Moonspear Moonlight Mile
421 Posts
Ooc — Cody
By the time he had come back, it had become dark. The moon shined above, creating a shadown next to him against the ground. His paws ached, but he had done what he had left to do. And besides the wound on his hind leg that had nearly healed, Judas had come unscarred physically. Mentally, however, was a different story.

When the dark side comes out, he does not black out. He sees everything it sees, feels everything it feels. Hears everything it says through his own mouth. What he had done, it was inner torment. He had sworn to hold it back. But just as he had expected, it was an oath that could not hold forever.

Once past the border, he howled for @Charon, ready to give his alpha the news of his expedition. And also through a call for @Pyx, for he had promised to let her know when he got back in one piece.
Tricky Trickster Trickles Tricks
Free for any threads...if you dare.
219 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
She had been sleeping, but her name on the wind roused her. She sat a moment, trying to establish who it was that had called, her heart thudding. Amekaze? Charon? Was something wrong with the children? She rose and moved from her den, scenting the wind. The voice replay in her head and she realized who it had come from and a smile lit her face. Judas! He had returned. She was happy for a moment, then concerned. Was he calling because he was hurt? Without another thought she moved away from her den, heading toward his voice. Her pace was quick, in case he was injured. 

She arrived and a smile lit her face, her tail waved. "Judas!" She cried, clearly pleased to see him. "It's good to see you! How are you, are you hurt?" Without pausing for an answer she circled him, sniffing and looking for wounds. She found now, only the old one that was well beyond need for her skills. She stopped once she stood before his face again. "Mostly in one piece then, I see." She said, grinning. "How was your trip?"
Seeking
Medic Trade (5/10)
Naturalist (3/5)

421 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Judas' tail waved back, a smile growing. He couldn't help but admit he was glad to see her first. He knew her more than anyone else here in Moospear, and trusted her enough. "Pyx!" He stood still as she looked him over, awkwardly shuffling a bit to try and see keep her in his vision. Once she got back to his front, he looked her over from where he stood.

"You seem to have arrived safely." He kept on smiling, but a grimace came over. He had to get it off his chest. "Pyx, there's something I have to tell you. But later. I promise to tell you" he said, his tail falling. What he had done, it was a terrible thing. And he could not burden only himself with it.

Forgot to tag @Amekaze as well, as the message was for both Charon and her
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
At the sound of the call, Charon came. He made sure that the pups were well before he set off, telling Amekaze that she could stay with them — he didn't want to burden her with this, now. Besides, since it was Judas returning he figured that the news was for him, of his uncle, and so he set off towards Judas to receive the news. It hadn't gone unnoticed that he'd called for Pyx too, and Charon wondered what the reasons for it were.

When he arrived, Pyx was there too, giving him reason to believe that they knew each other better than he had anticipated. Good, he supposed. He carried himself proudly and dominantly, as per usual, when he arrived. "Did you find him?" he asked Judas, hoping to receive positive news about the whereabouts of his uncle. He didn't expect Mordecai to come visit him — he'd only visited his nephew once, and that was over a year ago — but it would at least be good to know how he was, he supposed.
219 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
She gave a swift nod at the mention of her arrival here. "We did not travel quite as far as you seemed to have gone. It was a swift return, just a little soreness on my part. Plants don't require chasing, I think I might need to work on my endurance some." She laughed a little, but laughter and smile faded as one when her friend grimaced. Her brow knit together.

"Is everything alright? Now you've got me worried. What happened?" She stared at him quizzically, wondering. He didn't get to reply though, for soon Charon appeared. Pyx turned and dipped her head respectfully to him, offering him a smile. She stood silent as Charon asked after whoever it was that he'd sent Judas for. She glanced between the two, assuming one of them would have told her to leave if it was private business.
Seeking
Medic Trade (5/10)
Naturalist (3/5)

421 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Judas shook his head, about to tell Pyx 'Not yet'. But Charon came to answer his call. Right to the point, and Judas was fine with that. He was in fact quite glad Charon came at that moment. Judas did not nod nor shake his head. "In person, no. Turns out he is missing from his own pack..." He trailed off there, just in case Charon wanted to input something. "I did however find his mate. She gave me a message, which I shall not repeat word for word."

He took a breath after talking, then kept going to continue to his message. Or rather, a simplified version. "She told me to pass on to you and Amekaze that they are immensely happy for you both, and that they hope that they and their children can visit. As soon as they are able...Oh, and also you are welcome at Marauder's Keep anytime you like." He was very relieved to get that out. That meant the end to his taks. And despite having doubted in the first place, he felt overly lucky to have completed it.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon wasn't sure if he'd broken up a moment there, but didn't think much of it. He listened to Judas' message. It was surprising, because Charon didn't even know that his uncle had a mate. He thought back to when they'd gone looking for Osprey. Was that the last time they'd met? No, they'd seen each other after that, when Moonspear was forming, when he and Ame had just decided that they'd bond their packs together.

Well, he wasn't in any position for a long journey to wherever the fuck Marauder's Keep was, anyway, so he supposed he'd just have to wait and see. "Alright, we'll see when that happens. Where's Marauder's Keep?" 'If that happens' was probably more accurate, he guessed, but he decided not to vent that opinion to Judas. He didn't need to know his low expectations of his own family.
219 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
Pyx listened quietly to the two talking. It was still not revealed who exactly this mystery person was, but she doubted it was any of her business. Whoever it was wished Amekaze and Charon's children well, promising to visit. Obviously a friend of Charon, or the pack. Marauder's Keep was a name she'd never heard and she logged it away for the future, should she ever be the one to greet the visitors to the pack.

Her eyes bounced between the two males as they took turns speaking. They settled with interest on Judas when he was asked where the pack was. How far had Judas gone? And what exactly had he done? It made her heart thud quickly in her chest. Hearing his past had been hard to accept...had he made that past his present? Did she really want to know what had happened? She wasn't sure, nor was she sure how she'd handle it if he told her he'd killed another wolf.
Seeking
Medic Trade (5/10)
Naturalist (3/5)

421 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Judas thought back to the path he took. The second path. "Well, I at first headed east like you said. Then I lost my way, and when I came back I found myself coming south-west. So north-east of us, more so east then north." If he had to go back, he was sure to choose that path. Going the first path he took, it would most likely end up getting him killed.

"Has she given birth yet?" He had no idea, and assumed so. Had Pyx gotten here in time to help her with herbs and all that? He really hoped he hadn't taken both of the wolves with best herbal knowledge during her giving birth. Judas gave a little glance over at Pyx, and a light smile. Thinking in the back of his mind how he would tell his only friend. Would he lose her too?
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Judas' description was the most rubbish description of a route that Charon had ever heard. He snorted out a sound that could be best described as a slightly annoyed laugh. He didn't further comment on the lack of significant details in Judas' explanation however. It wasn't like he actually intended to visit his uncle's family, anyway. If ever he would, then he'd probably just ask Judas about the directions again, except he'd ask for actual landmarks that time.

Charon was about to thank Judas for his work and be on with things when Judas asked about his mate — a subject that made him stick around. "Yes, she has — four girls." A smile appeared on his face once more, for talking about his family put Charon in a better mood than he'd been about the 'meh' news of his uncle or the crappy route description. "You're welcome to come see them in a few weeks." He lingered then, waiting to be excused in some manner, or to be asked more about his children.
421 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Skipping with permission

Judas smiled nervously, thinking there was something he did wrong at the sound of what seemed like an annoyed snort. But at least there was something good after. Four girls. He swore he would help protect them, with medical help and knowledge along with aid from Pyx of course. And keep them away from poisons.

Although there was one thing he knew he could not do, and that was be in there presence. Judas couldn't let his other side come out in their presence. "That is good to hear, alpha" he said in response. "So, is that all you will need of me?" He took a glance over at Pyx. He had a feeling he would be having a nice long chat with her.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
"Rest up after a job well done," Charon said with a grin, and he looked appreciatively at Judas. His uncle lived quite a while away last he'd seen him, so it was a feat to find him... Especially after getting lost, even.

Deciding he would leave Judas be for now so that he could rest up, Charon said: "See ya later," and he started heading back towards Amekaze and the girls, ready to smother all five of his girls in snoogles.
421 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Judas nodded, then waited until the alpha disappeared from sight. Then Judas let out a sigh of relief. He wasn't sure how long he could have held his composure. He felt very tired and needed to relax. He was ready to leave, though in his peripheral vision he remembered Pyx still there. No doubt she wanted answers. What had he gotten himself into?

He turned his face around to see her, the smile he had while talking with Charon gone and replaced by a regretful expression. "Pyx. Remember when you wanted a talk? I think now is the time."
219 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
Charon departed, apparently pleased with Judas' work. Pyx dipped her head to him, but still did not speak. Her place was not truly in this. She'd come only to speak with Judas and make certain he wasn't in need of healing. For a moment she watched Charon's back disappear, no doubt intent on finding the warmth of his mate and the fuzzy pile of pups. She felt a sudden and strong desire to call him back, to chase after him with one question or another. For a moment she puzzled over this thought, wondering what she wanted to ask or why she felt the need to call for him.

It was only as she heard Judas' voice that she realized she was nervous about what he would tell her. He hadn't said anything about it yet, but the expression as he'd said he needed to tell her something spoke volumes. She looked back to him, brows furrowing. "You've only just arrived back, Judas. Perhaps you should rest and tell me after. No telling how long since you've had a secure night's sleep." Her intentions were well hidden, masked behind the face of a concerned healer that was just as much her own skin. She was not afraid of Judas himself, no. Her fear was if he had done something horrible, that would bring his sins to the present. Could a bad wolf be so kind otherwise? Could a bad wolf be hiding in the skin of her friend? Was it possible for the bad wolf and her friend to be one and the same?

"Let me get you a couple of herbs, to soothe your muscles and let you sleep better. We can talk in the morning, and I'm sure you'll feel much better." She waved her tail, smiling at him. Perhaps in the morning whatever he had to say would not see as terrible, perhaps the sun could help to scare away some shadows.
Seeking
Medic Trade (5/10)
Naturalist (3/5)

421 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Fade? Or keep going?

Judas fell silent. It was indeed true he had not received a good night's sleep in the comfort of his own den. Perhaps a rest later would give him some thoughts on how he would go about telling her, his friend, about his foolish act. Judas was still rather hesitant on telling her. But to keep it from her would be worse, if she were to ever find out not from him.

Judas watched Pyx go, deciding to lay himself down against the ground with his injured leg sprawled out behind him. The injury was rather ironic in his mind, with him having been injured by someone who had a similar injury. He smiled back, then waited patiently.
219 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
She could see the hesitation in his own face, and realized he was willing to agree with her. She smiled at him again, gesturing towards the cache that lay in the distance. "Let me fetch the herbs, I'll be back." With that she turned to dash away, wishing to leave behind the bad news he had to tell her, wishing it out of existence. Something deep within her told her it was bad news, that it was something very bad.

She reached the cache in record time, taking time to dig a couple of herbs that she needed. Raspberry leaves, her go to herb. It would soothe any soreness he had and allow him to sleep and rest. She returned with a few in her muzzle, dropping them at his paws. "You didn't need to lay down here to sleep." She chuckled. "Eat these. Then you'll need to find a nice soft bed for the night to rest up. You can call for me in the morning..." She glanced to the sky, chuckled again and then back to Judas. "Well, morning likely won't be too far off. You can call for me once you've awakened. No reason to get worked up when you're already exhausted, right?" 

That said, she waited for him to down the leaves. "Call for me when you're ready to talk, alright?" She said, voice kind but soft. There was a hesitation in it, a nervousness. She gave him a gentle and brief brush of her muzzle against the fur below his ear before she turned to leave. She walked slowly in case he called, but otherwise made her way towards her den.

Fade here if you like?
Seeking
Medic Trade (5/10)
Naturalist (3/5)

421 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Judas waited for Pyx to come back. For some reason, part of him believed she wouldn't. That part made his heart ache. What he'd done, he thought just saying he had done something bad had scared her off. But the more rational part of his brain, the one that knew her knew she would be back. She had listened to his life story and had not run away cowering.

Just as he thought, she returned. he took the herbs in his mouth, holding them in there for a moment before chewing down on them. Judas was hesitant on taking them. She was helping him, just as she had helped the one who called herself Avannon. Pyx was gone by the time he thought of that name. It made him whimper. He had to prepare himself, he couldn't let out his emotions not yet.

So after chewing, he stumbled off to his den where he let all emotions pour out in his dreams. His nightmares.