Date; 4.3.2014
Time; Early evening
Location; Not too far from the Leader's den
Status; All Welcome

i'm just a dreamer
i dream my life away
i'm just a dreamer
[size=3]who dreams of better days[/size]

It was time to deposit the catches that she’d made over the course of the last 24 hours. She wasn’t even remotely tired, having slept through the night in a location away from anyone else. Being a member of the pack and doing things for the pack was one thing, but sleeping anywhere near anyone else was something entirely different and something that would take time for her to even remotely consider. Sabriyah had been entirely on her own for almost an entire year. It wasn’t something that she was going to be able to just instantly get over. It was going to take time.

Carrying her prizes security in her jaws, she followed her nose to find where she was going. It didn’t take long, at all, for the scent of Peregrine mixed with others to reach her nose, signaling that she was going the right direction. Sabriyah was not going directly to the alpha’s den, but to a small cache not all that far off from their den. The young female was careful to be quiet, but not so quiet that she’d startle and piss off either one of the leaders inside the den. The last thing she wanted was to get her ass kicked for doing as she’d been instructed to do!

Setting down the three small animals she had caught (2 rabbits and a raccoon), she moved to sniff at the cache. Slowly so as to not end up tossing out anything else that might be in the cache already, Sabriyah dug an opening. Only when she was satisfied with the depth of the opening did she stop digging, taking care to not kick dirt too far away. Lowering her rump to the ground and curling her tail around her paws, she gazed down at her own handiwork. Something in the hole had a pretty gnarly stink to it, though, and caused her to wrinkle her sensitive nose in disgust. Part of her wanted to figure out what it was that stank so badly, but the other part didn’t want to get in trouble or something for disposing of it.

“Screw it,” she muttered softly, pushing herself to her paws. Turning her back on the hole, she began to cover it back up without putting the three small animals she had brought into the hole with the gnarly stinking thing. Once she had replaced all the dirt she’d dug out, she tromped on it to pack the dirt down. Satisfied with that, she moved about five or six feet away from that cache and began digging a brand new, fresh cache. It took a little bit, but she finally managed to get the hole dug. It was harder than opening the other cache since she was digging this one from scratch, but it was worth it in her opinion.

Finally satisfied with what she’d been working on, she moved away from the hole to return to the three fresh killed small critters. Picking up one, the largest (a raccoon), she headed over to the hole and laid it inside first. Returning to the other 2 carcasses, she picked up the larger of the two rabbits, headed back over to the hole and placed it atop of the raccoon. As she turned to head over to pick up the smaller rabbit, she stopped suddenly. Ears thrust forward, the young female’s lavender eyes began to scan the area. That was all that moved on her.

1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
Up until recently Osprey had never understood the term "feeling lonely in the middle of the crowd". But the major events in the pack - the birth of Peregrine's children and death of Pied - had also affected her. More than she would have liked. She kept up the happy face for the sake of others, but when she was alone, she couldn't help but think about the various things that had happened to her during the past few months and how they had changed her life. It was the change that was the hardest to accept and she wished to find someone to talk to, without burdening them with her troubles.

Since there weren't any of the kind, she had kept herself busy. Work was the best remedy for a melancholic mind. Hunting, stashing, working together with other people of the pack, patrolling the borders. Osprey tried to be in the middle of action everywhere she went, fearing to be lost in her thoughts, if she didn't act. But even the most diligent get tired and on the day she encountered the newcomer to the Blacktail deer plateu, she was simply having a walk. The scent of a freshly caught prey and moist earth had drawn her attention and had brought her to the place, where the unknown she-wolf was working. After observing her for a while, Osprey stepped forward and asked: "Do you need a helping hand?"
<small>avatar by Zyn <3 </small>
21 Posts
Ooc — Charmy

So sorry for the terribly long dely :(

Working toward bringing food for the alpha pair and their pups was definitely giving her something to do. She was very nearly done with what she’d been doing when she had suddenly stopped, freezing in position to look around. She felt watched but hadn’t yet found the source. The moment the other wolf stepped forward, though, Sabriyah dropped her gaze and dipped her head down respectfully. Being the new kid on the block, she knew better than to not show respect to everyone else within the pack.

”I was just finishing up,” she answered, giving a small sway of her tail. ”The original cache over there,” she paused to motion with her nose to the original mound of dirt, ”smelled rancid when I uncovered it. So I opted to make them a new one with the fresh catches that I brought.” She felt like she was rambling, but she was really trying to explain what she was doing here so close to the alphas’ den.

”I’m Sabriyah,” she introduced herself. In doing so, she hoped the other female would do the same. This was a good start to meeting her fellow packmates.

1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
The she-wolf explained, what she had been doing and why, and then introduced herself. Her name was unusual, but had a pleasant sound and Osprey, who had a special sense for good stories, almost immediately knew that this one must have an outstanding one to tell. Of course, you don't go around and demand people to tell stories right after the introductory part, therefore she kept back the urge to ask right there and then.

"My name is Osprey, but I will probably be Yerpso soon," that is, if Peregrine insisted on calling his daughter Osprey Jr. She wasn't joking about this. The forest was too small to have to Ospreys. "Where do you come from?"