Sleeping Dragon Opal
Did someone say plants?
526 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
All Welcome 
for Portia's botanist trade!! Come learn ?? (:

Just outside a pile of boulders sat the pale Kru. There was a large hole beneath one of the boulders, big enough for a fully grown male to squeeze-- but thankfully it was only tiny Portia who could slip in and out with ease. The girl dropped tiny seeds at her feet, ducking quickly into the den and coming out with a skull-- most likely that of a fox or a coyote. She scratched at the earth, pulling out the grass and revealing dark dirt and soil, using her paw to scoop it into the hollowed skull. Portia then dropped a few seeds into the skull, and scooped more dirt into it, then patted gently at the soil. 

She he then stared lovingly at the strange flower pot, her tail thumping against the ground.
green text signifies trigedasleng.
33 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Heyy :D

[table][tr][td valign=center] [/td][td]

The Sleeping Dragon was a rocky place, boulders sprouted at odd angles from the floor in the most random of places and the coat of green was partial at best. It was a beautiful place, there was no way to deny that, but the mountain was a wild and unforgiving beast.

Uleön had taken long enough to find herself a place to rest, keeping it close to the Heda both to build the confidence and to help her old bones from having to move around too much. But she could not just sit around all day and expect the world to come looking for her aid, she had to put herself out there and let the pack see her, know her, trust her. So she wandered, both exploring the place and hoping to find a new face, but thankfully she didn't have to look for long.

Sitting atop a boulder, a pale female observed a quirky object with interest, and Uleön made her way there curiously. "Interesting Method," barked the Sage curiously at the pale gardener, and looked up from the flower cranium-pot to seek her spotter face with a lazy smile.

[/td][td valign=center] [/td][/tr][/table]
Did someone say plants?
526 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
After she finished observing, Portia bent to pick up the skull, but was interrupted. Her green eyes turned upward, accidentally meeting that of an elder woman. She shakes her head, dipping it down is silent apology for meeting her gaze, and then smiles. "But it is the best method," she adds, her tail beginning to wave. 

"Do you know these?" She asks, bending down to point at the seeds with her dark nose. They're small and round, dark in color. They're in a large pile, and it looks as though Portia had spent a long long time collecting them-- which is true. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poppy_seed
33 Posts
Ooc — Anthony

The female's green eyes rose for a second to meet Uleön's deep mahogany own, but shifted her gaze away almost immediately. Those little actions, and the micro-expressions that usually accompanied them could tell Uleön a lot about a wolf and their emotions. This one seemed anxious for a moment, but her kindness and warmth came afloat soon after.

The Sage bends down to look at the seeds, "those are poppy seeds, of course," she assures with a smile and sits down with an uncomfortable crack from her hips. She inspected the cranium again, noticing the amount. "It must have taken you hours to collect these," she remarks, "are you a Botanist, dear?"

Did someone say plants?
526 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
The girl nods quickly. "Indeed, ma'am," she says, her slight southern accent drawing out in her sweet 'ma'am'. "And of course-- are you as well?" she asks. Poppy seeds were not hard to indentify, of course, even wolves with the smallest amount of medicinal knowledge could point out a poppy seed-- but she still had to ask. "I enjoy the exercise," she adds, her smile faultering for a split second. She wished to roam far far beyond Drageda's borders, but knew that if she went to explore-- she'd never come back. If there were poppy seeds here, then she'd find poppy seeds-- damnit. 

"I am also hoping to become an expert healer," she adds, oversharing a key quality in any southern girl. "I'm stocking up on herbs, currently, and replanting my own garden," she adds, nosing to the skull filled with dirt, rather than the one filled with seeds. 
33 Posts
Ooc — Anthony

The girl's confidence grew by the second, and so did Uleön's curiosity for the southern female. It was obvious, thanks to her accent, that she came from a distant place, which made her even more interesting to the north-born Sage. It did not surprise Uleön to find out the girl was a Botanist, but it sure did make her smile.

"I'm afraid I'm not," she reveals, "But I know a thing or two about plants..." she says, suggesting she very well knows her way around botany. Those nights with Aro back in their youth naming flowers and collecting herbs had stayed vivid in the Sage's memory through the years.

Uleön bends again over the next pot, she found dirt this time, and wondered whether her methods gave good results. "Is there a way I can help you? I must admit I'm very curious about your technique," she offered swaying her tail. It was the perfect chance to grow closer with her new pack-mates, and doing something she enjoyed along the was was a bonus.

Did someone say plants?
526 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
Portia shrugs, a little disappointed that the woman was not a naturalist herself-- but was still glad to hear she was interested. She then shook her head. "Sorry hun, afraid not," she says, "I've already got this one done. Though I do appreciate your offer," she adds, making sure the elder knew she had some sort of mannerism.  

"I could explain it to you though? It's a wonderful method, in my opinion," she adds. Without really waiting for an answer-- seeing the woman appeared plenty interested already-- she began a brief introduction to her strange ways. "I've already planted some poppy seeds in this skull," she says, motioning to the coyote skull filled with dirt. "I started doing it when I was a pup. I used to collect skulls that adults would leave behind after meals. My mother would always crush them up-- but I found that if I would plant flowers in them, she'd let me keep them. Something about ladies loving flowers, and how it was fitting for me. At first it was just an excuse to keep the bones-- they were all so interesting. But as I grew I began to appreciate the beauty of the bones and the plants together-- something so juxtaposing, I suppose. But I also found a certain advantage to planting them in skulls... at least, in my opinion." Her introduction was rather long, but most of her conversations were anyway. Her eyes glint with excitement-- passion-- as she waits for the woman to urge her on or ask her to politely shut up.
33 Posts
Ooc — Anthony

It was a surprise to hear that there was nothing Uleön could help with. If she was asked, she'd not hold back that she felt almost insulted for being refused an offer of help, but it would be absurd to get bogged in it anyway. She shrugs it off and continues to listen. Without even trying, Uleön had managed to trigger a river of words that flowed in spurts. She noticed the passion gleam in the girl's eyes and so she didn't stop her. She felt silent, and her eyes followed where hers took them, blinking curiously at the explanations and paying close attention to the piece of personal history she was being shared. She treasured those moments, for they meant Uleön was one step closer to someone else's soul.

"Beautiful," says Uleön, making an effort to imagine the blooming flowers sprouting out of the skull. "But, aren't skulls a bit... Constraining?" she asks, squinting curiously as she looks up at the girl's green eyes, urging her to go on.

Did someone say plants?
526 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
"I thought so," Portia says, elated that the woman had caught on to her next point. "But the eye sockets and nose provide room for roots to grow out of," she says, tipping a skull so that the woman could see for herself. Even if there wasn't much space, it was easy to punch out the top of the skull, leaving plenty of room to bury seeds in. Granted, that did render them useless when moving the plants. "I like to bury just the bottom of them so the roots can grow through and into the soil," she explains, then adds with a smile, "It's really just convienence. For instance, if you needed to move dens or hide your plants, there's no need to worry about digging them up and damaging stems or flowers with your teeth. Just dig out the roots and carry the skull-- less could go wrong there." In theory, anyway, but it'd gone well for Portia thus far.
33 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
fun fact: I have a skull-shaped flower pot lmao!

Uleön nods as she inspects the skulls a little closer and listens to the botanist's passionate explanation. It did seem like a handy tool to carry plants around, Uleön thought, so she made a mental note to send word of it back to Eldfell. The Magistri would surely find the technique fascinating.

"You are a clever one," praised the old Sage with a smile, "what's your name, dear? I'm Uleön," she said tipping her head. Perhaps leaving the Range hadn't been such an inconvenience, she thought; the sleeping beast had bright minds to learn from.

Did someone say plants?
526 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
When the elder praises her, Portia dips her head-- beaming. "Thank you, ma'am," she says sweetly, her tail tapping against the ground. When the lady asks her name, her ears perk. "How rude of me-- my name is Portia Rose," she tells the other, dipping her head again. "--of the Moreau family."

"It is a pleasure, on my end," she adds with a warm smile, her green eyes shining. 
33 Posts
Ooc — Anthony

"Portia," she repeats to better engrave the name in her memory, "The pleasure is mine". A pretty name for a pretty face, thought the older female, and smiled away when Portia spoke about her family's name. Uleön herself had left her surname behind as part of what it meant to join Eldfell, but there wasn't anything to miss about her blood relatives anyway.

Did someone say plants?
526 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
last from me <3

Portia smiles at the woman when she repeats her pleasure, and dips her head. "I think I'm gonna head in for a nap-- you get damn tired gathering all these herbs," she says, rolling her eyes playfully. Truly, she didn't mind, but she did prefer to sleep often enough. 

"It was, again, delightful meeting you ma'am," she says poilitely, a sweet smile plastered across her mouth. She then  picks up the potted poppy seeds, pushing the other softly with a paw against the boulder to her den before ducking in for a-- at least in her eyes-- well deserved nap.
33 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
I'll archive <3

With a warm smile the girl excused herself from the conversation. "You deserve the rest, it is wonderful job what you did with these," she complimented, and with a nod she gave the girl some space to find her way around. "It was, indeed, a pleasure," she returned, and with that she took off to find her own way to a nap. Her old bones surely would thank her for that.