine or your mama personally but I've heard stories about your pop from Deshyr. I had always hoped to meet him, but none of us never knew his whereabouts or anything... suppose that was when he found Julooke, she grinned at that. If he had ever come back, he might have told Deshyr, but if he had Deshyr had not shared that information with her, likely not even thinking of it. She had four rambunctious kids to think of.

He was a really good brother. Strong and positive and hardworking, had a heart of gold, he did. I could tell you some funny stories she told us some time, if you want,

And as the next topic came up, Eshe smiled. It was not her typical beam, still saddened by the news that her sort-of uncle had passed, but the conversation was one that made her heart thrum pleasantly. Not very long, honestly, she smirked at that. It was kind of a whirlwind thing. I did live in these parts before, but not with them. I did know of them, because I had met the alpha male—my mate, now—before... but my loyalty was to my pack and my sister, first, at that point. When my sister went missing, I had to go and find her... she's the only Endore besides me that I know is left... and found Scimitar and his wolves out of the Teekon. I joined them at that point, given it was winter and it wouldn'ta been wise to be alone then... I mean, it wouldn't do my sister much good if I died in the process of finding her... she woulda been real angry, actually... With no blood trail of her sister or anything to fear, she wasn't worried for the wellbeing of Bhreac for too long. They were survivors, the two of them. Anyway, well, now we're back. My mate actually ran in these woods a long time ago, and couldn't get them out of his head. I could see why when I saw 'em for myself. So, here we are! Eshe laughed a little at that, long-winded as ever.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Luckily his surprise didn't show too much; it seemed that Eshe herself was too engulfed in the news of his father's death to notice him nearly mucking up her new family name. Recent. She had nothing to do with Jorunn, then, but Charon could not help but wonder if her Alpha Male did. He'd been here before. Been Alpha. He might be the one, though Charon had no way of knowing for sure. He still did not like their presence here, but to wage war on them over something as petty as his messed up brother... That went beyond even what Charon would do for revenge. Besides, he did intend to father pups himself this year, and he would not risk their lives or Ame's for anything.

Eshe kept talking on and on and on... and on, but a few key things stuck in the end. Mostly that she offered to tell stories of his father, and some blabbing about following her sister and finding Scimitar. Charon was pretty sure he remembered Jorunn mentioning Scimitar as one of his so-called 'adoptive parents', and he could not help but wonder jealously if Jorunn had returned to them and was living with them now. It all pieced together; Jorunn leaving, these... wolves showing up. He did not catch his scent anywhere here, but it was hard to tell what his scent was anymore now that it was no longer adorned with Charon, Ame and Flóki's, nor Moonspear's. Charon might not even recognise it were he to run into his brother now.

"That sounds nice," Charon said off-handedly, looking distracted and annoyed suddenly. Deciding not to spill all the beans now, Charon slipped back to the subject of his father. It wasn't like it was Eshe's fault — it was mostly just Scimitar and Jorunn and their no doubt loving bond that he was pissed off at. "Tell me stories of my father," Charon demanded, the anger audible in his voice and his demand perhaps a bit too fierce for a wolf standing upon another's borders; but as he spoke the words, he looked a little apologetic, hoping that she would link his anger back to the fact that his father was dead. He swallowed dryly, trying to push down his vengeful thoughts as he said: "I didn't really know him. They both died when I was little." He looked sad then, looking away, and hoping she'd have any good stories and some sympathy laying about for him.
252 Posts
Ooc —
Were Eshe anyone else in the world but Eshe, she might have bristled at the others anger. But a true empath, she felt it was not directed toward her at all. She was not privy to the thoughts inside his head, and so could only imagine it was for his loss. To bring it up again must have stung him... she felt apologetic herself, too, but did not wilt.

You don't have to explain, Eshe spoke softly. I was really angry when I lost my parents, too. I still am. The admittance was deeply personal to her, and this was something she had told no one. But Charon was family, in a way, wasn't he? She felt safe sharing this with him, and it showed in her expressive features. She was an open book. Maybe you don't think the same of me and that's okay but, I look at you as family too. I lost everyone. An' your actual aunt took me in for a while--Deshyr. So anything you ever wanna know... of course I'll tell you, she nodded to him. She had only asked because she was not sure what he felt of his late father... and now she felt she knew.

So after a beat, letting him digest this, and also giving him a moment to let her down roughly or easily or else not at all, Eshe thought of a story.

When Deshyr and Verrine were young, Desh got caught in a tree. I guess she supposed she was smaller than she was. Honestly, I'm not sure how she managed to do it. She went in rear-first. Said it looked like the perfect little area to nap. So she wedged herself in there real good. Eshe squinted, able to picture it perfectly, Deshyr in that position. But Deshyr had turned into a regal. Still, the rambunctious, silly side of her prevailed from time to time. So she napped, snug in that fallen log, and when she woke up she was ready to go. Except she couldn't go. She was stuck in that log!!! Only her head was out of the thing. Must've puffed up when she slept or something, who knows... she just knew she was stuck, and stuck real good. And who was the first person she called? She waited a bit, Yup, you better believe it, your pops! He was always helping her when she got into tough spots... in this case, literally she was in a rough spot... haha... well, he saw her there, and he didn't laugh or nothin'. Just looked at her real confused. He was probably thinking what you might be thinkin', and I definitely was thinkin' when I first heard it: how?!?!

Eshe paused at this point for air, and then went on. Anyway, your dad, he was a quick thinker. Maybe he could've called their parents, an' your grandparents, but he didn't. He figured out what to do all himself. Deshyr never did tell us what exactly he used to get her out of there, 'cept for promisin' us no pee was involved, insert bleck face here, He got Deshyr right out of there, though. And Deshyr showed us the very place she got stuck too. What else?

Your father helped chase 'yotes off with Deshyr, and was a good guardian. Always trainin' and stuff... I know on account of her son, she always would say, 'you're just like you're uncle'. There were more stories, but she could not think of any at that instant except for the lengthy one she had told him.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Luckily she figured it was because of his late father that he was angry, and she burst into another series of stories. Charon felt torn, but he couldn't deny that Eshe was a pretty friendly thing and he didn't really want to hate her. Besides, it wasn't her personally that'd done anything. She was just a Frostfur, nothing more, for the moment. His uncle could be a dick sometimes too, but that didn't mean all Ostregas were bad; he thought the same of this Frostfur, who wasn't even one biologically.

Charon soon forgot about his hate while listening to her stories. She told a story of her father saving the day, one that appealed to him specifically because he liked to think himself the knightly sort who'd rescue damsels in distress, even if he was also a King now. Charon could not suppress a laugh when she mentioned pee and made a funny face with it. When she finished speaking about Verrine, he smiled and said: "Thanks for telling me about him. It's weird to sort of know him, but still know so little about him — about both my parents." It was weird to feel kinship to a wolf he didn't even know; his memories of Verrine and Julooke both were just distant, fuzzy memories, but somehow they were still a part of him. He recognised a lot of himself in the stories of Verrine, too.

A silence fell between them and stayed for a little bit, a rare moment considering how chatty both were. Then Charon looked at Eshe and casually asked, "I'd like to meet your mate, too. Scimitar, was it?" He wanted to meet the man, see the face of the one who had taken his little brother. Map the face, and maybe some day take his revenge, if opportunity presented itself. He hoped Scimitar wouldn't be as nice as his mate, but whatever he was, he was dumb for not knowing to take a lost pup back to its pack.
252 Posts
Ooc —
O'course. And there's more where that came from, she nodded to him, a promise that she herself would keep in touch. Given she'd just admitted to him she felt they were family, she meant to prove it in the ways she could. Eshe would do what she could to make up for lost time when she could. I can only imagine, Charon, but I'm real sure he'd be proud of you and who you've become. Polite to your neighbors, and the alpha of Moonspear, to boot. If there's an afterlife, I betcha he's watchin' you from there and braggin' all aboutcha to the friends he's found. It was a pretty thought, and one that she wanted to believe in but one that she was not certain she did. Eshe was pretty agnostic by nature, but had been told of things like the afterlife in passing.

The silence they shared was not awkward or painful. It felt... good, even to the normally outspoken she-wolf who had the gift of gab. It only solidified her belief in the bond they were forging now. He mentioned her mate then, and Eshe took it in stride. By extension, her mate would be a cousin-in-law to him now; to her, it made sense. So she nodded. Well, sure! I'll see if he can come, but he might be busy attendin' to the borders on the other end of the territory, on account of we want this place to be home as soon as possible, like, tonight, even! Trouble ran into us the other day when we had ourselves a trespasser, their second by the same pack, to boot, but she was happy to let bygones be bygones so long as they were gone, and the matters settled but, well, we'd rather just be established, you know??? She didn't know that he did know, in fact, and had heard of said incident from the trespasser himself. Eshe wasn't angry over it, or even with the trespasser at this point. It was over and done with and, as she had said, settled. But she wanted to feel safe in her own home, and not have to worry about that. Sure, one could argue that she could settle elsewhere to feel that way... but this was the place her mate had seen so long ago and loved, and so really, this place was the only choice there was for her. It was emotional, yes, but she did not feel wrong for it.

She tipped her head up and howled to her mate, @Scimitar, to see if he had a moment. If not, well, they could make a visit to Moonspear together at some point. There were now two wolves she knew she'd love to see again, Charon and Floki, and one she had a hankering to meet, Wildfire.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon beamed visibly when Eshe said that his father would surely be proud if he were looking upon him today. He was convinced of this himself, too, so to have it confirmed felt good. He held no ill will towards Eshe anymore at all, even though he still felt conflicted knowing she was now a Frostfur. Why couldn't she have taken another guy to settle here? Then it'd all be a lot better. But life didn't often hand you exactly what you wanted, so Charon decided to just roll with it. He'd never even met Scimitar, though he imagined him to be a daft kind of guy, if he couldn't even figure out scouting off the coastal area after finding a puppy that had rolled out of the ocean.

"I like to think that he and my mother are looking down on me from the stars," said Charon, and he looked up even though no stars were presently visible above their heads, a smile on his face.

Eshe said that she would howl for Scimitar, and Charon nodded. She told him a story about a trespasser they'd had, and Charon wondered if she was talking about Mason. He could imagine they were eager to get settled before Silvertip decided that they weren't going to be cowardly and face their new neighbours head on. Charon would've, though he was glad that he wasn't in their shoes, since he didn't want to harm Eshe.

There was a grin on his face as he said, "I can imagine you'd prefer to settle fast. Did things end alright with that trespasser? Or did it just end..?" Charon wondered aloud, maybe to get confirmation that the trespasser indeed was Mason if she would elaborate, or maybe just because he was curious what they did with trespassers.
he came and stole the wild
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He was summoned to the borders by his mate – a voice that had his paws moving swiftly, his heart stemming with worry that perhaps something was not settling well with her. The request had been casual – but it did not necessarily bode well.

She was upon the borders – her slender figure held with a casual regality that he found rather befitted her. An ivory man stood near her, and Scimitar swept forward to the side of his mate, his own stoical mask within place as always presented to those he did not know. Aqua eyes grazed over the stranger for a moment before he planted a kiss upon the cheek of Eshe, his gaze turning lightly quizzical as he regarded her.  “We have company, I see,” he rumbled, his tone deep as his eyes drifted once more to the pale wolf. Thankfully, this one was not a Silvertip Mountain wolf.

“Welcome to Neverwinter Forest,” he offered then, his own greeting casual as he waited an explanation of why his presence had been requested.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
252 Posts
Ooc —
At his words, Eshe pursed her lips. She admitted, perhaps a bit hypocritically to her own line of thought, Me, too, in a whisper, as she spoke of her family. She glanced upward as he did and again there was a brief, peaceful interlude of silence between them. Charon asked about the situation, and she felt it was information she should feel free to share with family. They ended fine! No one hurt in either parties... and we just took it up with the leader of Silvertip, who said in a way it'd be handled. Verbatim, she couldn't think of it for the life of her at that point in time. When we came, we agreed to keep a wolfs length away from one anothers borders... and we gave 'em double that, as we've got plenty Forest to spare. You know mountains better than me, so maybe you could tell me how the hunting is on 'em? The mountains seemed so large, but maybe that was an illusion. She wasn't a mountaineer herself, after all.

They did not need to wait very long for her mate, who came beside her and kissed her hello. She mimicked the gesture sweetly, though not in a way to make any feel nauseous or question why they lingered. It was like the squeezing of a hand, a reassurance, a pleasant and adoring 'I'm glad you're here' of her wolf lingo. So glad your eyes still work, she teased lightly, her tail waving. Scimitar, this is my sorta cousin. Charon Ostrega, alpha of Moonspear! His pa is kind of an uncle. An uncle I never met but heard lots about. I knew his sister, Deshyr Ostrega, who was my aunt, and she took me in and cared for me for a while. Endore's and Ostrega's I'm told go way back. I got stories 'bout that, too, she indulged, looking to Charon, before glancing back to her mate, Isn't that just so exciting! Her tail waved again, and she veritably glowed as she exploded eagerly with the information.

Really, Eshe wanted Scimitar to meet the only family he very well could. With the others, well, dead... Her gaze panned hopefully, and eagerly, toward Charon. He couldn't know what this meant to her, but by her expression alone he very well might interpret it.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
It soon became clear that she was talking about Mason. It was kind of funny hearing the same story from two different angles. Charon was half-tempted to share what he knew about it and what a wimp he thought Mason was, but he decided against it. He didn't dislike Fitz, after all. Instead, he tried to mediate (well, somewhat) by saying, "I heard Fitz' mate is with pups, so they're probably just testy about that. I don't know about Silvertip Mountain, 'cause it's smaller than Moonspear and all, but at our mountain hunting's good. Though I'm not sure if I'd enjoy having neighbours as close to Moonspear either. I guess they just have to get used to the idea." Not that Charon himself would ever get 'used to the idea' if anyone did that to him. But then again, he wouldn't idly sit back if anyone ever settled so close to him. He would make sure they would leave one way or another. He grinned as he said, "I suppose that they didn't meet your charming self first when they arrived, so tension just rose a little. I'm sure it'll smooth over in time."

It didn't take long for Scimitar to arrive thereafter, and Charon regarded him, sizing him up while he wondered if this was really the big hero of Jorunn's pathetic life. He looked surprised, maybe even a little disdained, as though he was too good to be tending to random strangers at the borders. Charon looked over to him, offering a thin smile, while Eshe introduced him. His name was already given, so Charon wasn't sure what else to say, except, of course — "Nice to meet you." Not that it was really all that nice. Scimitar's reaction to Charon would likely paint whether he would grow to really hate him, alongside the traitor brother, or if he would detach this Scimitar from the Scimitar that Jorunn knew and loved for his own protection.
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He cast his aqua eyes on her for a stolen moment as she teased him about his eyesight, withholding a gentle wink. Instead, his mouth quirked in a small grin, though his attention soon drifted back to the ivory wolf before him. He seemed almost uncomfortable by his presence now – the tight smile offered. Eshe practically gushed about him – never had he known her to be so talkative and exuberant until their relationship started, and he wondered if it had been the stress of he and Bazi’s relationship that had done so to her over the months.

But they were content now, and he aimed to keep it that way. “You as well,” he offered in return, offering the male a nod. “It's nice to meet someone from Eshe's family” he noted, curious to what the Moonspear pack thought of their presence as well. Perhaps it helped that Charon and Eshe were related – but given the tight smile Scimitar was receiving, he wasn’t so sure.
252 Posts
Ooc —
As Charon mediated, Eshe listened and nodded her head. She understood that now; FitzDutiful had told them as much. I totally get that. When we met up with FitzDutiful, he said that, too. We just got off to a rocky start. It happens sometimes. But we're all after peace so everything is settled and since then... nothin'! so thus far, the leader had made good on his word. She was still wary, given the events that transpired last time, but since she had decided to trust them... she did just that. Since Charon knew so much, she thought he'd know if they were the sort to, well, lie and massacre if it suited them. She certainly trusted the Ostrega... by proxy, since he was family. The only family she had left. Eshe had to grin at what he next said and laughed a little bit. We did! We just got off on the wrong foot is all. I think it was the second day we'd been there, and he came stormin' in, angry that we hadn't come to his borders first to meet him! I hadn't gotten to that neck of the woods yet, so I didn't know what he was talking about, but if he'd given it another day, heck, even some hours!, we sure would've done just that. But I'm supposin' on account of the comin' kids he wasn't thinkin' all that straight. He said so, when we met again again, and apologized too... I think we're straight but, I don't know him that well. Eshe had no thanks to give the trespassing wolf, since everything probably would have been peachy had that never happened. They'd just have that trust there, untested but true for it.

Eshe hadn't noted the tension upon Charon in her excitement. Her eyes were for Scimitar, and she nosed him excitedly, tail waving, physically saying, this is family!!!! be sweet!!! give 'em your best smile!!!! Oh, was that dirt on his shoulder? She swiped it off in a quick gesture before she turned and beamed at Charon. Well, you're the first of my family my mate has ever met! Nevermind the fact that everyone else was dead: one was alive!!! It was like... it was like introducing Scimitar to her mother, for Eshe, who desperately wanted the both of them to approve. The Frostfur all but pranced in place. We should... we should all go for a hunt or something sometime, the three of us, if you guys want to, I mean--when my ma and pa were around, they always celebrated new family or homecomin' with a hunt, and, she was breathless. She'd never gotten to do that with her family, because, well, they weren't around anymore. They'd never know Scimitar. Charon was all she got left; she didn't know if Bhreac was alive, anymore, but the Ostrega before her was something of a beacon. I mean, only if you guys want, her tail wagged a bit.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
It was adorable how hard Eshe tried to get Scimitar to like him, Charon noted; gosh, she was such a nice person. How on earth did she end up with a giant grump like Scimitar? Then again, he and Amekaze were super different, too. Maybe that was just how things worked. Still, though... She deserved better. Charon kept reminding himself that he had decided to give Scimitar a fair shot, but the longer they interchanged a variety of tiny amounts of words, the less likely it seemed that he and Scimitar'd ever be friends. Charon didn't like the thinness of Scimitar's reaction, a watery and poorly hidden lack of enthusiasm in his gestures. He didn't realise at all that it was his own tightness that caused this reaction, didn't realise that he was staring into a mirror instead of a brick wall.

"Yeah, sounds great!" Charon said, agreeing to doing something fun sometimes, though he would much rather do fun things without Scimitar there, to be honest. He didn't seem like the life of a party. He tacked on, "Maybe Ame could come, too. Oh, she's my—" He faltered for a second or so before he awkwardly added, "—my mate." They weren't actually mates yet, but Charon was reading the signs well and he was sure that they would seal the deal any day now. Anyway, he wasn't in a hurry much. He knew that she was his and she knew it too, and everyone else knew it 'cause he was Alpha male and it was his mountain and stuff. Anyone who would dare stand in his way would be a fool to do so.

Charon smiled warmly at Eshe as he said, "I should be heading back. It was nice meeting you." He looked at Scimitar and said, though there was a hint of doubt in his voice, "Both of you." Maybe a double date (or triple, if Dhole and Flóki wanted to come..?) would be a nice way for them to get to know each other, but somehow Charon doubted that Scimitar'd warm up easily. He reminded Charon of Dante in too many ways for him to think they could ever be truly friends. But he was Eshe's mate, and so he would at least try.
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Eshe practically gushed about the fun the group could have together – something that sparked Scimitar’s own amusement as the tensions between the two males seemed to broil beneath the surface, for unknown reasons even to the dark agouti man. The pale wolf seemed annoyed by his presence – something Scimitar could have pegged to jealousy of Eshe’s affections had the man not mention a mate of his own – Ame.

“Amekaze?” He questioned lightly, his eyes studying the wolf before them, just as the pale wolf determined he should go. He paused, knowing the other would desire an explanation to how he knew the woman, and he gave a gentle nod. “We ran in the same pack, a long time ago,” he offered, his own gaze drifting back to Bazi. It was best to leave out that after Amekaze had followed Ferdie, their packs had then high tensions against one another, given Fox’s spitefulness.

“Pleasure meeting you,” he offered once more at Charon’s mention of taking his leave, and he shifted his weight, feeling as if he had missed something entirely from this interlude.
252 Posts
Ooc —
As Charon agreed, Eshe grinned. Said grin doubled at the mention of him bringing his own mate along... a cousin-in-law, as far as Eshe was concerned. The more the merrier! I'd love to meet her. I bet she's just great, her tail waved behind her, and she looked to Scimitar, who seemed to know the name. As he said it, Eshe was aware that no matter what the name, abbreviated or otherwise, she did not know the name and had never met Amekaze for herself. Eshe tilted her head as her mate spoke of a distant time. Oh, cool! Eshe thought aloud. Them knowing one another ought to make things smoother, she felt, and Eshe felt her excitement rise.

Charon next mentioned that he had to go, which she understood. He had a pack, after all. And a mate. Of course! It was a pleasure meeting you, too. We can talk more about the hunt next time, Eshe smiled at that, knowing he'd have to bring it up with his mate now, and that was fine by her. She moved to offer Charon a departing nudge on account of them being family and all; she'd be warm to him always, and adopted "a friend of yours is a friend of mine" swiftly. She withdrew and grinned sheepishly, aware that she had been overcome with the emotion to do just that and fretting that it might have been too soon for him. Her expression wasn't very apologetic, however, and it seemed to say: I can't be sorry for lovin' on family! I just can't!!!

She looked back to Scimitar as he spoke of it being a pleasure, too, and then, glancing to Charon, said, Safe travels home, cousin!

LET ME KNOW IF THIS PP IS UNACCEPTABLE IRIS, eshe just ................. has a lot of love LMAO
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
lmao i read your ooc text first and was like expecting a mega tacklehug! :')

It surprised Charon to know that Scimitar knew Amekaze. Without realising other possibilities he asked, "You were part of the Sunspire?" He knew Ame had lead there for years and had been a member before then, so to Charon, it was like as though it was her only home, ever; after all, she had lead there longer than his own very lifetime. It surprised him, and the surprise was written clearly on his face. "Yes, Amekaze." His previous question had pretty much confirmed that it was, but though he was lagging behind the facts Charon gave an answer anyway.

Eshe's nudge was returned with a somewhat awkwardly placed nudge to her shoulder to show that he didn't mind; Eshe was pretty nice, and though he had wanted to hate her when she said she was a Frostfur it was just pretty much impossible. There weren't many wolves that Charon instantly liked, but she was somehow one of those instances where it did. "Thanks, see you later!" Charon said in departure and he turned round then to make his way back home to Moonspear, with mixed feelings stirring in his gut. He had to tell Flóki about this.
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Exit Scim
Scimitar did not have a chance to answer that it hadn't been the Sunspire he had been a member of, as the ivory male was quick with his goodbyes. He saw no immediate reason to correct the wolf, and as Charon departed, the large male gave a shake of his pelt, as if dismissing the scrutinizing glares he had been under.

Casting a glance to Eshe, he gave her a playful nip in her direction before cantering back to the heart of their forest, wondering if the duo would spend the rest of the day in one another's company.