The Sentinels One love, one blood, one life
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
All Welcome 
Time spares no man, indeed... Osprey chuckled to herself, while watching her reflection in the lake. It had been a while since she had seen her face and what she saw would make any former beauty queen cry in despair, yet for a person like this elder, who had never cared much for her looks, this was a source of amusement. 

The famine and nursing children during it had taken it's toll on her, her fur was thin, her frame skinny and fragile looking, her eyes lied deep in their sockets and the gray hair around her face, head and neck had faded even more - another year and she would become completely white. 

She sat down and sighed, then out of a whim, lifted one of her forepaws and touched the still surface of the water, making it ripple and therefore her reflection disappeared. Were it a fairy-tale and she was a witch, she could make herself young again just by touch and few magic words.
slowly drifting, wave after wave
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
I SHOULDN'T BUT SHE LOVES OSPREY

deirdre moved throughout the forest, listening to its gentle whispers. in her mouth she carried healing herbs to aid a wounded rabbit that perhaps would be best hunted and killed. the mayfair girl was a gentle soul, however, and the forest creatures had learned to come to her when in great need. her own prey drive seemed to fall upon the larger creatures of the realm, but even they were given quarter on the odd occassion. those within donnelaith were not privy to the feeling of her teeth; she hunted in the outer reaches of the proverbial sanctuary. 

with the famine finished, deirdre looked now more than ever to be the woman she would become; she had filled out her curves and her fur shone with a new sheen that came from the nutrients the prey and the plantlife profered. she was a startling contrast to osprey, but when deirdre looked upon the woman in the near-distance she only saw beauty. her tail beat excitedly behind her as she approached the mother, herbs still betwixt her lips as she moved.
[Image: BCay9TG.png]
in oceans deep. my faith will stand
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
ooc: do you want me to archive our old thread here - http://wolf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=15345 ?

When Osprey's eyes met Deirdre's, she was surprised by how much the girl had grown up. It seemed that only a short while ago this dashing young woman had been a tiny cub, nestled by Blue willow's side. Or the awkward proprotioned teenager with innocent eyes. Now she was one step away from being a fully grown-up and her beauty would continue to flourish. 

"Hello, little witch," the elder told the girl softly and walked towards the young sylph. "What mischief are you up to?"
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
osprey greeted her, and deirdre at once dropped the herbs to move and nuzzle the woman a fond hello. i am collecting herbs to store, she informed osprey excitedly. truly she was happy that the life had returned to donnelaith, but the absence of her father here was still terribly evident to his daughter. and what mischief are you up to? she responded in kind, wondering if her friend wished for company.

WOWEEEE yeah finally responded to it omg
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
"None really," Osprey shrugged, not wanting to share the burden that was weighing her shoulders down with the young sylph. She cast one last fleeting glance at her reflection, which still showed the rather weather-beaten and grizzled face of a wolf, and then looked the girl in the eyes for a moment, as if searching for something. But this lasted only for a moment, because then her gaze was averted politely and she asked: "May I join you on the herb hunt? Never been much of a herbalist myself, but I would be glad to do something different for a change."
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
deirdre believed osprey, but she was known to be intuitive and perceptive. she would have trusted anything the woman said, but there was something in the others eyes in that brief look, an ellipses, a nonverbal but..., and although deirdre wanted to say something, she doubted what she had seen. deirdre thought only to lean briefly into osprey for a moment, and nose her fondly. she loved osprey, and the thought that something was amiss caused her heart to twist. she would not ask, the look had been to brief to know for certain!

yes! deirdre answered the question perhaps too quickly; but she was eager for osprey's company. she had been busy with the cubs, and deirdre was glad to spend any time at all with her. i would love for you to join me, her tail waved behind her, and she took a step and gestured in the direction she'd been initially heading, before diverting her course. i was just going to collect some chervil, first, she informed, this aids one when they have a belly-ache.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
"I don't have a belly-ache, but I would like to see, what it is. Sounds bitter," Osprey fell easily in step with Deirdre, looking around at the vast variety of plants around them. She had never been good with plants, aside from telling apart those, which she could eat and which would mean a certain death, should she decide to consume them. Healing plants - a mystery. From the times she had watche Blue willow in action, it had seemed as if she was a magician, putting a bit of this and that in a common cooking pot and performing something amazing. 

ooc: I am sorry for cutting this short, but would you mind fading it out in your next post? Thank you!