Redtail Rise Vodka, baby
5 Posts
Ooc — Ezi
All Welcome 
Tears. The kryptonite of her very essence. So no, she did not cry at this moment, as she would end up crunched in a ball, sobbing deep into the night. Instead, she frowned at the moon, glared at it, had a full on angry staring contest with it. Because If she couldn't be sad, she would be angry. She drew a long, raspy howl from her lips, her way of screaming curses at the moon. This world had tricked her into love,which she now knew was not real. No such thing as a mate there was to her, only a one night stand. That was the only thing the dark female had experienced, and the only thing she believed she would ever experience.

Her eyebrows sharpened back into a glare and she pulled back her lip. Her mother was a liar too. The moon couldn't grant love, and if it could, it definitely had a grudge against her. So her and the moon argued throughout the night through a series of glares, sighs, howls, and muttered curses. If the moon were a wolf, she'd spit in its eye and tell it to screw off, cause' the moon was a liar. A dirty, dirty liar.
a page ripped
258 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Medic
Hi Ezi!

Lucani decided to cross the plains to the northwest. She was no navigator, but she could smell the sea, and had the plan of travelling to the coast. There were fish there, and plenty of them — it was her best bet for survival. And if there was a tiny chance of a coastal pack taking her in, that was a merrier thought.

When a haunting howl went up, Lucani paused in her slow and weakened walk, ears erect. The healer decided to approach the wolf because she saw a great scar highlit in the moonlight — and wounds to a healer were like clouds to a bird. But there was a possibility that this much-healthier wolf was dangerous, so she was careful in approaching, testing the air for possible conversation before starting one.
what's done is never done
385 Posts
Ooc —
Warbone moved in the night, a creature not born for it, but flourishing nonetheless. He was a wolf who didn't seem to notice the passage of time; day was just as night was to him, and neither held a convenience or advantage in his opinion. The nocturnal were just as edible as the diurnal, and though he knew better than to try and hunt on the black and barren Redtail Rise, his body ranged in a mode that could mark him from afar as a dangerous predator.

The scents he crossed, however, were not that of prey, but of his own kind— and one scent in particular, that he thought he recognized, drew him in the direction of the howling he had previously been ignoring. He came upon an unfamiliar earthy she-wolf, and the other female— grey and long-legged— that had just come upon her as well, he recognized as only as the dying wolf that had caused a difference of opinion between himself and the Dragons. So she was not dead after all, and the fact that she was all the way out here was even more surprising. She did not smell very sick, so he approached them in mild caution.

"Evening," he rumbled to them both, deep and warm.
if sins were etched into the surface of bones,
i’d need another skeleton to record all my wrongs
5 Posts
Ooc — Ezi
Sake whipped her head around as two sets of paws approached. If they were looking for a battle, they would get one hell of a fight. She narrowed her eyes and looked down upon them warily. Were they traveling together? They seemed to converse with each other, which made her very uneasy. Was this an ambush..? The woman's silver moons of eyes were no longer focused on the sky, but the ground. She flicked her ears in annoyance but quickly put up the guard to her emotions, once again becoming a seductive, sarcastic, sharp-tongued queen.
a page ripped
258 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Medic
Lucani was halted in her cautious but calm approach by the feel of another present, and she stopped and turned to regard him. It was his scent that hit her first — not unpleasant, perhaps because the neutral state of the territory meant that all she picked up was the pine and dust of his coat — but really very familiar. She had not seen this great copper vagrant before, but she had smelled him around Sleeping Dragon... albeit for the very last time when she had become sickly. So it was not a good association, and she had trouble denying the fact that she was not glad to see him.

Still, he was courteous and she replied with a respectful dip of her head meant for the pair of them. It would be awkward, now, to mention to the female that she'd approached because she'd seen her scar and wanted to provide medical advice. So instead she said: I'm just passing through. Do either of you know what lies between here and the sea?
385 Posts
Ooc —
The tawny she-wolf became defensive, and did not respond to his greeting. He was not keen on welcoming open hostility into his fledgling pack, so he narrowed his eyes slightly and shifted them to the former Dragon, his tail twitching back and forth in pendulum swings. "I am quite familiar with this stretch," he answered slowly, eyes shining in the darkness as he stared at her with unabashed curiosity. "It is mostly charred lands from here until a treacherous Tangle cradled by a Ravine that is almost as difficult to pass. I would not travel along the mountains. It is a fiercely defended wood over there, and beyond the Ravine are two packs you may want to skirt on your journey to the beach." He did not know which coastal pack had attacked Octavia— though he doubted it had been the Seadogs— but his previous packmate would do well to avoid a fight in her condition.

"You have left the Dragons, too, then?" Because certainly she would not be traveling in this slow state had she not left or been exiled.
5 Posts
Ooc — Ezi
Sake licked her chest fur, glancing occasionally at the two before her. She flicked her ears and yawned, sharp silver eyes gazing at them. No, she was not the best in these situations. "Perfect, two love birds who feel they're destined to leave me awkwardly on the sidelines of this conversation," she growled under her breath before giving a swish of annoyance from her largely plumed tail. It swished back and forth in a cat-like way, as though she were a stalking feline waiting for her prey to stop chittering away.
a page ripped
258 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Medic
Lucani listened carefully and was privately surprised that the large male gave her information so easily. She was very grateful for it, of course, but had to decide consciously to give him the benefit of the doubt and not think his helpfulness suspicious. Thank you, she said gladly, and gave him a nod of respect before casting her yellow gaze out over the beyond. Through the charred grass, around the mountains, along the sea... ah she would have to walk so far in such a weak state... but she had to maintain confidence that she could do it.

When the polite beast spoke of Sleeping Dragon, Lucani replied yes, and might have elaborated if she did not think she would become impolite to do so. For they were not the only wolves present. My name's Lucani, she said to them both. A travelling healer.
385 Posts
Ooc —
Hm, you could probably just give some vague ending, Ells -- or just archive :)

Lucani, he thought. He would remember her name for a time, as she had been the catalyst to his own departure from the Dragons, and though he wondered what had spurred her own abandonment, he was not curious enough to ask. "Warbone," he responded in kind, but felt that he had no additional titles to give her at that time. His head shifted, so that he might place the other female in his sights, but she remained silent after the presentation of names, and he looked back at Lucani. She seemed to be in a state where traveling did not suit her, but there seemed to be a goal in her presence out here— even if it was only to distance herself from the smoking mountain. "I hope you make safe passage, Lucani. I must be on my own way," he said in the quiet, inclining his muzzle very slightly before he turned to go back the way he had come.