Nocturne Summit Seeking The Stars
Sometimes you just have to throw on a crown and show them who they're dealing with.
227 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
After her time spent with Cicero, Amber found herself unable to return home right away. Deciding to be out another night, find a mountain to get closer to the stars, the shadowy queen wandered further across the Wilderness. 
Nocturne Summit wasn't her first choice, but the Moonspear next to it had been claimed. This one was easy to scale and Amber slipped her way to a comfortable place to watch the stars, a flat area in which she could stare into the sky and still not be snuck up on. Settling with her tail curling over her paws like a feline, the womans bold, ocean blue eyes stared up into the black sky. They flicked from star to star curiously, wishing to know what exactly was going on up there. 

@Charon :3
[Image: Z077D80.jpg]
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Nocturne Summit was a sore reminder of how much he had lost in recent times. The herds were returning, but Charon's pride was wounded and he felt an uncontrollable hatred towards the Caldera wolves that had, in his eyes, taken it from him. Besides that, the pack overall wasn't even in good enough shape to make good of the returning herds, right now.

He wasn't even sure why he returned here. Maybe in hopes he would see the Caldera wolves again, to finish what he had started then.

Upon a ledge he found another, and ears cupped forward curiously. He identified her as no one he knew, and chuffed to announce his presence. "What're you doing here?" here asked, his words not unkind but lacking any sort of warmth at the same time.
Sometimes you just have to throw on a crown and show them who they're dealing with.
227 Posts
Ooc —
Amber's ears flicked around to the pale man a few seconds before he noticed her, and she caught the chuff easily. Swinging her face around, over her raven-feather shoulder, and fixing him with those soulful blue eyes for a moment, she flared her nostrils towards him to better catch his scent. He didn't look threatening, but his words seemed restrained, and the Ciel woman gave Charon a smile.  
              "This was the next best spot to be closer to the stars, the mountain over there is claimed by.... Oh, I suppose you, huh?"
Amber stood, blinking innocently at the alpha as she recognized his scent from the borders shed turned from. She held herself with no dominance, but it was clear in her easy demeanor and lifted head that she was confident in herself. Her tone, as always, was honey sweet like a sirens song, and slick as dew. 
                     "Sorry if I'm too close, I just wanted to see the stars."
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Though he felt tense at first, Charon soon relaxed as she turned to speak to him in a way that was not threatening in any way. He felt flattered by the way she spoke of his mountain, especially because she knew it to be his. He nodded to confirm her suspicions, and when she said that she was here looking for the stars, he was sold on her. "You can almost touch the stars from my mountain," he said. He'd never gone to its tallest tips, wasn't sure it was even possible, but Charon knew they could not be too much farther off from Moonspear. He hoped some day he would find the mountain that was so tall one could touch the stars from there.

"Where does your interest in the stars come from?" he asked curiously as he settled on the ledge next to her and cast his gaze upwards again, to the stars. His came mostly from aesthetics but over time, had evolved into knowledge and a feeling of belonging.
227 Posts
Ooc —
Amber's own passion for them was tempered, if only because she had little knowledge of them. They'd led her here to Spring, they'd kept her company when not a soul was around. The stars were a sense of comfort, a calming and peaceful way to escape it all. And lord did she wish there was a place, somewhere, to truly feel them at her paws and take them with her to her den. 
            "I envy your home, then. I'd love to take just one home and stick it in my den. Never again would I be alone...."
Turning her ocean blue eyes up to the sea of stars, she kept the same honey-slicked tone she always did. Charon seemed okay with her here, even more happy that she shared a passion with him: she could tell he was one of the stars, without him saying much. Just by the way he sat by her, cast his gaze upwards. 
                         "The stars led me to my long lost sister, were there when I was traveling all alone, when I lost my pack. They've always been there, so close, never once leaving me. What about you?"
Perhaps they were silly, childish reasons, but a look to the navy sky washed her into peace. It was then she realized she hadn't given a name, and the shadow fae dipped her head in respect.
                                                  "My name is Amber, by the way. Amber Ciel."
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon grinned as she mentioned wishing to pick up a star and stick it in her den. Wouldn't that be a sight? Charon liked the idea, though he wasn't sure he'd ever be able to get close enough. Yet it would always remain a dream of his to behold the stars all the way up close.

It was the first time that Charon heard another use the stars as a guiding mechanism, as though they were telling her what to do, too. As though they were watching her, like they watched him. He could not help but smile at that sentiment and felt himself growing more curious for her and her connection to the stars.

As she introduced himself he nodded and said, "I'm Charon Ostrega. The stars... It is as if they whisper to me, guide me. Been like that since I was little and watched them from the mouth of the den with my mother. It feels like I'm their chosen, destined for great things." What sort of great things, he didn't yet know, but he was sure that he would perform these great things once he was ready for it and once it was needed he do them.
227 Posts
Ooc —
The man beside her seemed happy with his answer, smiling, and gave his name: Charon Ostrega. He too was guided by the fiery lights, found solace in them. Like her, Charon knew he was destined for great things. 
               "Two chosen children of the stars, finally meeting."
Amber giggled, keeping her midnight eyes flitting back up to the equally as blue sky. Connected to them as he was, perhaps he could give her some information? Feathery tail wagging kindly behind them, the self-proclaimed queen spoke to Charon towards the stars above.
                             "Can you teach me about them? Further expand my knowledge of what we both dearly love?"
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
At her reaction, Charon snorted; he didn't really believe she was anyone special, even if she seemed like a good sort. He liked her, but he also liked to think his status as the chosen of the gods, stars and whatever else out there a privilege. Not something he was eager to share with anyone, not even someone he liked on first glance.

As for her question, he returned it with another: "What do you know about the stars so far? Do you want to hear stories or look at constellations?" He had a couple of good star stories he'd picked up over time, of course, though he also didn't mind showing her some constellations if she preferred.
227 Posts
Ooc —
His snort confused her, and she might've asked about it had he not already been asking her what she knew and what she wanted to know. Anything he would tell her, really, she was in no hurry to go anywhere when valuable information was to be learned right here. 
            "I know a couple of consellations and a story or two, but nobody was ever around me who knew about them. Not till you. So whatever you're willing to spill right here and now, I'd never know how to thank you." 
The obsidian woman was passionate about it and more than willing to learn, she just needed the right teachers.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
He nodded at her answer, which didn't give him much to go on. She knew some things, but not everything — then again, his own information was patchy like that, too. He suggested, "How about I show you a couple of constellations and then you tell me something you know?" Because sharing information was always better than simply giving it out for free without receiving any in return.

He looked at the skies then, trying to find a constellation nearby. Having learned from his teaching experience with Potema he pointed a paw at the sky in the direction of the constellations he was looking at and picked an easy-to-find favourite — "That squarey thing with a tail is the big dipper. And there's a little version too." He looked at Amber briefly to see if she had found the right stars and understood what he meant. Hopefully they weren't a few of the constellations she already happened to know.
227 Posts
Ooc —
Nodding in agreement, Amber pulled together the few things she did know of the stars. Most if not all of them were stories, but that was okay too. Together, they looked to the stars, and almost at once he jabbed a paw towards one she, thankfully, didn't know. Her eyes followed his motions, easily finding the Big Dipper and tracing it to mind. She smiled, committing the name and shape to mind before turning ocean orbs on him. It was a Greek story, if she remembered correctly.
                        "Do you know the story of Ariadne's Crown?"
She looked back up, seeking out the bowl shaped constellation before pointing her own inky paw to it.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
She found the stars he pointed out easily enough, and was quick to ask him something in return. When she asked, he shook his head and said, "No, please tell me." Then he cast his gaze to the sky, awaiting whether a constellation was mentioned here or if it was just the story. They talked for a little while longer about the stars before eventually, they each went their own way again.