Broken Antler Fen Do you know already?
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic

Pearl's heat had been over for awhile now, Sebastian was very curious to find out if there were any changes within Pearl. He often looked at her belly or tried to think of her reactions and if they were different. He didn't really know the signs of a female being pregnant. He hoped that she was pregnant though. He was itching to be a father. He wanted to for a while now. Odette had sparked that want even more.

He went to bring Pearl a meal, being the gentleman that he was. He liked to provide for his wife. And if she was pregnant she would need to eat extra, this he knew. Hopefully if he brought her enough meals her body would think they had plenty of food and a very safe environment for their pups.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl was still napping after another long early morning of hacking up her guts, which refused to come willingly. She knew she wasn't just sick, because nothing like this had happened to her before, and she was in heat not too long ago. Pearl had seen the signs before only slightly, but enough to know that yes, she was indeed prego. 

She was curled up not too far from a lake, as she fell asleep to the sound of the continueous peaceful motion of the water. She had been so relieved to have a break and finally get some rest.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian was looking for Pearl, tracking her down. He noticed that she had been more tired and he hoped that it was because she was carrying their babies. The large male eventually found her asleep. He let out a soft chuff which he usually did when entering the den or when he was close to her. She probably knew this sound by heart already. He placed the meal by her paws, a rabbit, and then planted himself next to her. He didn't intend to wake her, just to let her rest for a bit.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
When Pearl eventually stirred and awoke not that long after Sebastian found her napping. The plesant smell of the rabbit wafted by her nose, making her more or less receptive to Seb, depending on which part of her body you were referring to. Her face smiled, but her stomach lurched. 

"Hey," she sleepily whispered, raising her head up and yawning. "Thanks for the rabbit, but I really don't feel like eating." Pearl's smile broke suddenly into a grin, wanting to tell him the news that she suspected.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian grabbed the rabbit and looked over it like there was something wrong with it. "You should eat though," he admitted and looked at her with a worried expression, though she returned a smile to him. Sebastian was super confused and tipped his head. He wanted to smile himself too with how much she was smiling.

"What is it? Are you...?," he asked sounding now excited himself. He did not know that pregnant women didn't want to eat, which confused even more because they were most likely to eat more right? However he wanted it to be confirmed first.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl nodded excitedly, her tail wagging back and forth rapidly as she smiled up at her mate. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure," she said, choosing to ignore the rabbit for a little while. Just the sight of it made her stomach lurch and dizziness set in. Yeah, that wasn't happening anytime soon.

For now, she was just happy to share in the realization that they were going to be parents. They both had been looking forward to this for a long time (Seb, mostly), and it was almost unbelievable to think that it was actually happening.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian instantly jumped up in excitement. "Really!?," he asked. His tail was going crazy and he let out a playful bark. Slowly a super proud and pleased smile turned on his lip and started to shower Pearl with kissed. "I can't wait!," he let out and then moved his nose closer to her belly to check it out.

"You should eat though, otherwise the puppies might make you starve,"he pointed out, after he checked with his nose he tried to listen to her tummy, being the silly pup that he was himself. But there was not much to listen to. "This is wonderful news!,' he let out.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl smiled back at him and attepted to kiss him as much as she could back. She shifted her weight over to her back, allowing Seb to 'listen' to what wasn't big enough yet. She giggled knowingly, tail still going wild in shared excitement. 

"They won't make me starve yet, Seb. It's just the beginning, so I can't keep anything down right now." Pearl said, trying not to make him worry. It was completely natural as far as she knew, and she was perfectly capable of handling it.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian looked at it from a medical perspective and couldn't really get out of the confusion part that these pups needed to grow? Why would they make her sick? "Only in the beginning?," he asked. He could remember his mother being ill but he didn't really connect that to her being pregnant. Sebastian nuzzled her after listening to her belly, which was not very fruitful.

"I will talk to Aviana-- Which I need to do any way. I think I scared her, but I will talk to her and ask if she maybe as some herb that makes you feel better," he offered to his wife.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl nodded almost knowingly, not that she had any clue of what was going on with her right now. "As far as I know, but I don't think that eating anything and throwing it right back up will do any good for now. I think that my body's just getting used to it right now," she speculated, hoping that she was right. That was the only explination she could think of as she nuzzled her mate back. 

"Alright, I've already spoken to her about her running off, but I think you'll do better if you heard it from her yourself. Thank you for the offer, though." she said, wondering how Seb would take Avianna's side of the story.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian looked over her with a curious gaze. "Well hopefully it will pass soon," he spoke with a soft sigh. He didn't want her to feel too bad while carrying their babies. Sebastian then heard about Aviana and he remembered how she ran away from him. He was still meaning to talk to her about that but apparently Pearl did that already.

"What did she say? I kind of scared her," he admitted. He knew about the story but Pearl didn't know that. And he didn't know Pearl knew too. He hadn't told her out of Aviana's privacy. "I know her story, what happened in the past."
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl shifted her weight again, almost uncomfortable talking about another person's private problems. Kind of like a counselor/patient confidentiality, even though it was Seb's sister. "I'll let her explain the rest, but you kinda reminded her of your uncle during my heat and scared her. It wasn't her fault she ran off, so go easy on her." she said, smiling softly up at her larger mate. 

She stood up without much difficulty (for the time being, there's still time), and nuzzled into Seb's fur with a smile. "I'm so happy," she whispered, genuinely meaning it.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian could tell that she disliked talking about it too much but he was grateful that the female did give him some input. He slowly nodded. "I already figured it was something like that. I hope our relationship isn't too ruined," he admitted. Sebastian had not come over strongly in his own eyes but for a female that experienced certain things it could be rather scary perhaps.

The male got up with her and smiled too. "Me too," he agreed and grabbed the meal. He nudged her. "Lwetss goww howweeee," he mumbled with the dead animal in his mouth, meaning 'Lets go home'.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
"I doubt it's ruined, and besides, you're family." Pearl stated, believing it to be true. She gave a happy wag of her tail as she was nudged, getting a strong whiff of the prey that made her stomach turn and rumble at the same time. Quite a strange feeling, but not a good one for sure. 

Pearl happily walked alongside her husband as they took their time on the way back to the Cove. Perhaps someone else would be hungry for a meal.