Neverwinter Forest never relent
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
After his trip down to Silvertip Mountain, Charon next dropped by Neverwinter Forest. It wasn't far from the mountain, but he moved down the borders a bit until he had his home at his back. It was midday by the time he arrived, and the promise of spring hung in the air and melted with the scent of Neverwinter's borders. Charon's nose twitched as he smelled the air and he could not help but wonder if there'd be little ones in his near future. It was spring, promise of pups, and though Ame hadn't been in heat when they mated he could not help but wonder if maybe... Time 'til Ame would be in heat seemed to tick by ever slowly; he could barely wait.

Yet he was there for another reason today, one that was darkly related to what was most frequent on his mind. He'd raced off to find someone, anyone, who could tell him about this 'Goober' fellow after he'd heard what he had done to Dhole. There were no excuses for harming any of Charon's wolves, let alone those who were not but his subordinates but his friends, too. A stern tone in his voice, Charon lifted his nose to call for @Eshe , hoping his sort-of-relative would come swiftly.
252 Posts
Ooc —
The sound of her relative calling had Eshe running through the woods at a quick pace. She hadn't been too far off, but certainly far enough that he would wait longer than he did the last time. Eshe had heard the soberness behind the note but still could scarcely contain her enthusiasm; her cousin was coming to visit, again! Warmed her heart it did... and she promised that she'd visit them, next. Floki hadn't made it around for his second visit yet, but Eshe didn't think too hard about that; sometimes, things got busy. You couldn't help what came up, and Eshe didn't hold it against him any. Maybe she'd surprise him with a visit, though! ...well, she'd have to scout out potential date spots for their double-date... she didn't know this lay of the land much...

Her thoughts got ahead of her. But then she burst through the threshold and there he was! Her smile was from ear to ear. Well hey there! Welcome back, cousin o'mine! Eshe withheld from approaching him and nuzzling him fondly... they'd get there, she told herself, but now might be too soon for all that for him. Sometimes she just couldn't help herself, but at the very least she didn't thrust herself through his personal bubble right off the bat. Recalling the tone which he had requested her in, Eshe's ears twitched atop her head. What's goin' on???
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Luckily it didn't take long for Eshe to show up after he'd called, cheerful as always despite the heavy tones his call had carried. Ears tipped forward as she greeted him warmly, and he felt the urge to reach forward somehow; there was something infectuous about Eshe's enthusiasm and warmth that made Charon want to mirror it, even though it was very uncharacteristic for him to. The gods knew how in the world someone great like Eshe had ended up with a dick like Scimitar. Anyway, for now, Charon pushed Scimitar from his mind, 'cause he didn't want to ruin things between himself and Eshe, and he wasn't here to badmouth Scimitar, either.

"Hey!" Charon said with a fondness to his voice that he couldn't hide as he spoke to her, feeling a strange warmth. "I've actually got pretty shit news. I'm looking for a dick named Goober, who badly hurt one of my wolves and good friends. I'm going around the area asking if anyone knows where I can find him." Dhole was possibly more than 'a good friend' to Charon, but he didn't care to delve into the depths of his relations to her or how much she meant to him. Charon had a very small group of strong friends surrounding him, but those that he had he cared for intensely. The same went for the way that Goober'd hurt Dhole. He didn't want the whole valley to know that Dhole was raped 'cause it'd not help at all building her confidence back up and anyway, it was irrelevant what he had done, exactly. Charon's closest would know that if anything made him go after another wolf for the sake of someone not-himself, it was bad enough.

Charon itched to tell Eshe about himself and Amekaze too, but he decided to leave it for later. He could always tell her later, when she did or didn't know about this weirdo named Goober. Who the fuck was called 'Goober', anyway? Were his parents equally retarded as the sick bastard himself for even naming him that in the first place?
252 Posts
Ooc —
The warmth in his voice only caused Eshe to grin even more. Somehow such a thing was possible for a woman who just couldn't smile quite big enough. He got straight down to business, and it took her thirty seconds to get exactly what he was here for. A strange series of events happened. Firstly, her stomach dropped. She knew Goober. Had thought him a friend. But he had hurt someone. Hurt a friend of her families. It was amazing what she went through in the span of thirty seconds more; her affiliation to her family won out, no question or time to debate, but her disappointment in herself ran deep. She'd helped that guy... she thought him... a good wolf... And she'd given him information that was valuable. She had some work to do. Dangit.

I know him alright. He was nothin' but nice and smiles and happiness when we met. Shoot. I've gotta find him. Shoot. Last we spoke, he was heading to... to the maplewood, where the Redtail wolves relocated to. He has a friend named Smash who was looking for them and he was helping this Smash out... She felt like an idiot. She grimaced. I helped him. I helped him, and what if... it would be all of her fault, if he continued his streak of terrorizing and hurting others. She didn't know to what extent he hurt the wolf he spoke of, but she could only assume he had attacked repetitively. She had believed in him... he had seemed, acted, so nice... But she wouldn't explain all that away. She sucked in a breath, kept her composure. He owes me a favor. I'll go and find him, and warn who I gotta warn before that... Eshe felt it was on her to do this, given she'd assisted him as she had. ...I can bring him close to you guys. If he hurt one of yours... he's going to want to steer clear of your scent. She had to pay her penance for assisting a villain. She was the very picture of regret as she spoke.
he came and stole the wild
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
The call hadn't been for him, but he was quick to respond nonetheless. Given their neighbors and recent news he had received regarding Moonspear, he only intended to take a glance of the situation before allowing Eshe her space should she desire it. 

Eshe was quick to beat him to the caller, and he hesitated behind a bit, wondering if Eshe desired time with her cousin. How was he going to tell her that the ivory male had done nothing but slander his own family? It wasn't a situation he understood entirely, nor had he pressed for details from Jorunn. But it also wasn't something he would let slip to the shadows.

BBut it was Eshe's sudden droop that stirred him forward, and missing the conversation, the regal cast a quizzical and almost distrusting glance to the Moonspear alpha. "Eshe, what's wrong, love?"
a crime so old as the sky and bone
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
The way Eshe's mood turned sour almost made Charon feel a little guilty for telling her just like that. He hadn't actually counted on the fact she knew this dude; he'd figured that she would say no, and he'd go on to look for Goober some more. When he set out from Moonspear, this was exactly what he'd expected to happen, so that he could quickly get his revenge out of the way and not feel so steaming angry, but during his journey to Silvertip and then back here, he'd actually started to think maybe it wouldn't be all that easy. And here it was. She knew him. She knew where he'd gone. To some maplewood someplace, apparently near enough for her to go there.

With an uncharacteristically sympathetic frown on his face Charon came a bit closer and stretched his neck to touch his nose to her cheek in an awkward attempt at comforting. "Hey..." he said softly, much in the same voice he'd used on Dhole when he found out what Goober had done to her. "It's not your fault. He was probably acting all nice-like. You should just be lucky that he didn't try anything funny with you and that you're alright." Charon wasn't sure if his attack on Dhole had been a freak accident or if he did this all the time. But whoever he was, he was probably a clever manipulator, shown by the fact that Eshe had fallen for his charade, too. For a split second as he pressed his nose against Eshe's cheek in comforting gesture Charon wondered if it was possible this was all an elaborate hoax set up by Scimitar, and that the Neverwinter wolves were actually protecting this Goober and had a story all laid out... But in the end Eshe's charisma as well as Charon's willingness to find this dude won out over his suspicion and he pushed it aside.

Her offer was much appreciate. Charon hadn't even considered that he'd want to stay clear of Charon because Dhole'd smelled like him and Moonspear, too. It made sense, although in Charon's theory the guy was either snivelling in that hole somewhere terrified, or clever a manipulator enough that he'd probably think he'd weasel his way out of this one, too. Though Charon felt the immediate urge to march right on over to this Phoenix Maplewood Eshe mentioned, he restrained himself, since Eshe was probably true. The plan'd have more chance of working out if Charon wasn't involved... At first.

"Alright. Yes. I mean, if you'd be willing to do that for me, that'd be fantastic." Charon smiled at her as he withdrew from the closeness. It seemed unreal that she would go this far for him, but Charon wouldn't be Charon if he took help offered and then some. "So what's the plan? You find him and then bring him to us? What if he gets suspicious? Maybe you should bring him to your pack for like, a sleepover or whatever and send someone to gather me and Flóki so we can drag him home? He might get suspicous if you'd bring him to Moonspear." Charon just rambled up every single thought he could find while he tried to formulate a plan, clearly very eager to get back at this Goober dude. Not unimportantly he realised that he still didn't know what the dude looked like and was quick to ask, "What's he look like, anyway? So I'll know when I see him."
252 Posts
Ooc —
Eshe sighed into Charon's touch, disappointed in herself even still but thankful for his understanding. It was a life lesson, for sure. You think you could trust someone, and then they turn out to be some violent person. You think you have a new friend and bam! None of that applied to her newly formulated relationship with her cousin of course. He was nothing but kind to her, and really, all the blood she had left. That truly did matter to her. It was clear she trusted the Ostrega implicitly. Charon seemed keen on her idea in any case, and she was glad for it. For her error, she'd have to do something. She certainly did count herself lucky... and she nodded at his words. She only worried that her help had given him time to harm more wolves. The fault was on her, she felt, for that much.

Of course, she remarked to him, We're family. And I can't let him hurt anyone else, either... I have to warn the Maplewood wolves. If he'd gotten there before she had... which was likely, it'd been a while... perhaps they could aid her. But all this would be complicated. All this needed more figuring out.

She turned thoughtful. Eshe was no tactician, but she couldn't tell a lie for anything. Your Floki and I have a double date we planned. We never set a date or anything... but I can ask him for his help with that, gathering... flowers and getting some place all set up and nice to surprise Scim... and his girlfriend... I don't want to give him the chance to harm any of my wolves, so he won't sleep here... we'll need... to find some middle ground... some place to meet up, or some place the 'date' would be. As far as what he looked like? Not very big, probably a bit bigger than me, given he was a male... Brown eyes... and brown colored... and tan, too... with some blacks... Agouti in pattern, but she hadn't the name for it.

It was then Scimitar came, and she exhaled heavily. I'm an idiot, Scimitar. That Goober, he attacked one of Charon's wolves and friend... I... gotta tell the Maplewood... Warn them. Find him. She would not put Scimitar's reputation in jeopardy for her own belief in another. She had wanted to head toward the Hollow, anyway... then, she could inform the Maplewood first and foremost of this newly gained intel to avoid 'bad man Goober'. The Frostfur woman glanced back to Charon, then. Anythin' else we need to know 'bout him, attack wise? ...Tactics... She was no warrior woman, but tried to remember terminology Kaskara had mentioned.

The three of them together could spitball the perfect plan to get this guy. So long as Scimitar didn't despise her for being, well, a moron.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
oops, i totally missed Scim's reply in my previous post so i'll just say Charon was derpy and didn't notice him yet :-) edit: and omg i only now realised that i had skipped over scimitar with this reply in the post order. i'm sorry, rachel! x _x; i'll stick to the order from now on, derpy derp

Eshe explained that Flóki had mentioned a double date, which surprised Charon a little. This must've been arranged before Dhole had gotten assaulted, when they were still mates (or were they now? Charon wasn't even really sure, but not in the same way as before, surely), and before Flóki knew that Eshe was a Frostfur too. It seemed like a good excuse, but not just that. It seemed very fitting that Goober would be lured into a trap pertaining Dhole in some way. "Great! Just..." He hesitated a beat or two, "Better not mention Dhole's name, though. I mean, Wildfire." Maybe he was betraying exactly who it was that Goober had attacked, but he didn't want to take the risk that Goober would realise he was being tricked. "Maybe just say it's for some friends, and he doesn't gotta know their names? Otherwise maybe this Goober dick might have met either of 'em and know they're from Moonspear and get suspicious."

As for middle ground — "Maybe Firefly Glen? It's pretty romantic with the bugs at night, and near enough to Moonspear—" Charon hadn't noticed Scimitar's approach at all, so focused was he on his conversation with Eshe, and he startled a little when he saw the Alpha there. It wasn't because he was getting cosy with Eshe moments ago, or anything; he was only doing that to comfort her, and anyway, they were related in some way or another. Oh, and he had a mate. Yet he halted his sentence midway and only when he realised how ridiculous he had to look Charon quickly tacked on, "— Ehr, close enough so that we can be easily fetched." The look on Scimitar's face didn't go unnoticed, and Charon squinted his eyes a little. He didn't like Scimitar. And it wasn't just the Jorunn thing. It was just that he reminded Charon a lot of Dante, what with his 'I'm better than you' stare. Wolves like Dante and Scimitar just thought that they had the right to feel better than others 'just because'. They didn't understand that Charon had worked hard for all that he had and that he had earned his status. They didn't understand that Charon and his wolves were chosen, and that there were reasons that their mountain elevated them physically above the other wolves. They didn't understand that he was the chosen child of the Gods, a thing that had been proven to Charon by the series of events in his life that had shaped him into who he was today.

Yet he decided to give Scimitar another chance, if not only for Eshe's sake, and swallowed his irritation towards the Neverwinter Forest Alpha for the moment. "Hello," he said eventually, which probably sounded kind of silly following his awkwardly cut off sentence and the silence which followed in which Charon poorly hid his dislike for the Frostfur. "Don't go alone," said Charon swiftly when Eshe asked for tactics. He softened again as he looked at her and said, "Actually, maybe... Is there any guy who could take care of this instead? My friend was raped." He knew others had a hard time pronouncing the word, but Charon had no qualms with it. The facts could be out on the table. "I can't believe I was going to let you go after him alone." It sounded pretty dumb as he said it, 'cause he probably should've prohibited her from going in the first place, but only now that she asked about it Charon realised the risk. He forgot that not all females were of the shield maiden type, like Thistle and most certainly Amekaze.
wot wot
195 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Hope you don't mind this shameless late arrival to the thread! ^__^;; This plot is so awesome I couldn't resist. Pls feel free to nudge Goldhawk out of it tho~

The warrior bard had his head underwater when the howl went up, so couldn't hear it. He was also singing nonsensically... in one big experimental exhale — when waters rise and bubbles bloop, I'd try a river on for siiiiiize. ♫ He pulled his head majestically back to the surface. Well, that was probably quite the show for the mermaids, wot, he concluded contently. But then he sat upright, wet head dripping, nose twitching. There was an unfamiliar scent nearby. A wolf on the borders, not of Neverwinter.

Goldhawk shook his fur quickly, droplets flying every which way, then moved swiftly to interrogate the visitor. But as he moved from behind a thick grove of trees, he encountered, instead, Neverwinter's two good-looking high-ups. Ah, do excuse the wanton interruption, he bowed his damp head gracefully to them. I'm on the trail of a stranger who —... he paused. Head still bowed, he realised suddenly that he was looking at a rather handsome pair of stark white paws. He looked up. Yes, there was the stranger. And it appeared entirely that said stranger was a friend to the Alphas. Goldhawk blinked, but regained his composure swiftly. This'll be the chappy then, he confirmed brightly. Excuse me once again, I'll buzz off — unless I might be of any service m'lady m'lord? he asked the pair, one forepaw hovering mid-manouvre.
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
His entrance – usually something that at least warranted a glance from those gathered, given his size, revealed nothing. Charon barreled forward, so lost in thought that he barely seen the man coming forward until the last moment. Amusement flickered in his eyes, and his muzzle opened to speak of it, despite his hesitations of Charon, when Eshe’s words all but drained the humor from his features.

Goober had attacked a Moonspear wolf, and they had all but sent him knocking on Saena’s door.

Forgotten was the coldness that practically rolled from Charon’s form toward Scimitar himself f—something the man had now managed to piece together at the pale wolf’s contempt for saving Jorunn as a puppy – and a story that would now have to wait to be discussed between the two men. His muzzle swung in the direction of the Moonspear Alpha as he spoke, his own features becoming stormed in their quiet rage at the words now spoken. “Raped?” He paused, his jaws tightening. “Is she okay?”

His eyes swept between both, his tail giving a lash to reveal his anger. “I’m going North to Saena to warn her – if I see that bastard I’ll kill him.” His voice was low, his words set in stone – yet it was not his loved ones just yet that had paid the price from this Goober, and his gaze trained upon Charon once more. “Unless you’d like him alive.”

It was then that Goldhawk arrived - chatty as a normal, and causing Scimitar's teeth to grind further. “Goldhawk,” he greeted with a nod, his mind drifting to how to keep the forest protected during his absence. “This is Charon, the Alpha of Moonspear.”
252 Posts
Ooc —
SOMETIMES IT HAPPENS WHERE UR SO LOST IN THE MOMENT U JUST MISS SOMEONE ELSE!!!! I've done it before LOLOL

As he told her the name, Eshe swallowed a very thick wad of saliva. Floki's Wildfire, she thought... and Eshe felt quite at a loss. This was no wolf of her own, but she adored Floki, and had been so eager to meet Wildfire. That she was attacked caused Eshe to worry... and she tried to think of herbs she could give Charon to assist him in her healing. She didn't know the wound ran deep, and how deep, and that though there was nothing to see at the surface it was by no means superficial. She nodded her head, and agreed. Makes total sense. I'll tell him I just want to surprise my beau on a date-night and have a lot of setting up to do... and need some help. She felt them very clever, she and Charon, and despite the sour mood of everything, had to smile at the team they were making. Ostrega's and Endore's were compatible indeed, she thought... but she exuded that very thought, and wondered if Charon thought or felt the same.

Location location location. As he brought up the Glen, a place she'd never been to, she was intrigued by it. It sounded quite romantic... and as his explanation paused, Eshe watched him look over her shoulder. Ah, if it wasn't her favorite of companions, the love of her life! Who knew her so easily, and who she felt would know her even if she was not the open book that she was (font size: 20, so there was no mistaking what you read). Okay, cool. Maybe you could show me exactly where you'd want us to be so I know not to be too far off from where you guys are lurking... she thought aloud, and then frowned. Don't show me exactly where, though, she was terrible at surprising people. She'd give them away with her constant glancing to exactly where they lurked... but she felt she better know the terrain and the positioning so as to make this as seamless as possible for Charon and whoever assisted him.

When Charon decided she ought not to go alone, she was prepared to quickly brush it off despite her own reservations. But his explanation made things crystal clear, and her stomach sank. Scimitar was the first to speak, and she was thankful for his immediacy and his ability to ask the question she had been thinking. Some might think it silly to ask, but Eshe felt it quite prudent to know of the girls state. 'Okay' mentally, physically... Eshe wished there was something she could do for her, but what? What else? She did not know much about her to do anything without making it obvious that she knew... and she hadn't even met the girl yet. Her mind went a mile a minute, but Eshe knew what she must do without asking. Just... be normal. Just because this horrific crime happened didn't mean that Wildfire was less of, well Wildfire. Or anything, for that matter.

Eshe shook her head at Charon. You wouldn't have, she said, to comfort him. Eshe believed Charon to be a good man with his head in the right place. He was a good leader, too, who protected his own even beyond the border. His father, she bet, would be real proud. You were thinking of how to respond, and how to go about this, and we're in the moment. We want the same thing, to get Goober. That was the first thought. Second was anything else, like the cost... but he thought of that, too. She nosed him, and then looked to her mate who spoke of going to Saena.

The tawny wolf thought on this. She wondered if anyone else would assist them here, knowing there was a wolf of such a nature out there to harm their family, be it now or later on. But the question... the question was a difficult one. Goldhawk came to them, then, and Eshe shifted her weight and looked upon the man. He was chipper and pleasant, and Eshe mulled things over in her head. Why, she had thought Goober and Goldhawk would have gotten along... but now she detested the thought. How the tables had turned! As for Scimitar's query toward Charon, she wouldn't take the words out of his mouth but knew the answer. Wildfire's revenge was for Wildfire, and if not for her, for those closest to her. She responded, after Goldhawk was introduced to Charon.

I don't know. To bring an escort would be obvious, but... he does owe us a favor, and it would make sense, me being a leader, to stick around and send someone for his assistance... She breathed in deep and looked to Goldhawk, and then to Scimitar. Goldhawk could be another wolf meant to assist her in the task... three wolves setting up a romantic weekend at Firefly Glen would be better than one, certainly... I can brief Goldhawk on the need-to-knows of this. I think he can get the job done, her tail waved, and she looked to Charon, and then to Goldhawk, to tack on thoughtfully, If you're up for it. She felt Kyron, too, could get the job done... but Goldhawk happened to be in the right place at the right time... or the opposite of that, depending on the way one thought.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Eshe further hashed out the plan, and Charon nodded when she asked if he could show her the place they would go to. "Yes, let's agree on a general location. I can show you." He'd pick somewhere easy but with enough shelter so that they could sneak up on Goober from the other side. Hopefully he wouldn't suspect a thing.

Scimitar was quick to dive into the conversation after his arrival, and Charon felt his hackles bristle when he asked if Dhole was okay. "Of course she's not okay!" he fiercely replied, betraying not only his undying loyalty and love for his friend, but also his easily triggered hot temper. Charon forced his flaring temper down and his hackles fell flat again when he reminded himself that Scimitar was only trying to help. "But she's safe at Moonspear right now with Flóki and Ame." Though he did not apologise verbally, Charon's expression indicated that he realised he had spoken too hastily and would have stopped himself from flaring up if he could have done so now.

His next words were another swing and miss as far as Charon was concerned, because there was no way he would let anyone but Dhole do the honours of killing him; presumably after tearing off his balls. "I want him brought to her, so she can do with him what she wants," he said, controling his temper this time, his voice calm and controlled again. Scimitar and Eshe both only wanted to help; it was just that Eshe's plans and thoughts were a lore more in line with Charon's. But at least Scimitar was trying, Charon thought to himself, and so he decided that he would be decent from now on and try his hardest not to have any more outbursts.

Some other guy arrived; the crash onto the scene seemed almost surreal. The upbeat fellow cheerily announced that he was looking for someone and, upon noticing Charon, realised that he had already found the guy. Seeing as Eshe and Scimitar were relaxed Charon made little more of it; it was just one of their wolves. A peculiar one, but he seemed friendly enough to Charon. Charon nodded at this Goldhawk fellow as Scimitar introduced him, forcing out a pleasant enough, "Pleasure," at the guy at the introductions.

"He seems cheery enough not to rouse any suspicions," Charon said as he eyed the upbeat-looking fellow; though as soon as he heard the subject of their dealings, Charon imagined that his cheerful attitude would soon dampen.
wot wot
195 Posts
Ooc — Ells
It seemed Goldhawk had walked in on something serious, such was the nature of an open-air assembly. To be fair, the Alpha pair and their friend had been in a fairly secluded location, not truly out in the open where anyone could listen in or even approach. Had Goldhawk been a bit more gradual and calculated in his tracking he would have noticed that the Alphas were present, and a quick glance would have told him they did not need him here. And off he would have gone, on his merry way.

But, instead, he had been intent upon finding the trespasser, so much so that foliage and a lack of foresight had hidden the full scenario from him, and here he stood now, unravelling it bit by bit. It seemed there was trouble afoot in pack of this sheer white buck — Charon, the Alpha of Moonspear apparently. What a fabulous title, and content to accept his cheeriness despite the evident seriousness of whatever was going on here. Goldhawk gave him a respectful bow. Well met indeed, sah.

Then to Eshe he inevitably said: a classified mission? I'm the fearless fellow for the job, marm, sure as my auntie's twitchiest whisker.
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
It was impossible to tell that if Charon was simply irate for the grief and anger he felt for his friend, or if Jorunn’s words rung true – and even then, Scimitar could not fathom why the ivory male would have been insulting him and his family when they had never even met, but now was not the time to delve in to such thoughts. He would have words with Charon in the future, once this was settled behind them.

And he would try to do so diplomatically, given the fact the young Alpha was Eshe’s only family, it would seem.

His own jaw clenched slightly as Charon snapped at him, though he allowed the words to pass with no backlash. He did not know the wolf well enough to understand his expressions – but he would give the benefit of the doubt for now. At the more controlled statement, Scimitar only nodded, agreeing with the sentiment – it should indeed be left for the girl the wolf had harmed. “Then it will be so.”

Yet Eshe spoke as if she was going to find this wolf – this rapist, and Scimitar frowned in the direction of his mate. Before he could comment, however, Eshe began to pull at the idea of Goldhawk seeking out the male – and while he would have liked to have done it himself, he wasn’t foolish enough to think he could charm Goober in to coming back with him – Goldhawk was a far better wolf to place as such company. “So we send Goldhawk to request the favor he promised us?” He paused then, his eyes drifting over the man, feeling hesitant. “And what favor will bring him back this way, swiftly and without suspicion?”

At the words of the Delta, Scimitar canted his muzzle in quiet thought. “Goldhawk, a wolf by the name of Goober attacked one of Charon’s subordinates – we had thought the man to be a decent sort, but we were wrong. He owes us a favor.. can you seek him out and request his presence here, to return the favor he promised us?”
252 Posts
Ooc —
Eshe might have wilted at Charon's words, but she understood them on a different level. If it had happened to her, Eshe couldn't imagine how she'd feel... but certainly not okay. The question her mate posed was less for the sentimentality of it, she knew, and more for the literal answer. How bad was the damage? Just how deep did it run within her? And how was Floki holding up, with all this? But these were questions she'd ask Charon when they went to explore the location; she knew the matter was personal, certainly for Charon, as well. To know she was safe with Ame and Floki made her stomach cease in its flipping. Floki was undoubtedly a good man, and Wildfire was his beau... she was in good hands, all around, by looking at the face of it.

Scimitar seemed wary, and Goldhawk seemed ready, and Charon seemed willing. Eshe never thought she would see the day when she was the one to decide something such as this... but then, she really wasn't, was she? They were all in this together, united for one common cause. She knew Charon was on edge due to the entirety of what was going on, and didn't fault him. Looking at her mate, she knew he did not, either.

...maybe we have Goldhawk tell Goober its a top secret mission, too, and that... I need someone who... wouldn't reveal it, because its supposed to be a surprise. A total surprise. When he comes here, I'll tell 'im I need help setting up a secret date for me and you, but I didn't want to tell anyone about that much of it, only that you and I had something planned for the day he arrives so its not like he'll try and take advantage of me, and everyone knows the location, just not the reason you're expected there... Eshe wondered if that made sense, but felt that it did. That way, Goldhawk wouldn't need to lie himself at all, because the truth of it was that he was on a top secret mission, and he was doing it for Eshe as she had directly asked him.

When Scimitar also asked, Eshe glanced back to Goldhawk again. Her gaze fell to Charon and she licked her chops. We only know he headed toward the Maplewood. After that, I'm not sure where he might have gone... business up north, which must've been the Maplewood... he also mentioned he'd visit, but who knew when that would be? He took rainchecks on favors, and Eshe was calling it now. The problem was, where could he have gone?

Again her gaze panned to Goldhawk. He's brown in color, and about my size, but bigger, and he's got brown eyes, too. He was friendly towards me, and hopefully, knowing you're a friend and pack-mate of mine, will be towards you. Just be yourself. Tell him I need him urgently for the favor, and if he presses you for details, say... say... She tried to think of something that required a sense of urgency. You dunno, but your best guess is... puppies... with Scimitar... so something to do with him, too, but that only I required him for help.

She looked back and forth, now her eyes for Scimitar and Charon, licking her chops. Have you got any better ideas...? Eshe thought it might work. Heat, or impending heat, could bring that urgency. They could hammer out more details. Like Goldhawk hearing Eshe hum around the woods and pick flowers and talk to the birds about what the most romantic food was. 'Twitterpated'. It made sense in that way! All things she'd heard about from Deshyr, this twitterpated nonsense. Spring was here, so it added up. Eshe only played on the season, and felt that Charon and Scimitar and even Goldhawk could contribute to that plan if they would, or else alter it to something that could make more sense to them.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
The truth of the matter was that Charon didn't have any better ideas to offer. He didn't know Goober at all, so he didn't know if Eshe's 'top secret mission' would make him come. "He likes you, right? So he'll probably just come, anyway, as long as Goldhawk doesn't act like there's something off. He probably won't realise something's up beside what Goldhawk and you would tell him." Charon didn't think they needed a super good idea; actually, a super good idea might even mess things up because Goober might get suspicious of them. But this seemed innocent enough so that he might not even realise something was wrong until it actually happened.

He nodded in agreement to the plan, though looked around to Goldhawk and Scimitar to see if they had any input to offer towards ideas. He would make sure that Eshe wouldn't get hurt, but was pretty sure they would manage. Eshe had interacted with Goober before, and she was a whole different type than Dhole, anyway. Eshe was sophisticated and bubbly, and Dhole was kinda clumsy and socially akward, so Charon didn't think that Goober would probably go for Eshe, anyway, even if he didn't say so out loud.
wot wot
195 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Had he not been in the presence of his Lady, his Lord, and an honoured guest, Goldhawk might have puffed out his chest with pride. For he was being considered for a mission of importance, and so it seemed he had quite some trust placed on him. Oh he was aware that part of it had something to do with the fact that he happened upon this meeting when someone else could have just as easily, but it still said something that Scimitar and Eshe — and even the foreign Lord whose wolf had been hurt — had enough trust in him.

He listened carefully, being quite aware that he might not in fact be capable of what they asked. Such failure was unlikely of course, given his strength of mind and paw, his beautiful singing voice, and of course his bally magnificent good-looks (yes this was relevant), but he was open to the idea that he might not be the perfect man for the job. Humbleness was all part of the package.

But it turned out he was quite capable. It's my honour to be of service, he proceeded, and then repeated the plan back at the group. If you would very kindly give me directions to the Maplewood, I'll head over there on my own and seek out this big brown-eyed Goober then escort him back to Neverwinter under cheerily mysterious pretence related to our Lady of the Forest. Has me old brainbox picked that up correctly, wot?
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Worry filled him – worry for his mate and certainly worry for his pack mate. He was soothed only by the fact that Eshe would remain out of harms way for now, and he made a promise to himself that once Goldhawk returned and this Goober ordeal was put to rest, he would seek Saena out himself and ensure she was well and okay.

“No,” he admitted to her, when she requested other ideas, and offered a light nod in agreement to Charon’s words – the less of a plan, the better. Ridiculous stories would require more details that would likely not add up properly, and the wolf would only be suspicious of Goldhawk. “Phoenix Maplewood is north of here, past the Sunspire Mountains. You will pass a creek, and a grove.. some meadows. It is a large and proud forest – you will not miss it.”
252 Posts
Ooc —
So it would be Goober to complete this whole mission. Eshe shifted her weight and glanced to Scimitar. If you want to meet with her, perhaps you should go along with Goldhawk at least some of the way. Goldhawk and you can rendezvous together when you've finished business with Saena... you know his scent, Scimitar, so that could help. You'd know if he was in the area of the Maplewood at least, and if he ran with them... you'd know if he were in the pack. It was only a suggestion, and she wondered if it was a good one. She did not think her mate would be gone for so long, but did not know how long the journey would take, so she asked as much. Just how far is the journey, exactly...? Her thought process was this: why would any leader release a wolf based on a 'favor'? Only Goober knew the truth of that, and if he wasn't there, the likelihood that he'd be reached by someone more irritable for even the question seemed likely.

And looking back to Charon, she nodded her head. It was obvious she was a terrible liar, and it began with the fact that she thought a story might be useful in this. Open book indeed. You're right, totally right, she said agreeably. Even if she had a penchant for heeding detail, sometimes some slipped and sometimes others didn't. It wasn't worth the risk.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
It was a pretty good thought of Eshe to ask how far away the pack was, because that would impact how easy or hard it would be to take Goober along. If it was a week's journey it might seem odd to grab him from wherever he now lived only to organise a romantic picnic at the Glen.

Charon waited while the plan was hashed out further, as he had little to add at this point. He wasn't a part of this bit of the plan and unfortunately, all he could do was go home, inform Flóki and Amekaze and then wait. So he looked at Scimitar and Goldhawk, waiting for them to chip in.
wot wot
195 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Ah, so it seemed he might be travelling with his own cool-eyed Lord. An honour indeed, and something he looked forward to — although he was well aware it dulled in importance to the plan itself. As the bard understood it, they would be travelling together, then Goldhawk would mosey around somewhere while Scimitar spoke with this lady Saena. After that, Scimitar would help track down Goober, being familiar with his scent, and then would leave Goldhawk to turn on the charm and lead Goober back to Neverwinter Forest and Eshe. The bard did not know what would happen then, and assumed it to be none of his business, so he did not ask. Once he'd delivered Goober back to Neverwinter, his work was done.

Other than the usual barrage of whimsical nonsense (which he managed to restrain), he had nothing to add at this stage, but kept his ears perked for information on how long this journey would take.
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Last post for me, as I'm away as of today.

"Then we leave today," he rumbled, giving a nod to Eshe to verify that he would indeed travel with Goldhawk. Once they found trail of Goober, he would fall back and allow Goldhawk to take over. All of this was discussed briefly among the gathered wolves, and with a nod to Charon, the dark agouti man swept away to prepare himself for his journey. They would leave as soon as possible.
252 Posts
Ooc —
Eshe hated to hear that he would be going, but knew the necessity of it. Still, any time without her beau would cause her heart to ache. When Scimitar made to depart, she briefly told him she'd find him before he set off, though in the meantime kissed him on the cheek as he went to depart—then she turned to Charon. Lets head to the Glen! She suggested. While Scimitar was still around she could assess the place and they could decide on the perfect location for their ambush.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon nodded at Goldhawk and Scimitar as they said that would leave right away, then turned to Eshe who suggested heading out to the Glen. "Let's," he agreed and he fell in step with Eshe as they headed out towards the Firefly Glen; for less pleasant business today, unfortunately, than usually when he visited the romantic-looking glen.