Blackfoot Forest Thrift Shop
oh girl this boat is sinking
47 Posts
Ooc — Em
All Welcome 
Although she wouldn't admit it - a lady had standards you know - Em's feelings of uselessness had gnawed at the back of her thoughts the past few days. She'd gone out the prior day and attempted to flush out a partridge from the cliffs in the mountains that bordered the western half of the pack territory...but it had ended in failure. And today she'd gone out once more to the mountains and tried her hand at blitzing a hawk.

Again. Failure.

Emily's nape bristled with frustration as she stomped her way back into the border that now smelt of the intermingling scents of his brother and his wife. She smiled to herself at the thought of his happiness but felt the weight of her own relationship failure on her shoulders at the same time. It was tiresome...this love thing.

She didn't think she'd be willing to try it again.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
@Samuel this is the one I responded to if you want to jump in

Liri was patrolling as she often did, not wanting Rosings to be attacked unawares during a famine even if it was unlikely such a thing would happen. People did crazy things in times of need and she wasn't one to slack off carelessly. 

Another of their members was gone, this time Hosannah. Liri wasn't quite as upset about this one, Anna had begun to show her true colors within the pack land. The arctic wolf had begun to cut ties with her before the religionist dissapeared, seeing her callous treatment of Emily on the border. Even if the woman hadn't been related to their Alpha, Liri would have tried to help. 

Just as the thought appeared in her mind, Liri spotted Emily up ahead as she crossed back into their territory. Chuffing in greeting as she drew near the woman's side, Liri fell into step with Emily with a smile.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

47 Posts
Ooc — Em
"Ah!" she noted in recognition as Liri's voice alerted her to the other's approach. She ceased walking and allowed the pale wolf to catch up...the brightness of the Zeta's smile summoning one to Em's own lips. She dipped her head to mind the superior ranking of her company and turned somewhat so that they could look upon one another better; her eyes whisked along Liri's cheek respectively before she initiated the conversation between them. " Hello," she began. "How are you today?"  
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri gave the woman a nod of thanks. "I'm fine, how are you faring? You gave us quite a scare at the border. I may not have many herbs left but if you need anything feel free to come to me." 

Remembering Anna's words at the border about wasting resources on a 'touched' one she couldn't help but feel a bit of confusion. Touched by what? A man? Did that mean Liri too was a waste then, considering she had had a mate before Sam? It was too confusing, she pushed the thoughts away and focused on Emily instead.

47 Posts
Ooc — Em
A nod agreed with the sentiment of Liri's declaration; Em too had suffered quite the scare. And certainly she wouldn't have fared much longer without the sudden support of his brother and the pack. "My shoulder has healed more than enough for me to gimp around on," she said with a dismissive shake of her head. "If the hills were more bountiful I might just take you up on that offer...I'm not much good at being a tough gal." The latter bit was punctuated with a joking wink and a happy wag of her tail. "But in all honesty thank you for your help and thank you for continued consideration."

She hated to ask but could no longer pretend to be entirely familiar with the pallid she wolf. "I'm sorry," she said with sincerity, "but while I was busy with my ugly crying at the border I didn't catch your name."     
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri chuckled at the woman's joking matter, tail wagging at the prospect of a new friend. She was certain this woman would stick around seeing her relation to Aaron. Hope bloomed in her chest, maybe she could finally have a female friend. 

"Oh, right. I'm Liri. Nice to meet you," Liri gave her a friendly smile, feeling a bit silly about not introducing herself earlier.

The Unknown Strength
105 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Sorry I'm late!

With his weight dropping as the famine grew worse and worse, Samuel's strength was dwindling to the bone. Yet, he managed to find himself scraps of food, or what he at least considered food. However, it wouldn't keep him the same way before. 

What mattered to him most though was making sure that Liri had enough to eat. The alst thing he wanted was his dearest to die because he couldn't provide her. So, he decided to go and find her. If he could not bring food to the table, where was he wrong in providing his everbeating heart for her with a fountain of love?

With a little less of a bounce in his trotting steps, he found the scent of his wife and followed it quickly. Coming upon the scene, he saw the ghost of the whoods with another he didn't know. Seeing that the two were conversing calmly, he decided to approach calmy and with respect. With a neutral position, he made his way over.

"Hi there Liri" he said, nudging her on the shoulder with his own gently. He turned his attention towards the unknown woman. "And who might you be?" he asked, his head somewhat tilted in curiosity.
[Image: giphy.gif]
47 Posts
Ooc — Em
I'm sorry as well! I got totally bogged down last week...I ended up completing 88 custom orders with my shop ;_; I love the money but I was getting a little overwhelmed there for a minute!

--

"Emily Odolf," she said without prompt. Perhaps Liri was already entirely familiar with her name...but honestly in those wee moments of her arrival Em's perception betwixt reality and fiction was nothing more than a blurred line. She couldn't distinguish what she'd said or merely thought no more than she could comprehend the number of stars in the midnight sky.

Her slim head twisted toward the rustling of another's approach and she stanched a frown that burdened her lips; she wasn't fond of seeing men in more precarious states of health than her own. How would he protect her? All presumptive thoughts toward his redeeming qualities - traits SHE liked in a man - halted at the sight of his gaunt figure standing closely to Liri...a she wolf she assumed held great importance to him base on the lovey dovey glimmer in his eyes.

Interesting she thought to herself.

"Emily Odolf," she said again at his inquiry. "I am the littermate to Aaron. I was found staggering half-dead at the borders a small time ago." She looked to him and waited for his introduction...her plume swaying gently in her patient silence.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri smiled as her mate appeared, though concern could be seen as she took on his gaunt stature. He was as skinny as the rest of them, but still she worried. Knowing how Gotham had passed did little to ease her mind.

"This is Sam." She introduced him politely, wondering if it would bother him. "He wasn't at the borders when you arrived. I believe it was me, Faramir, and Hosannah as the only subordinates there."

The Unknown Strength
105 Posts
Ooc — H2O
ooc: I suck at memory :(

He was about to speak to the new lady, but Liri already introduced him. He didn't mind, less talking for him. He could only nod his head in agreement, looking at the other girl. "I wasn't, apologies for not arriving to meet you sooner" he said, his smile soft and tender. Of coarse, it wasn't the smile he would offer Liri, it was his normal smile he wore. 

Liri's smie was a whole new ball game, one that reflected love and deep care.
[Image: giphy.gif]