Ankyra Sound Oh wait, I'm the rookie?
I'll be good
57 Posts
Ooc —
Private 

She sat on the beach, watching the waves lap lightly at the pebbly shore. It was evening, sun sinking in the sky as neared the ever present horizon. It was beautiful but her mind was unfocused on the panorama before her. Her mind was turned inwards, thinking of her family and what they may be doing.

She snapped out of it as the wind shifted, bringing the scent of a male with it. Her eyes scanned the darkening beach, wondering where he was. She turned, back to the ocean as she didn't kindly take to being snuck up on and didn't want to be caught unawares if he suddenly appeared as his scent got stronger.
Gamma
Curiosity killed the cat, But satisfaction brought it back.
57 Posts
Ooc — Mae
haha sorry im late :P

The day had been fine, just like every other day, honesty. He was walking, nowhere in particular, just a normal jog. An unidentified female scent caught him, and his head turned towards it. Carefully approaching the she-wolf, he paused when he noticed that she was a new Saltwinter wolf. Continuing, he stayed a couple steps away from her.

"It's quite a view, isn't it?" he asked the chocolate-colored wolf. His blue eyes traced her gaze, wondering if she was enjoying the landscape or simply thinking. Either way, he had probably interupted her personal time. Not that he knew that.
I'll be good
57 Posts
Ooc —
She dipped her head respectfully, the silent language of her people taking over instinctively. She realized then that he wouldn't understand the full nuances of her body language and spoke up. "Yes, it is." Her words were heavily accented, lilting in an exotice accent that marked her immediately as a foreigner.

"I am Rayen," she introduced though he had not asked. "Who are you?" He was slightly larger than she, not the size of the white and cream brute who had intercepted her but not a weakling either. He had blueish silver fur that seemed quite attractive to her, making her envious slightly as hers was only brown. He had matching blue eyes, an overall handsome male that had piqued her interest.
Gamma
57 Posts
Ooc — Mae
 "James," he replied simply, his British accent clear. Sitting down next to her, he kept his eyes glued on the scene.

"Do you think the sea is infinite?" he asked suddenly. From his knowledge, he never saw beyond the big blue sea, except for a few islands scattered within its hold. He believed that all creature's thoughts hid in it's vastness. Watching the waves endlessly kiss the golden sand, he awaited a response from Rayen

felt in a poetic mood while writing :P
I'll be good
57 Posts
Ooc —
James. An average name, nothing too noteworthy about it, but then how peculiar was Rayen? She had no room to speak of in the name category, preferring she had been named with something normal. Raven would have been a better choice to her than her own name, she didn't like to stand out.

She sat with him, seeing as he forced no submission of her nor did he turn out to be defensive and/or aggressive, she felt at ease. Her brow quirked at the odd question, turning to stare out over the lapping water.

"Nothing is infinite. Or so my people believed, I'm not sure how much is true or false. Everything ends according to them: pain, life, death, the universe. It all has to end somewhere. No one knows what lies beyond the salt water, I have heard that beyond it is the end of our world and the threshold to another," she admitted, spilling out the beliefs of her tribe somewhat self conciously. She didn't take too kindly to ridicule of her people, even if she didn't follow their ways. She would hate for this other wise interesting male to suddenly become another person to avoid.
Gamma
57 Posts
Ooc — Mae
He laughed softly at her scientific response. "Interesting," he said in an amused tone. "But, don't you think the universe is infinite?"

James had tried counting all the stars in the sky multiple times as a child. But he had never been able to do this task, deciding that there were infinite stars. The sun had begun to fade away, he grey wolf instinctively looking up, searching for the first star.
I'll be good
57 Posts
Ooc —
She blinked in surprise. No one ever asked Rayen what she thought, what she believed about any situation. Her pack had a somewhat sexist society, she had only been viewed as a pretty face. Back home she was just another she wolf amongst the many, her purpose only to mature and mate with the male of another tribe and thus ensuring the link between the two. 

She pondered it, what did she believe? "I think that the world ends somewhere, I'm just not sure where...but I think the sky is infinite. You just look at it and it makes you feel so small," she confided quietly, glancing at the dimming sky which was already becoming dotted with stars.
Gamma
57 Posts
Ooc — Mae
"Yeah," James hummed, "I think that, too."

His tail lazily moved from side to side, his eyes observing the snow-like drops in the sky. The silence hung in the air, but the grey wolf enjoyed such peace. He knew little about the stars, all his knowledge from one scraggy, old loner wolf that he had met outside the borders. 

The wolf's blue eyes caught a familiar constellation, the Fierce Wolf. Also known as Leo, by humans. "Over there, thats Fierce Wolf," he pointed with his snout to the female.
I'll be good
57 Posts
Ooc —
They fell into a companionable silence, the only sound that of their breathing and the waves lapping on the shore. He seemed to be remembering something and so she let him have his peace, staring up at the star covered sky. It indeed made her feel small in a thrilling, terrifying way. What was out there? Where did it end? How insignificant was she?

She snapped out of it as he spoke, listening intently. She found the constellation easy, mapping it out in her head so she may remember it later. She gestured towards another constellation, known as Lupus to humans. "That is the Lone Wolf," she murmured. Her attention turned back to him, "Where did you learn about the Fierce Wolf?"
Gamma
57 Posts
Ooc — Mae
 "Oh, um," he began, surprised at her question before regaining his posture, "a loner taught me of the stars." As his parents were never fans of star gazing, his small knowledge was quite by accident.

Ears twitching when the wind blew, he changed the subject to her. "How do you know of the Lone Wolf, Rayen?" he asked, testing out her name subtly.
I'll be good
57 Posts
Ooc —
"My mother. She liked things like that; stars, plants, rocks, anything to do with nature," she answered quietly. She had tried to remember her mother in happy times as when she had taken Rayen and her other children out to count stars. She tried not to remember her mother as the look of betrayal on her face when Rayen refused to marry her intended. 

"What's your trade? Or the trade you are working for?" Small talk was not her forte, she didn't know much about these trade things. She figured it a polite question, he could decline to share his interests if he so chose.
Gamma
57 Posts
Ooc — Mae
He was definitely jealous of when Rayen mention her mother. The unknown parent sounded peaceful, very different to his mother (who killed as much nature as physically possible). Licking his lips, he took a small breath and answered the chocolatey brown wolf's question.

"I was aiming for being a hunter, mostly. What trades are you working for?"

It was merely polite to return the question, pride wasn't his thing, anyway.
I'll be good
57 Posts
Ooc —
"The same, although I know some healing as well," she answered in turn. She knew not of what to say next, falling silent once more as she stared out at the ocean. She wondered idly if she was making things awkward with her silence, suspecting he might get up and leave now. It was anyone's guess though, perhaps he would strike up a new conversation.
Gamma
57 Posts
Ooc — Mae
The silence crowded him once again, and the grey wolf didn't want any of it. He stood up, ready to leave, then paused. "Hey Rayen, wanna go adventuring with me?" he asked smoothly. A companion would be greatly appreciated. Plus, he wanted to know more about her.
I'll be good
57 Posts
Ooc —
Rayen nodded, getting to her feet and beginning to follow him. She remained quiet, she was not a complete recruit but her people had never talked as much as these southerners did. Rayen was used to communicating with body language and gestures, thus she had no idea what to say got the male at her side. She settled for following him quietly.