Sun Mote Copse Getting along better with your associate employee contemporaries
106 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
All Welcome 
When he wasn't locked in a passionate dance with his Ekar-Aji or serving the sister's other whims, Ar-Khalba found himself on the fringes of the Sun Mote Copse more often than naught. There was work to be done if they were to establish their empire in the name of Molech here. The borders needed to be tended to, so Ar-Khalba set out as soon as he could to begin the time consuming task of marking their territory.

Apart from stopping to spread his scent, he kept a consistent pace. There was something about walking alone through the territory that set him at ease. It was quiet here. These moments of silence were something he enjoyed. It was easy to see Molech's many blessings around him -- the great consumer would need to be thanked with blood, and the time would soon come.

After passing tree after non-descript tree, Khalba stopped for a moment to lift his leg. With a steady stream, he claimed this land in the name of Molech!
51 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Devin trotted along the bright forest, it was growing there. Yes! Growing! It was exciting to see the life returning to the wilds. She was especially excited for it to come to the sound where she took up refuge. She stopped under a large tree when she noticed a scent. It was the beginning of a pack scent, and freshly marked. She skirted along its edges, hoping to avoid a confrontation, but was curious to follow it further. After a moment to sniff at the smell, the ivory ghost continued on her way.

Soon she found a small male wolf up ahead, pissing all over a tree. He was clearly the cause of the marking, and she was interested to learn of his new pack. Whatcha doin? She asked, sitting down a bit always from him, white tail curled around her tiny paws.
[Image: 2woy713.gif] I, II, III, IV, V
[Image: al40op.gif] I, II, III, IV, V
106 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
His steady stream soon became a slow trickle -- and then, nothing. He shook his leg to dry himself and then brought it back down to the ground. With all four paws firmly planted down, Ar-Khalba took a step forward to continue along his trail. There was much more marking to do, this was only the beginning of what would be a vast empire. However, upon hearing a voice, he came to a halt and turned his head.

A woman. Youthful, but no child. She would soon come of an age that would be of use to Molech.

"Marking," he replied, though he found his explanation to be needless. It was obvious that he was simply doing his duty to anyone who watched. The girl on the other hand... "One could ask the same about you," he muttered, shrugging. "Have you heard Molech's call?"
51 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Well of course he was marking. That wasn't the answer she wanted. Stepping a bit closer to the strange male, the coywolf paused at his returned question. The fuck is a Mole heck? She thought, a confused and sour look on her face. Devin wasn't one for religions and things. She'd never believed in anything in her whole life. But she was curious. The white female sat down again, daintily stopping to lick at her long white legs. After a moment of taking her time, she glanced back up at the male.

What's Moleh? She asked, disregarding his original question. Devin was impatient and rude sometimes. She returned to cleaning herself while waiting for his response.
106 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
These wolves who called this foreign place home -- these heathens -- they were so ignorant. First it had been the woman and her child, Akazia if he recalled correctly, who had never heard the name of the one who consumed all. She had even gone so far to reject Molech outright which lit an angry fire within Ar-Khalba's belly. This wolf was one of the same, ignorant of God itself.

He would fulfil his duty to Molech by enlightening her. Like the woman before her, she would be offered a choice. "Molech is the one who consumes -- an eight armed wolf who is power incarnate," he said, unable to conceal the slight amount of unease that lay in the timbre of his voice. Molech was to be regarded with fear, even by his closest servants -- and he, a mere male, needed feel it twice as much.
51 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
And eight legged wolf. That was just stupid. What would that wolf be doing with all those legs? Where would those legs all protrude from? It seemed like way many legs to fit on one wolf's body. The male wolf even seemed to sound afraid at the mention of this Molech, which confirmed her thoughts that this was probably some weird religion. She raised her brows and responded quickly. Nah. I was just coming through, smelled your scent 'n thought I'd check out this new pack. You starting a pack in Molech's name? She asked, interested in the cult but also not. She was conflicted at the moment. She'd been on many scouting missions, but had never encountered Molech or its disciples, so now would be as good as any time to learn. She liked to know the word on the street and all.
106 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
She inquired further, and that made Khalba wary. The Malkaria were a secretive bunch who did not let go of their secrets all willy-nilly. Those who followed Molech were to keep a tight lip around outsiders -- and he, a male, had no right to divulge any information to an outsider such as this. But her would placate her with an answer to her question, though it would be the last he would answer. "Yes," he spoke succinctly. 

"But you will learn no more," quipped Khalba sharply. "I offer you a choice; pledge your soul to Molech, or leave this place." If she remained and devoted herself to the eight-armed one, their secrets could be hers. It was an important choice -- one to be made with much thought, because if she chose the Malkaria, she would not leave alive.
51 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Last for me :)

And then she came to a decision. A drastic change in conversation. It had gone from learning about Molech to selling her soul to it. She wasn't sure she was ready for that kind of relationship. Even if she had known more about it, she probably wouldn't have joined them. However the fact that he was so vague tipped her iceberg. Devin frowned as if she was thinking, then shook her head. Molech sounds like one scary bitch. I think I'd rather leave. But thanks for letting me know about this territory and your pack. She gave him a smirk before turning around. This had been a successful scouting mission. She'd learned of a new pack with a strange new religion. Surely Caiaphas would like to hear it. And just like she'd came, the ghost was gone.
106 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
I'll go ahead and ship this to the archives! Thanks for the thread!

Such blasphemy passed the stranger's lips that Ar-Khalba couldn't help but bear his teeth with a nasty snarl. Molech was to be feared, of course, but this heathan lacked the respect that Molech desired -- no, demanded. The curse of the consumer would be upon her. Surely, Molech's eye would follow and divvy out her required punishement.

She turned to leave on her own. Khalba made no move to chase her out, despite her offensive comment. However, it would have been a lie if he said he didn't follow her trail for a ways, just to make sure that she had left this hallowed ground permanently.