Broken Antler Fen Evening Adventures
Delta
Never Gonna Grow Up, Never Gonna Slow Down, Caught Up In A Southern Summer Barefoot Bluejean Night.
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
All Welcome 
@Kinra : Brandy could use someone to make friends with if you want? :3 Anyone welcome to join at any time!

Long, bronze fur rippled across lean muscles to mingle with cream under fur and russet stockings of the same length, the silky fur weaving in and out of itself as the yearling Brandy padded along through the dusky woods with the sun starting to dip below the horizon. Her belly was stuffed with duck, her new nest lined with the feathers of her prey, but Brandy was too restless to lay down. Leaving her mother to enjoy a brisk swim on the springtime evening, Brandy wasn't sure if she was hunting or just exploring; as she heard the sigh of the forest settling down, she knew she probably wouldn't find much to eat. She traveled deeper into the marshlands and began to memorize her new home, wondering if she'd come across any other of the wolves of Broken Antler Fen.
Zeta
Follow the light to your destiny. If you don't I'll make you. :)
130 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
It's Kinra! :P

To have an advantage on beasts and outsiders it was best to first know the lands inside out. Being in heat did delay the exploration since she found it necessary to fall back to a safe area. That area just happend to be with Sebastian although honestly as she thought about it she could have just found some quite place that was far from everyone. But for some reason she went to Sebastian. She wanted to ignore the fact that being in heat had something to do with it. She decided to stick with the idea that Sebastian just needed a Knight to assist him and his pack, That felt more like a valid reason.

Kinra stood on a high point and scanned the area. She just so happend to see another wolf among the marsh and decided to make an approach. Unlike the time with Sebastian she didn't try to hide her presence here. She assumed that the young wolf was one that Sebastian had accepted, A young ally, definitely inexperienced and likely had no training. Although being out alone does open up a chance to earn some experience it was still dangerous. As long as there is help nearby then a little adventure couldn't hurt.

She called out. "Watch out for aggressive snakes! They can be hard to spot if you are not careful!"
Delta
Never Gonna Grow Up, Never Gonna Slow Down, Caught Up In A Southern Summer Barefoot Bluejean Night.
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
I'm so so sorry D: 

Brandy jumped as she was pulled from her thoughts, turning to look at where the new scent and voice was coming from. Her lemon eyes fell upon a big silvery she-wolf of many shades, standing on a rise above where she was plodding through the marshlands. It took a moment for Kinra's voice to reach her, and another moment for her words to process in the yearlings mind. Snakes? Brandy knew of snakes, Ambrosia had pointed many out to her in their adventures for the same reason of making sure Brandy was safe. The bronze she-wolfs first reaction was her stubborn anger, but it soon diminished as she not only realized she HADN"T been paying attention, she also told herself that this newcomer was trying to help. Smiling kindly and taking a step towards the knight, Brandy answered the female. "Thank you for the reminder, I'd almost lost myself in thoughts; surely not looking for any snakes." She was unable to tell how big or old this she-wolf was compared to Brandy herself, and the bronze and russet female stepped carefully but confidently forward again to close a few feet of the gap. She flexed her lean muscles under her pelt, suddenly worrying about what she would do if this wolf attacked. Even from a distance, Brandy quickly came to the conclusion of turning back to find Ambrosia, or even Sebastian, as she shifted even closer. For a moment, anger seared up in her belly at the thought of being a child; she didnt need to run, to hide behind her mother like a frightened pup! Brandy was officially grown and an adult, even if just barely, and clearly resenting the fact that she knew she would have to run. Against this other female, Brandy was obviously less experienced and more wild, even though the two couldnt have been more than a year or so apart. Ready now to turn and take off if need be, Brandy finally stopped moving when she was at the bottom of the rise. "Are you of Broken Antler Fen as well?"
Zeta
130 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
Lost in thoughts while wondering around felt like something Kinra would do as well. It definitely wasn't the best thing to do when out on an adventure though. Without any senses on alert there comes risk of encountering unwanted problems without the possibility of escaping it. It's kinda of strange to think that she was once like that. It only proves that over time one can improve. Kinra closed the distance between the yearling. First she around to make sure the area was actually safe before turning to face the young female. "Don't worry, as long as you don't provoke them, they won't harm you."

Kinra answered her question. "No, but I've been recently accepted as Sebastian's Knight. Even If I wasn't I doubt we would be enemies." Although her attention was towards the young wolf she kept a very watchful eye around. Sebastian may be settling a pack here but that didn't mean the area was under his control. For now there was still nothing dangerous. "I'm Lady Kinra, I hope you don't mind me interrupting your little adventure."
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Brandy stayed still as the older she-wolf approached, but settled as she saw no aggression and listened to her words. The bronze yearling flicked her ear and smiled, choosing to politely stay quiet at the snake comment than tell this kind wolf she already knew. She kept an eye on her surroundings as they conversed, another thing her mother had strived to make sure her daughter did even when the young wolf zoned out. "So you'll at least be around then, Lady Kinra?" At least thus far, Brandy liked Kinra; she seemed like a noble, kind wolf and someone Brandy would get along with. Perhaps a friend, even. "My name is Brandy. My mother, Ambrosia, and I came here just earlier today and met Sebastian. You didnt bother me, in fact I was getting kinda lonely. Would you like to adventure with me? Safe way for both of us to learn the territory, safety in numbers and all." Brandy offered sincerely, tail wagging and lemon eyes hopeful.
Zeta
130 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
She nodded "I'll be around for a while." Brandy then introduced herself. Kinra did find it a little strange that Sebastian recruited a mother with a child. The young wolf didn't really look like a kid anymore but there were still signs of it. It's not like she expected a whole group of fresh ready to learn recruits to be what she had to deal with. Instead she was going to be paired up with wolves who weren't Knights. She wondered where everyone's talents were. If it ever came to training all she could really do was teach the very basics unless of course it has something to do with hunting or plants. There she would be able to give an expert's point.

The young female really did want to go on an adventure. Kinra was asked to tag along. "Being in pairs is safer, Alright I'll join you." She said as she moved in to stand at Brandy's side. "Lead the way." Kinra encouraged. "I'll watch your back."
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Brandy smiled and trotted off, tail wagging as she sniffed around with her mouth slightly open. She was glad Kinra had agreed, but couldn't help but miss the way the silver she-wolf looked at her. The fiery bronze and russet she-wolf kept an eye on her, but at the same time rationalized that Brandy was raised differently than Kinra, and they were bound to think each other odd at some points if they became friends. Brandy just focused on where she was going, for once, being sure to also listen to her surroundings. "So, where are you from?" She spoke over her shoulder as she glanced around the darkening marshlands for anything interesting, anything worth remembering or making a landmark of. "I was born a few weeks North of here, though I only lived there a few hours before my mother took me to raise me as a loner. That was nine, almost ten months ago." She chatted like a lively little sparrow, trying to make friends with the silvery female. However, lacking social skills due to being raised a loner, Brandy probably sounded more awkward than kind; though she at least hoped the message was conveyed.
Zeta
130 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
The adventure began for the little party. After a little while Brandy asked her question but before Kinra could answer the young female started to answer that question as if Kinra was the one to asked. She didn't mind, the question would have been asked anyway so it made no difference. "Mhmm, so you became an adventurer the moment you were born? That is interesting, Your mother must surely know how to take care of herself, I'd like to meet her." To be able to survive with a child sounded tough. Even Kinra never had such training, she wondered what it was like.

After a little moment of looking around she concluded that it was still safe so she continued the chat. "As for me I believe I came from the far west. It's a little hard to tell since I've exploring more than anything as I traveled." Most of her attention went back to Brandy. "Could you tell me what you learned so far?"
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
"Yep, adventurer from the start. My mother taught me everything I know, she's great." Brandy beamed in pride of Ambrosia, glad that she'd gained her mother a possible friend. After a moment, Kinra shared her own story and the bronze she-wolf listened while she sniffed at a bush. At the question, Brandy looked back at her silvery companion with confused lemon eyes before shrugging and giving her an answer. "My mother was trained as a protector in her pack, and she passed that on to me. Defending, attacking, one on one. Never got the chance, but she wanted to tech me group fighting.... I'm a much better hunter though, especially birds. I'm not exactly tiny, but I can move around pretty quiet. My mother taught me the basics, like stalking and how to go against the wind, but I developed a lot on my own. Climbing, ambushing, fishing, things like that." She listed what she could think of her skills, hoping it satisfy Kinra's question.
Zeta
130 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
As Brandy talked and shared Kinra took the time to look at the surroundings once more. So far there was still nothing caught by her eyes. She managed to listen to all of what the young adult said. The Knight grinned. "So you are like me, except I did everything but fishing." Out of all the training she had done there was nothing about fishing. It annoyed her to have discovered a hole in her hunting mastery but maybe she could learn it while on the job here.

Kinra stepped ahead a little and realized there was an interesting scent lingering around. It matched one of a boar. "Hunting is a very important trade. I believe it helps in many ways. You can hunt to protect and attack similar to a warrior, It's simply done in a different way." She looked around a little more to see if the boar was nearby or not. It didn't seem like it but a boar can be dangerous but against two wolves it likely didn't stand a chance. She turned towards the young female. "Do you smell that lingering scent brandy?" She asked. Kinra wanted to know how much Brandy did know, if she didn't recognize it then she would be happy to teach her what is out there.
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Brandy smiled, pleased to know she couldnt do something that the older she-wolf couldnt. So far, she really liked Kinra, wagging her tail as she scented with her mouth open. The bronze, cream and russet female was trotting along, beaming in pride, when the scent hit her. Seconds later, Kinra stopped and asked if Brandy could smell it. Seeing the challenge clearly, the young wolf was furious that she couldnt put a claw on it. She'd scented it one other time, but her mother didn't bother to pursue. What had she called it.... No use dealing with pigs she'd said. Pigs!
         "A pig?" 
Brandy spoke with her head tipped, yellow eyes watching the knight for an indication of approval or denial; she recognized that Kinra could teach her things not even her mother could, and if she could then she would be a better packmate for it. She knew, however, that she wouldn't be hurt by denial or the tough process of learning, and would just let it strengthen her.
Zeta
130 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
The Knight waited for an answer and then a little longer to see if Brandy would change it. A pig was a good answer, It wasn't the exact answer but a pig and a boar were nearly the same. It would be easy to mix their names but at the same time it was fine since it's basically the same thing. Kinra nodded "We could call it a pig." Then she proceeded to explain a little more. "But, the exact name is a wild boar. They are similar to pigs but boars are much more dangerous." She took the time to look around again.

Still no sign of anything she turned back towards Brandy. "Boars have large tusks, if you are not careful they will deal some serious damage. It's always better to hunt them in pairs since boars usually fight back."

Hunting a boar and prove to be very dangerous alone since one mistake can even kill get the hunter killed. Prey that fight back are more exciting than to usual prey. Kinra wouldn't mind trying to take down the boar alone. It would be tricky but with all the training she had she was more likely to succeed.
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Brandy listened carefully to Kinra, soaking up the information and drawing the scent into her mouth to memorize it to what she was learning. It was more musky than the odor the pink, fat pigs carried, and this one naturally made the yearling cautious. 
          "Not those squishy pink ones, certainly?"
Thinking harder, she was sure she'd never seen one of those pink slobs with tusks. They weren't really dangerous, but these boars seemed very much so.
                    "My mother and I came across boar scent once, but we didnt follow it. Said the pig wasn't worth the trouble. I don't know what it looks like." 
Brandy looked around again, half-hoping the swine would show itself just to give her the experience. Did Kinra want to go after it?
Zeta
130 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
Although she wanted to go after it she had to hold herself back. There were more important task she had to do like scouting everything around the soon to be pack territory. The surrounding marshes were interesting and had loads of animals to hunt. The most interesting one was the scent of the boar that was recently discovered.

"No, these have dark colored fur. But it's very likely that they taste the same." Kinra had never come across a pink colored pig before but she was aware of their existence. The problem seemed more like the pink pigs can't survive very well out in the wild, that was her opinion.

Brandy said that they came across a boar scent before. Kinra nodded. Given how a boar can be very dangerous it was understandable that it wasn't worth the effort. For Kinra, she found hunting boars to be quite fun. "It was likely the best choice to leave it alone, your mother probably didn't want to risk an injury." The Knight stepped forward again and then answered. "Imagine a fat pig with dark colors and fangs the size of your paw, that's the general way they look like."
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Brandy nodded as she accepted the information presented to her, believing Kinra to give her correct facts. As she looked up at the dusk sky, she sighed and realized that hunting something dangerous at night would be a very bad idea if they weren't careful enough. She held her paw up to her face, trying to imagine the boars before shaking her head and pushing on. 
         "Next time, I suppose. We're pack mates now, I would assume we'll have other chances to hunt."
Zeta
130 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
I suppose we can end it here, I'll leave it open if you want to add one more post, if not we can archive it :P

It's true that it was getting a little dark to be hunting around. It would be fun to attempt such thing but that would be a little too risk even for her. "Today was really all about exploring. We will hunt the boar when the time comes." She said as she moved forward. Now exploring would really be difficult to do during the night so it seemed to be best to turn and head back. "It's almost time to turn in. Let's head back to everyone." She turned and began the return at a steady pace. Kinra could stay out there longer but she figured it was best to return with Brandy, just to make sure nothing happens.