Blackfeather Woods I will keep my promise.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke was done with his patrol and then went out to seek some food for Malice. Yet there were not many prey species around anymore. The male searched through their forest. He was tempted to go after one of the remaining crows. Hopefully they would return, maybe they would not. The large male wandered, going to all the usual places but it was all barren. He edged around the swamps all the way to Otter Creek. That was where he saw a raccoon drinking. Those little buggers probably ate the insects that had fallen. Burke instantly moved low to the ground, creeping closer. The male knew this raccoon might not be good enough but at least he could try.

The large male tried to make no sound as he stepped closer, though with the barren lands there was not much to step closer. He then sped forward, but before his large body had momentum the raccoon dashed off giving the male quite a chase. Burke was lucky that his big paws managed to unbalance the raccoon. Though the little critter did not went without a fight. His muzzle was scratched by the sharp claws and the marked bandit even tried to bite him back. Eventually Burke won, making a meal out of him. But the male was out for more. Maybe something for himself he took the dead raccoon. The male decided to be smart enough to get back to his own soil.

While he was carrying the raccoon past the creek that ran into their woods he hoped to get some fish too. He placed the Coon down and waded into the water. The male stood there for quite awhile before he saw a fish, the river was shallow, and as he dove down he bumped his sensitive nose against a rock, the fish escaping. Then in his own greed he realized that the crows were coming down to peck as his meal. Burke growled, charging at the dead animal. It seems that he would have to do with the raccoon and go out for himself later. Burke trotted to his home at a quick pace, crows following him as he moved through the forest. The male knew better than to just place it out on the open now, so he went inside the den and placed the meal by @Malice's her paws before laying down himself, panting softly.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
Like a dream, the tree of life covers me, and dulls my eyes; I fall asleep.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Rapunzel was doing absolutely nothing again, feeling quite useless with her belly full of pups. When Burke left for his patrol, Malice stayed inside, too nervous to leave just yet. Surely she would wander off sometimes, but today was not the day. She played with a small stone, licking it and flicking it away with her paw, only to pick it back up. She wondered what the Moonlit Wolves were doing now, what would become of her den. Would the fallen log still be used as meeting place? Would anyone use the Healer's Den to it's full potential? Would Veritas one day return only to find out Malice wasn't there? Would they be able to survive without their gentle leader?

All of that was going through her head until she got tired of the stone and lay her head down to nap. Napping made the time go faster, she found. It was harder to fall asleep though, especially with te chances that she would get a nightmare and the fact that she was quite hungry.

The sounds of heavy footsteps and breathing made her open her yellow eyes again. It was Burke, because who else would want to know about her existence in the pack? He was carrying a dead animal, and Malice licked her lips though couldn't ignore the scratch on his nose and his panting. The creature was placed at her feet, and knowing Burke, he would not like her to hesitate once again about taking a meal from him. She still felt bad doing it, that could be seen in her eyes, but she started eating.

It didn't take long for her to finish, but there was still some left for him if he wanted. She nudged some good parts his way with her nose and gave him a lick on his cheek without thinking. She had done so by Cogitemus, but never to anyone else.
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke settled down and as Malice took his meal without a word. Burke was glad about that. Because he worked hard to get it. The male placed his head down, resting. He was not the youngest. The bite marks in his neck itched but luckily most of the pain had faded by now. Malice continued eating and he closed his eyes for a moment. They shot open again when the smell of meat was pushed his way, and that was followed by a lick. Burke raised his head and looked surprised at Malice for a moment. He then looked down at the meal and finished up the scraps.

What did that lick mean? Was she liking him more than she should? He was clearly not the right guy for her. He was old, he basically could be her father in age and he was all emotionally conflicted. The large man licked his lips clean, he let out a huff when he went over the small scratches on his muzzle. It was sensitive. "How are you feeling?," he decided to ask. He liked to think that she was doing better now, having fresh meat brought to her and safety of a new pack, his pack. Burke noticed that some of his bulk was vanishing under the lack of food. He shifted closer to her, though now his eyes focussed on her bulging sides. "Any... kicks?" Because well Kendra and Pietro were a lively bunch, and he wasn't sure if these were so ... lively. He hoped that not all of them were dead with the food scarcity.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Malice smiled embarrassed when Burke looked up. She hadn't done it intentionally, it was just a habit. Maybe it was a sign she felt comfortable here, around him and in Blackfeather Woods in general. Sure, she got lost from time to time, but it wasn't as creepy as she had first thought. Or maybe it was a sign of something bigger. It was no secret she liked Burke, but that simple crush may or may not have grown into something more. His age didn't bother her, it only made his story more interesting, his skills more skillful. She only knew she could indeed be capable of loving him, but maybe too scared to even admit that to herself.

Malice now rested again as he began eating, happy he didn't complain either. Her ears twitched, as they always did when something was asked or told while she wasn't totally focused, and she looked at him. I feel nauseous and my back is aching, but mentally I'm as happy as can be. She told him. He came closer, which she didn't mind -actually liked-. She nodded at his question. Sometimes, yes. She informed, her face heating up in pride and a large grin beginning to form on her muzzle.  

~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke looked at her from where he was laying down. She was mentally as happy as she could be, huh? Hmm. That only confirmed his suspision more. Malice was probably crushing on him, and then what? What would he do? He wasn't good with love and all that. Meldresi and him had more of an agreement, though it would clarify why he felt so comfortable with her. Burke watched her proud smile and he could not help but return one. "That is good. That means I am at least working my ass off for some pups in that belly," he stated to her. 

Burke nosed over it. She was close, at least from what he had seen. Malice was more round than Meldresi had been at the end of her pregnancy, then again, Malice was far taller than Meldresi was. He gave a lick over her tummy. He thought he was goign to be a father for the last time with Kendra and Pietro, but, it seemed he was wrong. This would probably be his last time. "You look very proud," he commented, curious what she was thinking.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Malice smiled even brighter when Burke returned one. She had gotten used to his frown, and still found it quite rare when he did indeed gave signs he was happy having her around. She kind of imagined how weird it was for the man to have a woman back in his life after the death of his mate, and she was sure not to rush into anything with him. If he liked her, willingly or not, the truth would bubble to the surface eventually.

She giggled shortly at his words of working. He was always so blunt about things. Though, Malice wondered if he genuinely liked her or if he was only interested in the puppies she would give birth too. She didn't ask though, afraid to hurt both his feelings and her own ones. I am. She commented, blushing from the sudden touch Burke gave. Weird huh? Proud of something that is yet to be?
~Adopt Avalon!~

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke kept his eyes on her belly for a moment. The large male quirked up his lips slowly, and then nodded. It was weird to think, he had been super proud of Kendra and Pietro, even in their belly. Now, if he was honest he was not sure what to expect seeing that he had not really prepared himself for these pups. But he was certain that they would grow up well now, especially because they would grow up in the brotherhood. 

He was pleased to hear that Malice was proud of carrying his young, or well, their young. The male hummed softly. "Have you any experience with pups?," he asked curiously. He could see Malice being a mother, because she was secretly, or maybe not so secretly caring. At least towards him, so that was a good sign.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Perhaps, if the locusts had not attacked Teekon Wilds, Phantom Hollow had been a great place to raise her children. With her friends, her family, and the place she knew so well. Surely that had been an ideal place, IF the father hadn't been Burke and her affection toward him wasn't so pulling and magnetic. Why he had this effect on her, she didn't know, but she could feel it every time he was near. She wanted to be here, even with Nemesis if that was what it would take. She had left Phantom Hollow for multiple reasons, but one she kept hidden deep inside her. She left for him.

Not really. I hadn't stayed long enough in the pack I was born to see any young. She  hummed back, looking at Burke observing her swollen belly. A frown came upon her face. Or well, I couldn't stay. She added. Perhaps the only reason she was here now was because of her exile- was because of her mother...
~Adopt Avalon!~

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke wondered how this was going to work with a female that did not know how to be a mother. He at least hoped that instinct would kick in. It probably would have. Burke took interest in her words. "So you were kicked out from your old pack?," he asked curiously, now it was also time for him to get to know her. The male wanted to know more about her, and maybe he would show her more about him too. 

It seemed that most of the pack was hateful towards her. Burke might not show it but he disliked it, the same had happened with Sebastian and he hadn't stayed long. Then again, he was a mistake, and he was certain Malice was not. He hoped Malice was not, he was starting to open up.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Even if she had no experience whatsoever, she was a caring wolf, especially for young. At least, she hoped so. she knew little about squirming balls of fur, but truly, how difficult could it be? Even her own mother had raised her to be a well-spoken, well, murderer, and if the wreck that was her mother could do it, she could do it better. She would do it better. The kids she was carrying were going to be normal, and nothing would even happen to them. She would protect them, she swore. 

She sighed at his words. How had he guessed so quickly? Oh well, what did it matter. Affirmative, exiled by my own father. She hummed quite positively. She didn't know how, but the past was so dull that it didn't touch her anymore. The only thing that she did still carry around was the crying face of Lucifer, her mother's dead body and the disappointing stare of Avalon. Yet, if asked, she would tell, but she had listened to every word Burke had ever said, and could easily recall him saying that there was no use in dwelling on the past. Or at least something like that.
~Adopt Avalon!~

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke looked at her with a bit of a smirk when she confirmed that she was kicked out. "Ah, so there is a rebel hiding in you somewhere," he spoke with a bit of a grin on his face. The male kind of liked his rebels, or females that know what they wanted. Malice seemed to depend on him more, which was curious why he was interested in her. It just seemed there was so much more to her that what she showed, or what she believed she was showing. 

Burke quirked up his lips. "Well, hopefully that rebel will come out more," he spoke, probably going to regret those words later. "There is no shame in being kicked out. I left my old pack because I was fed up with it even though I tried to fix my mistakes. Then I came here. Which is already close to one and a half year from now. Gee. Time goes fast," he muttered and shook his head. "Before you know it you will feel at home here too, I'm sure of it!"
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Not even close to a rebel... She sighed, casting her gaze to the ground. I was a merciless killer, a straight-up bad guy. She admitted. It was true. She was raised a murderer, a crazed one. It was to be expected of the daughter of Lucifer after all. "just as cold as her father, just prettier" they had commented, and those comments still haunted her dreams. But ever after her that night on the beach, she had changed drastically. Perhaps she had always been so enthusiastic, so considerate and understanding, or maybe Cog had really made her best side rule her mind, soul and body. Whatever it was, she was not sure if she should be happy about it, especially as she was now in the Dark Brotherhood.

What mistakes? She questioned, naturally curious about her biggest crush's life. She could not really picture the calm Burke make mistakes, although the rest of the pack probably disagreed with her on that. It was no secret they all thought it was a stupid mistake that she was here. But if they were right had yet to be proven. Time does, indeed, fly fast. I can barely remember our first meeting. She giggled softly. She did remember how she almost wet herself and almost fainted because of the strong scent of the Brotherhood. She looked up to him, seeing a happy old man, yet the years he had spent living surely hadn't taken away his handsomeness. She smiled a goofy smile. I surely hope so.
~Adopt Avalon!~

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke was not surprised to hear that and somehow he was still a bit surprised at the same time. Because now he could not see much of that ruthless killer she was. He thought she was rather submissive sometimes. Maybe it was just him being around her. He had never really seen her be an alpha in her pack, or lead them. The male quirked up his lips. "I like bad girls," he grinned at her. Though, he had to admit that Malice interested him greatly even if she might not be so bad right now. 

"Oh you won't like those mistakes," he commented back at her. Because he knew women could get jealous, and he was not sure if Malice would get jealous. If she would be then well, that showed only more that she was actually falling in love with him. Was he even ready to deal with that? How as he going to react if she would confess that. He was not sure if he was fully over Meldresi, and maybe having someone else would make him get over his ex-mate. The male's brains twirled with all those thoughts. 

Burke caught her words and then grinned. "I do, you were super scared or at least, somehow every impressed. You were very easy to get to do what I wanted," he teased her a bit. The male could still be a bit of a jerk, but he was a nice jerk. He liked to think that at least.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Surely Burke remembered that Nemesis and her had had a hostile meeting all the way back in winter. Then again, it wasn't hard to assume Nemesis had that with everyone. Malice doubted she had any real friends, and because of that acted so rude, though what did she know? Her face flushed a bright red under her tan and black fur at Burke's words. She didn't know why. A bad girl she was, but if that girl was still inside her somewhere... No? Well, then you definitely could like my old me. She chuckled softly.

Malice scooted even closer to him. She was naturally curious of anything, and especially of the man laying beside her. Oooh, now you have to tell me. She teased. She was not the jealous type, not anymore, though of course she wouldn't want to share Burke with anyone. Okay, so he wasn't hers, but still she was laying inside his den with his children in her belly.

She nudged him gently at his words. Oh, shush. She chuffed. Of course she remembered how much of a wimp she had been around him. Never had she imagined them laying together or her even seeing the man again.
~Adopt Avalon!~

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke looked at her with a curious gaze. "Only change in what you want to," he commented. He did not want the female to revert back to her old ways thinking that he would like her more, because surprise he already liked her. The large male kept that to himself of course. It was still liking and not anything else, definitely not something else.

"When I was two, maybe two and a half, me a my brother and another female of our pack set out to found our own pack. On the way we scouted two other females and settled on a cliff. Me and my brother always battled to who was the alpha and who was the Beta. That competition was even more fueled when all the females went in heat," he explained. "Well I learned that consequence because all were pregnant. My bother was still the lazy dick he always was while I actually tried to feed all those young. Not a fun time. Eventually I had enough and left them," he spoke to Malice. It was kind of like she did now. "They did not appreciate me, of course I made a mistake but I tried to fix it and most survived anyhow. It even resulted in one of those pups agitating me after I joined Black Feather," he explained to her.

He looked to the side at Malice and then decided to continue. "His name is Sebastian and he looks like me so if you come across a me look-a-like you don't have to be nice to him," Burke stated to her, he did not realize that Malice had already ran into Sebastian before.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Malice did not even want to change back to her feral state of mind, for she was way above that now. Though she was desperate to fit in. It had not even come across her mind to change for Burke, since they already had such a great time together now. She knew he cared, otherwise she wouldn't be here now, and that was enough to satisfy the woman. Maybe her feelings were not returned, though that did not take away her love for him. It would be nice for as long as it lasted. She nodded understandingly, Keeping that satisfied smile of hers.

Her ears poked forward when he began telling his story. Malice didn't even knew he had a brother. That must have been awful. Malice did not know how much time and energy children consumed, but she did know how hard it was to hunt for a larger group. It was stressful, especially if you got one slacker in the team, what in Burke's case was his brother. I never knew you had a brother. She admitted, a bit baffled.

At the mention of Sebastian though, she shut her lips and became quite nervous. Should she tell Burke they had met? They say honesty was a great thing in a relationship, though Malice had promised not to speak about Seb. What was more regretful? Breaking a promise, or lying to Burke? Well, technically it wasn't lying, for he didn't ask, but still. Oh my, to imagine your own child hating you as much as to act so rudely... She shivered at the thought, forgetting she had just been like that, or even worse.
~Adopt Avalon!~

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke looked at her with a bit of a steely gaze but that was mostly becaus he was thinking about his past. "No matter. Sebastian apparently killed him." Which was probably for the better seeing that that male was truely insane with no sense of humanity. 

The large male shook his head. "It was not fun, no. But luckily here I have wolves that carry the load with me and of course I have children who I love and deserve that love," he explained to her. 

So sad, because in the meanwhile Damien is plotting against him. xD

Burke closed his eyes and let out a long sigh. "It was all in the past. Let's sleep now before it is time to rise again and I will be all tired," he murmured. After all he was becoming an old man and he needed his sleep.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
It's really sad indeed, yet such a good plot O_O

Her mouth went open in disbelief. The nice Sebastian killing someone, his own uncle, was not a thing she had expected. Well, she hadn't expected all of this from him. But, myabe he really had changed. It was possible, for if it wasn't that would mean she hadn't changed either. She swallowed loudly, though she did not know whether it was from thirst or the fact she could almost keep no secrets from Burke.

Luckily they didn't dwell long on the subject of Sebastian, and she could smile again. She really thought Burke deserved some love, both from her and the pack. He had gone through much, though his journey wasn't done just yet. A father he would be once again, and somewhere Malice felt bad about that. Clearly he didn't have the best memories of children. But that aside, she would be right there beside him to help. Parent ship was after all a team sport. You sure deserve it. She purred.

She watched him some more, before closing her own eyes as well. Yes... Goodnight Burke. She whispered softly.
~Adopt Avalon!~