The Sentinels crawlersout
i gave until my soul hurt
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
All Welcome 
AW, but tagging the newbies @Lucani, @Renoir, etc. Tagging others for visibility.

Since the plague that had destroyed their home, Eilidh had been withdrawn and forlorn. She had lost her sister, her home was all but gone, and her tiny garden was wiped bare. Her heart tore at the thought of @Tachyon's betrayal, of @Emaleth's disappearance and subsequent return, and the way in which her life seemed to be falling apart all around her. The pale medic knew not what to do, and yet had to keep going, to keep trying anyway. 

Today she was sitting in the once beautiful clearing that had housed her garden, feet planted firmly in the dark soil, a darkness quickly turning tan as the sun baked all nutrients from its depths. Eilidh felt a hitch begin in her chest, and although she felt like crying, she tamped it down. Crying had never done her any good, and she had to be strong for Donnelaith. She was their medic, and she knew that the dried herbs stored in the nearby healer's den would serve them well for the next months.

For now, however, she tried to draw strength from the earth beneath her, and closed her eyes to whisper to the gods. Please, help. She turned her face heavenward, her golden form glowing in the sunlight that shone down upon her and the garden in which she stood, praying that something would bring her home back to life.

Crawlersout — Purity Ring
Trades
Caregiver (5/5) / Medic (1/10)
Naturalist (0/5) / Botanist (0/10)
and i hope that kindness comes your way
162 Posts
Ooc — L2D2
i am crashing but please anyone who wants should still post!
tachyon had wanted to approach eilidh for some time -- yet out of some sort of fearful preservation he hung back. it was not until he saw her close her eyes and whisper something silently did he dare approach, his footfall gently masked and amber eyes fixed upon her in guilty worry. would she lash at him, or turn him away? would he find the sting of her words sharper than the sting of any teeth? he still bore the marks of his shameful jaunt; the skin along his hocks had scabbed and healed yet he still limped for it. silently he stopped a good distance from her, his head lowered tentatively as he watched her, unsure if he was welcome any closer.
#brutalmode
currently weak health
mild powerplay/cameos of tachyon welcome (especially donnelaith members)
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
I have no idea how much she really knows about what happened in Saltwinter, but she feels betrayed by him leaving at all. Feel free to let me know how much she might actually know!

In truth, she had been glad of her loneliness, of the time she spent with her sister and brother since Tachyon's return. Between that painful experience and the destruction of Donnelaith, Eilidh had little time for anything else. The world spun on, blighted as it was, and she continued her healing and storing up whatever medicinal knowledge the gods served her. These days it was little and less, and she wondered at their absence. Had they fled when the locusts had descended?

After a long moment of silent contemplation, she dropped her nose to regular level and opened her eyes. At first her expression was a vision; serene, quiet. Her green gaze lingered upon the shadows for a moment longer, enjoying the warmth of the sun, before she noticed a figure in the vicinity. Her calm snapped immediately, but instead of yelling or causing a scene, she simply stood up, ice flowing through her veins, and promptly turned a shoulder on him. She had helped him when he returned, sure, but now was a different matter. Now she didn't know what to think of the confusion that swirled within. Eilidh walked away, feeling foolish as anger, sadness, love, loss, and a million other variations battled against her iron will.
Trades
and i hope that kindness comes your way
162 Posts
Ooc — L2D2
well he prolly told lasher everything and if lasher's the type to tell eilidh yeah she'd know it all!

tachyon felt the last dribble of hope leave his soul as the woman turned, offering nothing but a slender shoulder that even in its delicacy seemed wrought by ice. a coldness seeped in his veins and he felt the beginning of a clammy feeling wring from his heart; he had not meant to hurt her, and while her rejection stung it stung a lot less than the sinking feeling that harpooned through him: he had let her down.

tenderly, and perhaps a little pathetically, the male pressed to the ground and wriggled towards her, looking much less like a wolf and more like a beggar. "talk to me," he implored, though his voice lacked conviction or confidence.
#brutalmode
currently weak health
mild powerplay/cameos of tachyon welcome (especially donnelaith members)
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
oh, then extra drama~

She had moved to leave, and in that moment he moved, and she paused in her retreat. An ear flickered toward him, and though she did not turn her head to fully look at him, she did see him from the corner of her eye. She felt her heart grow cold, and yet it threatened to shatter and melt at the sight of him crawling toward her. But she was fierce, and did not bow before her traitorous heart. Why should I? she asked softly, realizing the irony. She was speaking to him now, even if it was against her will. But she wanted to know why he deserved her attention.

You left me, Tachyon. I thought— her throat constricted around the words and choked it off. Eilidh closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and continued. I don't know what I thought. But it didn't involve my heart breaking. Perhaps Eilidh had allowed her feelings for Tachyon to wrongly blossom past friendship. Was she misguided? Did they not enjoy each other's company? Did they not have much in common? Eilidh refused to think about it, and simple waited for him to reply, secretly hoping he would have no good excuse, and would allow her anger to begin anew.
Trades