Two Rivers Isle A day off
Like a dream, the tree of life covers me, and dulls my eyes; I fall asleep.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Private 
@Aeronwyn if you want a nice female bonding/exploring thread. Set when Burke is watching the kids. It's late in the morning, the sun's heat is not yet at it's peak and looming dark gray clouds are rolling this way from the East.

As the sun raise, so did the band of mistfits. Malice awoke next to Burke as usual, her kids at her belly, Aeronwyn doing her own. With a loud yet cute yawn Malice opened her yellow eyes to take in how this place looked like in the morning. They had quite slept in if she looked at the sun correct, but that did not matter anymore. The Dark Brotherhood would never find them here, and if they did- they would drown them all in the rivers. Malice had watched the stars that night when she couldn't sleep for a few hours, and was happy to spot the most important ones. She could finally navigate here again, not like the crowded woods of Blackfeather.

She nosed Burke awake and shoved her kids at his belly. Someone needed to explore, and Malice- being the one who had suggested this place- found herself fit for the job. Besides, it would give overprotective dad some time alone with his boys. Vassago already seemed to like him, but Pyro was more keen on her it seemed. At last she had a family, though broken and shaken a bit. They were here, and this was more real than any kind of fake relationships Burke had in the Brotherhood.

Whether Aeronwyn wanted to tag along was her choice, but Malice did give her a nice small smile and a motion of her head to ask; "you coming along?"
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
Her eyes were slitted, seeking protection against the rude sunlight that sent a spear into her brain. With a wince, she opened them all the way, watching Burke and Malice a short distance away. She rolled her shoulders as she stood, arching her spine and stretching her stiff limbs. Giving her pelt a quick shake, she watched as Malice pushed the squirming bundles toward Burke's side, watching the squirming bundles with what looked what pride. She already felt protective over the bundles, and they were strong- they had survived so much. 

Her eyes flashed to Malice as she extended her invitation, and with a liesurely nod she strolled toward the femme. "Why not?" she responed, rather excited to explore their new place. It was beautiful, at least what they had seen, and she wanted to see more.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Hopefully Burke wouldn't mind Malice venturing out to explore with their latest addition to the band, but alas- he had no choice but to accept it. He could stop her, but that would mean leaving the pups, and the scarred woman didn't think bunny-but would kill his own children just because she wanted to go on an adventure. At least here she knew where she was going again.

She said nothing as Aeronwyn showed signs of wanting to go with her, but she did keep her warm, motherly smile. Soon after the words were spoken, Malice turned, facing the direction where she knew the forest would be. Her objective was to see if there were any nice spots for a den- and clean water nearby it would also be great, but with the rivers everywhere she didn't deem in necessary. Her soar yet determined body started moving, taking in this new scent- their new home. 

Assuming Aeronwyn followed, they entered the forest together, and there she stopped for a moment. Why don't you go look for a nice place to rest, while I seek a den for the young and me? She asked. Or do you fancy that we stick together?
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
Aeronwyn tread lightly on the ground, which was full of new growth and budding greenery. The foliage was thickening, growing, and for that the pale wraith was glad. It meant renewal, more prey, and the end of a time of death and ruin. She followed Malice, but after a moment fell into step with her. She was beginning to admire the woman, for she had given birth in a pack that had hated her, been imprisoned, escaped, and traveled miles with her shattered family to achieve a new beginning. She was truly a devoted mother.

For a moment, Aeronwyn longed to be like her. With pups of her own, to experience that fierce bond that so evidently tied Malice and Burke and their pups together. But that was a distant thought, a dream, more like, and Aeronwyn, however much she loathed to do so, pushed that thought away. 

Malice asked her another question, and Aeronwyn answered without hesitation. "Lets stay together. I'll help you find a place"
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Malice had the strange feeling that all the death and suffering of the hungry would end soon. The green was almost blinding, the way the sun just seemed to dance in it, and Malice- who had only experienced the gray and brown of the famine and the den she and Burke had shared while they were imprisoned- had to blink a few times as the sun began raising higher and higher. The famine was coming to an end, the wind told her, and she couldn't wait for her children to see the world like this. 

Somewhere, Malice could relate to Aeronwyn. She had left Brotherhood, thinking that thing would be better if she left, mostly for the great leadership Burke brought. Malice just hoped and prayed this plan would work out better for her pale friend who had traveled all these miles with them. Devoted she was for sure, and if Moonlit Hills would have been full of wolves like her- Malice would probably still be there. But she had no say over the past anymore. Everything behind the mountains that they had climbed to get here was in the past, and here they would start anew.

Malice smiled at the pale woman. Perhaps first a little skeptical about her, after all these miles together- she had surely taken a liking to the female. They were the only women in their little band- clearly at a disadvantage when it came to the men, even if two were still little potatoes, so they had to stick together. Thank you. Malice spoke softly, not wanting the peace that ruled over this forest to be disturbed. She started walking, slowly observing the place, taking everything in. A resting place they would find for sure, but when was the question. I am glad you were loyal to Burke. I'm sorry we couldn't meet sooner, but I was kind of in a tight situation there. Malice giggled it off with a shrug. Everyone was fine, that was all that mattered now.
~Adopt Avalon!~

sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
Aeronwyn found herself smiling for a number of reasons. Firstly, Malice was kind, but not weak. No, she possessed a will and a strength that was certainly rather impressive. Also, Malice was the closest thing she had to a friend in...a long time. Aeronwyn was feeling rather at ease at the moment. She felt, as did Malice and Burke, that this was something of a fresh start. Though she didn't know what exactly, of how, she would like to start anew. 

Speaking in an equally soft tone, Aeronwyn said "Where to? Should we try the center territory, or the surrounding area?" From the brief exploration Aeronwyn had initiated beforehand, she understood that there were various "regions", per say. She thought it wonderful an single island could be so diverse.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away

It was a tremendous forest to say the least. It had the peace Phantom Hollow had, but the quietness here was different. Malice didn't find it to be quiet at all here. Birds up in the trees were chattering lightly, their songs accompanying the soft summer breeze that twisted and turned to maneuver through the trees. Never had she seen a place like this, so full of potential and diverse. Her paws, that were used to walking on dirt, were now placed on soft grass, gray stones lingering almost everywhere that she avoided with bigger steps. Her yellow gaze went to the heavens to see a beautiful sight of the sun poking through the leaves that were already starting to grow back.

Suddenly though, she stopped in her tracks. She saw something, an opening, perhaps the den of someone that walked here moons ago. I don't think we have to look much further. She made a little nod toward the big opening that was placed at the side of a very small hill. She started pacing toward it, taking in the scent. She stuck her head inside, only to find nothing there-not even the smell of prey that might have used this den. It was big, enough to fit her and Burke and two little potatoes, and she instantly loved this whole place more. Sure, it reminded her of the den in Phantom Hollow, but she wouldn't let her self pity get to her now. 

She pulled her head back out and turned to Aeronwyn. How about this?
~Adopt Avalon!~

sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
So they walked, in silence for a few moments. Aeronwyn noticed the soft grass and her paws, the green on the trees. Every bit seemed out of place, probably because that land she had been living in had been dead as long as she had known it. Her eyes found the den just as Malice begun to speak, and she slowed. It certainly looked big, and seemed in a good loaction for the new family. Malice then proceeded to stick her whole head inside the den, then asked Aeronwyn for her opinion. 

The wraith stepped lightly to Malice's side, peering into he den for a moment as her eyes adjusted to the gloom. It was big, evidently, and no scent lingered here. She listened for a moment, scenting the air, but there was no trace of any residence in the abode.

Pulling her muzzle out and looking to Malice, she nodded. "It is good. Large, and in a good area, protected. It's perfect for you, Burke, and the pups." Aeronwyn thought she ought to make her den nearby, not in the near vicinity, allowing the family their privacy, but near enough so that she could keep an eye on the surrounding area. Their claim was still not complete, and any loner could waltz right in here. She would make sure that didn't happen.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away

Malice smiled. Perhaps this was the most fun she had had all week. Just spending some time with one of the band members, scouting for dens in a lush forest that smelled as rich as it looked. The mother had made up her mind: they would settle here, and no one could take it from them. She would protect this land and her band with her life, and all loners were to be kept far away. Perhaps they should mark the borders now they were busy anyway, though Malice found it fit to first look for a den nearby for her girl friend.

She nodded at the white woman's comment. She brushed the side of the den with her coat to make sure her scent was recent, and if that wasn't enough, she walked a bit further and peed there. It was the most obvious claim, though she knew loners often just ignored signs that places were taken. What about we find you a place to settle now? She asked. After, perhaps we can see where the borders lay and make sure our scent is recent. 
~Adopt Avalon!~

sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
Oooh! Pretty <3

Aeronwyn watched as Malice staked her claim to the den, though if Burke added his scen later it would be more concrete. Aeronwyn's thoughts echoed Malice's, though she did not know it. This land was theirs, and they would keep it that way. Sure, they might need more followers, at the borders needed to be marked, but this would be theirs. And the wraith would be damned if she let anyone else take it from them.

The dark femme offered to help find Aeronwyn a den, and at this she smiled. Her mention of marking the borders earned a nod from Aeronwyn, for that needed to be done as soon as possible to stake their claim on these lands. But for now, finding a place for her would be good. "Let's do that, and then we can mark the borders." after a moment, she added "Thank you, Malice."

She motioned to her left, and begun in that direction. It was after a short while that she chanced upon what looked like a misshappen pile of boulders, it seemed. Interested, and wondering if this may serve as a den, Aeronwyn rounded the pile, inspecting it with sharp silver eyes. She found what she was looking for fairly quickly; a hollow in between the boulders, one that was the perfect size for her, and perhaps with some room left over. She peered inside, scenting at once the scent of fox, however it was faint and would not be a problem anymore. In side, it was more spacious then she expected; not as big as the den Malice had chosen but still spacious. Turning to her friend, she asked "What do you think?"
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Gaining followers wouldn't be a problem for them. After the famine, she knew loners would be looking for a real meal, and the only way to achieve this was with a group. Perhaps it was even necessary to gain lost weight, for the famine had lingered for a rough 2 months already. Malice wondered if some had died from the barren land, alone, starved. Surely there had to be some who hadn't made it, though she had to say their ban was in pretty good form. While all thinner than what they were used to, they were still strong and had energy to devote themselves to claiming this land.

She grinned when Aeronwyn agreed on the activities for today. She was caught off guard by the sudden thanks, but she did not know how she had earned it. Perhaps it was because without Burke and her escaping, she had never been free like this. Malice did not know, but was not about to question it. Don't mention it. She smiled.

Aeronwyn now took the lead, and Malice followed at her side, making sure she made notes so she could find her own place when they came back. After some minutes of wandering, a spot came in sight. It were bolders, quite big ones, stacked up in a pile. It was so conveniently placed that it created a hollow space in the middle where a wolf could easily fit in. But Malice wasn't the only one who saw this, as moments later, Aeronwyn inspected the stack of bolders. It indeed smelled like fox here, but it was as good as gone. Perhaps in spring a mother fox had gave birth to her young here, and now they had already left. Who knew.

Malice nosed over the bolders, and made sure that the bolders were all stacked properly so they wouldn't fall on top of her new friend. They all seemed to be almost glued on tight to each other, and not even the strong Malice could make them budge. It is lovely. Malice commented, for it truly was. Very spacious, but not lonely. Plus, it is near to the other den. 
~Adopt Avalon!~

sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
Should be make another thread for setting borders?

Malice inspected the den with her, the rocks did not budge and they seemed solid. It was perfect, she reasoned; close to the others, stable, and able to withstand and protect it's inhabitants from poor weather and cold. Yes, this would be hers, she reasoned. The pale wraith kneaded her paws against the mouth of the den, planting her scent alongthe ground in front of it. She scraped her fur along the inside and she entered and twisted in the space, after a moment stepping out again. 

She needed no words to express her thoughts, this would be hers. With every thing they did on this land, it felt as if their claim settled in a little deeper. Turning to Malice, she gestured toward the sound of the river. "Where will we mark our borders? Our side of the rivers, or the opposite shore?"
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Yes! I'll fade with this post and tag you in another :)

The white female claimed her spot on the new land they had found, and no words were spoken. Malice just watched the other with an amused smile, but often did her eyes wander to the treetops. Birds were singing, and she was not used to that at all, having lived in the silent Phantom Hollow for so long. She knew they were there, somewhere, hiding.

After Aeronwyn was done with her claim, Malice placed her attention on her again, and thought for a moment. Marking the borders on the other side of the river would not be necessary in her eyes, but to be safe one often overdid things. Let's mark on the other side for now. When our scent has become one with this place, we can mark on this side. She reasoned, and she started walking toward the river with a motion of her head.
~Adopt Avalon!~

sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
Aeronwyn listened, and accepted Malice's words with a quick nod. She wasn't huge fan of getting wet, but that didn't matter now. She fell into step with the dark femme beside her, making their way to the south of the island, where mountains stood like might giants in the distance. Green grew and birds sang, and the wraith felt at ease. Here, she had a home. Here, she had something resembling a family. Here, she would be happy.